2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

1 hour ago, hohmaster said:

The key for Meigs to do that is winning the region and hosting sub-state, but I still don't think they can beat Upperman, Macon Co., or Cumberland Co. Same with McMinn Central if they host sub-state against any of those 3 teams.

I do believe Meigs or McMinn Central will have to host a substate game to win. But the team that host will have a chance. Cumberland County only beat McMinn Central by 8 points at Cumberland County. 

3 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I do believe Meigs or McMinn Central will have to host a substate game to win. But the team that host will have a chance. Cumberland County only beat McMinn Central by 8 points at Cumberland County. 

Cumberland County will be traveling to McMinn last game of the regular season. Cumberland is 20 and 1 whereas McMinn is 14 and 8. Cumberland County has developed into a powerhouse.

22 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I believe Upperman and Macon County will come out of that Region. I believe Meigs could win a substate game at home. they put a lot of pressure on the ball and cause a lot of turnovers. Meigs is a hard place to play. 

I have seen all three of them play it would be a huge upset for Macon to beat Cumberland co but it's high school kids so I guess there is a chance

38 minutes ago, UTRok said:

I would hope Cumberland would be a powerhouse in AA. Didn't they go 10-0 in their district last year in AAA?

Classifications are by student enrollment numbers, not talent of the teams.  If talent  were the case, picket co., the smallest school in the state, would be AAA.  Since they just beat stone memorial last week. 

One game on one night is not a season against like competition. A lot of team can win on a given night but when you play at that level 3 nights in a week that means a bit more. Dropping from AAA to AA is an advantage. If you win at the AAA level with constancy you better win at the AA level. I would call 10-0 in their district and 24-6 on the season winning. Along with 24-6 and 11-0 the season before. I would call that battle tested coming in to region 4AA.

We have played all 3 (Cumberland, Macon & Upperman), my opinion is Cumberland Is better than Macon or Upperman.

Their press and pressure are by far the best I've seen.  Dishman can score with the best of them, but make  no mistake they have several other kids that can score and every kid they put on the floor is relentless.  The press comes at you in waves.

3 hours ago, UTRok said:

One game on one night is not a season against like competition. A lot of team can win on a given night but when you play at that level 3 nights in a week that means a bit more. Dropping from AAA to AA is an advantage. If you win at the AAA level with constancy you better win at the AA level. I would call 10-0 in their district and 24-6 on the season winning. Along with 24-6 and 11-0 the season before. I would call that battle tested coming in to region 4AA.

You have obviously not seen Pickett or clarkrange or south green or north view or Cheatham or any of 2 dozen other teams in A and AA that could make the AAA tournament, play any games this year. the size of the school doesn't determine the talent of the team

9 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

You have obviously not seen Pickett or clarkrange or south green or north view or Cheatham or any of 2 dozen other teams in A and AA that could make the AAA tournament, play any games this year. the size of the school doesn't determine the talent of the team

Seen PC and CR many times and both this season. South Greene I have not. No  the size of the school does not but a larger student body gives you a much better chance to find athletes and have a deeper bench. That is just a numbers fact.

2 hours ago, ballinup90 said:

That's horrible.

Same basic schedule they played last season and beat 3 of the best AA team in the state Jackson SS, East Nashville and Pearl Cohn on the way to winning the state. Now not saying they will win it this year but that is the schedule they play. 

Edited by UTRok

They beat East Nashville and Pearl Cohn significantly this summer.  Granted, East Nashville was still without Upton.  They also  beat Beech, Blackman, and Station Camp in November.  Upperman is a good team.  They are young and talented and Levy is near unstoppable. 

Edited by ElizabethGrace1320