2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

9 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

Mcminn didn't improve, just their officials. Cumberland county had 3 starters foul out, one with 4, and the top player off the bench with 3.    23 fouls on the top 6 players. Dishman fouled out with 37 points and 3 charges. All while having at least 2 girls hanging onto her jersey or arm all night. She's not been called for 3 charges in her 3 years in high school ball. And if you weren't at the game, please don't try to comment that referees don't make a difference. I was there.   

LOL, here we go with the blame game.  Sure, it was a conspiracy with all three officials to make sure Cumberland Co. got beat.  McMinn Central's players had absolutely nothing to do with the win, it was all due to the officiating.  Everyone knows Cumberland Co. is invincible and the only way you can beat them is by cheating.  Did I miss anything?  :roflol:

7 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

As many times as Dishman was hacked held and pushed, she should have gone to the line 25 times.  Officials are supposed to ensure a fair contest, not ensure a win for one team or the other. A good official won't even be remembered when the game is over. That's their job, not be a sideshow

Apparently the message never got to the McMinn Central girls that they were to bow down to Miss Dishman, allowing her to run up and down the floor uncontested.  If the Central girls had known in advance, I'm sure they would have felt honored that Miss Dishman even appeared to play against them.   

Thank you for posting the video. I've watched the 1st half finished with 10 fouls called on CCHS and 9 on MC. I thought the 3rd foul called on Dishman was a week call. I did think she fouled her before the shot but not deserving of being called. Sloppy play by both team several unforced turn overs by both teams. Several fouls by both teams not called. I will watch the rest later.

15 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

Mcminn didn't improve, just their officials. Cumberland county had 3 starters foul out, one with 4, and the top player off the bench with 3.    23 fouls on the top 6 players. Dishman fouled out with 37 points and 3 charges. All while having at least 2 girls hanging onto her jersey or arm all night. She's not been called for 3 charges in her 3 years in high school ball. And if you weren't at the game, please don't try to comment that referees don't make a difference. I was there.   

Thanks to EastTNfan20 for attaching the game video. I just finished watching the full game and will say I had the advantage over someone their watching as I could stop and back up. Total fouls roughly 25-17 a bit of a difference. In my humble opinion CCHS lost because they depend on 32 way to much. She had 35 of their 49 points. When one play accounts for that high of a % of the teams points there will be times it doesn't work for them. Outside of 32 CCHS team shooting % was terrible. Dishman is a very good player gets out of control more than I think she should and that led to a couple of her fouls. CCHS rebounds well but appears prone to turn the ball over if pressured or at least all but 32. CCHS doesn't appear to have a very deep bench. Looking forward to the region tourney. Why doesn't CCHS have a better inside game with the size they have? CCHS not have abetterTNfan20

• Upvote 1

I just watched the entire game, too.  From just seeing this game, Cheatham will be okay if we get past East Nashville/Pearl Cohn.  We got White House Heritage by 20 last night.  We have two that play exactly like Dishman.  1 had 17 last night, the other had 24.  Our issue will be foul trouble.  If we foul out 3 with 7 min to go in a close game, we’ll have problems.

48 minutes ago, UTRok said:

Thanks to EastTNfan20 for attaching the game video. I just finished watching the full game and will say I had the advantage over someone their watching as I could stop and back up. Total fouls roughly 25-17 a bit of a difference. In my humble opinion CCHS lost because they depend on 32 way to much. She had 35 of their 49 points. When one play accounts for that high of a % of the teams points there will be times it doesn't work for them. Outside of 32 CCHS team shooting % was terrible. Dishman is a very good player gets out of control more than I think she should and that led to a couple of her fouls. CCHS rebounds well but appears prone to turn the ball over if pressured or at least all but 32. CCHS doesn't appear to have a very deep bench. Looking forward to the region tourney. Why doesn't CCHS have a better inside game with the size they have? CCHS not have abetterTNfan20

When you play at Central the foul count will not be in your favor. In Wednesday's game it was 4-12 in the first half in Centrals favor. And Meigs lead by 11 at the half. In the second half in was 6-13. Both teams are really aggressive but the foul count was a little lopsided at 11-25. But Central will be a tough out this year.

5 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

When you play at Central the foul count will not be in your favor. In Wednesday's game it was 4-12 in the first half in Centrals favor. And Meigs lead by 11 at the half. In the second half in was 6-13. Both teams are really aggressive but the foul count was a little lopsided at 11-25. But Central will be a tough out this year.

I go to a lot of Central games and I agree with you on the Chargerette's game with Meigs. I thought Meigs was on the short end on some of the calls and non-calls the other night.  As far as the game with Cumberland Co. I thought the calls were pretty well even, and nothing so out of line that it warranted whining by the Cumberland County fan on here. Cumberland Co. is a good team and Dishman is a good player, but Cumberland Co.'s coach is making the same mistakes with her team that Johnny Morgan has made with some of the past Central teams, focusing too much on one player to do it all.
Congratulations to Meigs girls beating McMinn Co. last night!  

I've been to a few McMinn Central games this year and they're certainly better than they were at the beginning of the season. I was at the game Friday night when they played Cumberland County, and didn't see any officiating that slanted toward one team affecting the outcome. 
Playing at Central or Meigs can be very intimidating, as I'm sure it can be at Cumberland County, Upperman, or Macon Co.  

Doesn't surprise me that those bias Cumberland County fans are crying about the refs.  They seem to think that they should be able grab and push on defense and call it pressure.  How dare those refs from another association call a foul a foul.  CC only knows how to play one style and if the refs let them do it, they are tough to beat.  There best player can really score the ball but you can take a charge when she drives the lane.  Why was she in the game early in the 4th with 4 fouls?  Where were those other D1 guards at?   When you play in a district as weak as 7AA  it's not hard to hide individual and team weaknesses.  Playing weak teams should give you bench a chance to get stronger but not if your intention is to play your starters to pad their stats when your up 30 plus.   Clarkrange and Central are the only teams that have tested CC since December.  Central may have exposed a few weakness.   Adjusting your playing style to the way the refs are calling the game will be a big key in region play.  TSSAA determines which association will call a region.  Bad refs are apart of it but Blaming the refs is just bush league!        

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:04 PM, BearcatDad said:

I just watched the entire game, too.  From just seeing this game, Cheatham will be okay if we get past East Nashville/Pearl Cohn.  We got White House Heritage by 20 last night.  We have two that play exactly like Dishman.  1 had 17 last night, the other had 24.  Our issue will be foul trouble.  If we foul out 3 with 7 min to go in a close game, we’ll have problems.

Teams will not want to play Maplewood in the tournament. They are the 3 seed in 10AA. I watched them handle East Nashville Friday.  10AA is good athletic district, Maplewood has 2nd biggest team in AA (behind Westview) who is putting it together as of late. They lost to PC by 3 & 7, lost to East by 20+ and beat them Friday by 4 or 5 (if I can recall). They have a 6'3 - 6'2 - 6'4 -6''2 THAT START! They are long and athletic team that plays hard, defend well, and alter game plans. Be on the lookout for this team in the post season.