2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

13 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

How tough is that competition out there?

Pretty tough. They lost tonight to Clovis West out of CA by 6 points. They were the winners of this tournament last year and were #1 in the nation. This year they are ranked in the top 20 in the nation. Enrollment for the two schools they have played so far is 2400+ and Westview’s is around 550-600. They have had a great showing so far and play again tomorrow

Edited by sportslover88

1 hour ago, sportslover88 said:

Pretty tough. They lost tonight to Clovis West out of CA by 6 points. They were the winners of this tournament last year and were #1 in the nation. This year they are ranked in the top 20 in the nation. Enrollment for the two schools they have played so far is 2400+ and Westview’s is around 550-600. They have had a great showing so far and play again tomorrow

Agreed! The teams that Westview is playing are high quality opponents. Clovis West is regularly one of the top teams in California. Great experience for Westview and I believe this will help them a lot come tournament time.

• 2 weeks later...

Westview defeats Dyer Co tonight 60-40 in the championship game of the Lions Club tournament. They were led by sophomore guard Alexis Callins with 16 and junior guard Zanasha Gadlen with 14. This just goes to show that if you focus on Jones and Graves then there are others that will step up. This is the most well rounded team I have seen at Westview in a while

11 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Crockett co also defeats TCA 62-50 to win the championship game of the Christmas tournament at Oman Arena. Three good wins for 13AA over good opponents

Well done, 13AA!  Three good wins, the most surprising of the three to me is Dyersburg dismantling of SS. Did SS just run out of gas playing 3 games in a row?

Dyersburg IMO had this game circled with a red marker. They came out like they had something to prove. South Side didn’t match their intensity and effort. Bottom line. We knew it was gonna be a uphill battle going in, but I thought it would be competitive. It’s Westview and Dyersburg, then South Side and probably Bolivar this year in AA in West TN.