2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

3 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

What mismatches were there to Dyersburg’s advantage is what I’m wondering...

Westview is going to be a tough out for anyone to beat - no one in AA can match 6’3 and 6’2 in the post at the same time.

Stated the mismatches above. Yes, they will be tough to beat, but it could happen IMO. "no one in AA can match 6'3 and 6'2 in the post at the same time." was the same thing that was said last year going into tournament time. You are right cant match it, but don't have to match it to beat it (region championship, state tournament). Both of them on the floor is a liability on the defensive end and 50 wasnt aggressive on offense.

39 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Stated the mismatches above. Yes, they will be tough to beat, but it could happen IMO. "no one in AA can match 6'3 and 6'2 in the post at the same time." was the same thing that was said last year going into tournament time. You are right cant match it, but don't have to match it to beat it (region championship, state tournament). Both of them on the floor is a liability on the defensive end and 50 wasnt aggressive on offense.

It wasn't said last year. The two post players didn't play at the same time last year, because they weren't in shape enough to play an entire game like they have worked themselves into this year and therefore had to sub in and out for each other last year. If a team has one big, then they can guard one but then the other one will have a mismatch. It's tough to defend. 

The difference this year is they have the guard play to compliment the post play. When you play the #8 team in the state and you only have 3 turnovers, that says something about your ball handling and poise.

I guess we will see tonight if anything changes since someone thought it was a good idea to play the same team back to back nights.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, Vol2Vol2 said:

McMinn Central had nothing for Cumberland county when they played them Nov 20th. They will play again on Feb 9th. Guess we will see if they have improved by then. Don't see either of those teams being any competition for Cumberland county or Upperman. Time will tell.

McMinn must have improved as they beat CC by 9 tonight. Never count out McMinn Central at home. Coach may have read them your post before the game.

6 minutes ago, UTRok said:

McMinn must have improved as they beat CC by 9 tonight. Never count out McMinn Central at home. Coach may have read them your post before the game.

Meigs laid Central by 14 in the first half Wednesday night at Central. They closed the gap going into the 4th and took the lead with about 3 minutes left and held on for the win. Meigs beat a pretty good McMinn County team tonight by 12. Meigs and Central are better than people think. Meigs is 23-4 on the year and both teams play really hard and have really good ball handlers and are extremely hard to press. Both teams are more than capable of winning a substate game at home. Going on the road and wining will be hard.

1 hour ago, UTRok said:

Mcminn didn't improve, just their officials. Cumberland county had 3 starters foul out, one with 4, and the top player off the bench with 3.    23 fouls on the top 6 players. Dishman fouled out with 37 points and 3 charges. All while having at least 2 girls hanging onto her jersey or arm all night. She's not been called for 3 charges in her 3 years in high school ball. And if you weren't at the game, please don't try to comment that referees don't make a difference. I was there.   

1 hour ago, Mw4vols said:

Mcminn didn't improve, just their officials. Cumberland county had 3 starters foul out, one with 4, and the top player off the bench with 3.    23 fouls on the top 6 players. Dishman fouled out with 37 points and 3 charges. All while having at least 2 girls hanging onto her jersey or arm all night. She's not been called for 3 charges in her 3 years in high school ball. And if you weren't at the game, please don't try to comment that referees don't make a difference. I was there.   

I've seen game where I thought he officials made a difference in the game. Where the fouls totals were lopsided and that in my opinion effected the out come of the game. So with you saying 6 CCHS players accounted for 23 fouls I would guess team totals for the game would be around 27-30 total fouls? I would also assume that CCHS never made it to the double bonus in the 2nd half so less than 10 team fouls on McMinn Central? Again assuming that the difference between total team fouls would be 10 to 12 fouls?  Just trying to understand. Or are you saying ball control whistles creating turn overs changing possession type calls were the difference? Also if anyone cares McMinn Central puts a lot of their game films on youtube so the game maybe on youtube before long.

Cumberland county plays a pressure defense, lots of presses, and scores a lot on turnovers. when you can't play defense for cheap whistles and your opponent can hold a players jersey from inbound pass to front court, you can not establish a rythem.   They won't put this one online, unless it's heavily  edited. 

26 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

Cumberland county plays a pressure defense, lots of presses, and scores a lot on turnovers. when you can't play defense for cheap whistles and your opponent can hold a players jersey from inbound pass to front court, you can not establish a rythem.   They won't put this one online, unless it's heavily  edited.