ballinup90

10 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

South Greene

Upperman

Westview

East Nashville

Cumberland County

in no particular order

I'd agree. Although, I went to see Pearl Cohn and East Nashville game last week. (Huge Rivalry) Pearl had East down 20+ half way through the 3rd quarter. Pearl blew a lead (which they tend to do often) to lose 61-60. Pearl probably has  two of the best players in ALL classes with Shaw and Chambers and could beat any of these top 5 teams when those two get going. The downfall is that their supporting cast isn't very good. Which will hurt them.

South Greene, Upperman, Westview,  Cumberland Co. strength of schedule isn't very intriguing. Mainly due to their location and district play. I would just like to see "good teams" play tougher opponents early in the season, instead of small county schools. (Just my opinion)

However, I do believe that Pearl Cohn can be up there with the tops of these Top 5 teams.

I do like the list!

Edited by ballinup90

1 hour ago, ballinup90 said:

I'd agree. Although, I went to see Pearl Cohn and East Nashville game last week. (Huge Rivalry) Pearl had East down 20+ half way through the 3rd quarter. Pearl blew a lead (which they tend to do often) to lose 61-60. Pearl probably has  two of the best players in ALL classes with Shaw and Chambers and could beat any of these top 5 teams when those two get going. The downfall is that their supporting cast isn't very good. Which will hurt them.

South Greene, Upperman, Westview,  Cumberland Co. strength of schedule isn't very intriguing. Mainly due to their location and district play. I would just like to see "good teams" play tougher opponents early in the season, instead of small county schools. (Just my opinion)

However, I do believe that Pearl Cohn can be up there with the tops of these Top 5 teams.

I do like the list!

Westview plays in the NIKE Tournament of Champions in Arizona next week. Riverdale and Westview are the only two Tennessee teams playing in it. It will be interesting to see how well they do as it has some of the best competition from the nation playing in it over the four days!

4 hours ago, ballinup90 said:

I do like the list!

Have you seen Cumberland county first half schedule? Nearly all top 25 teams at the time they played them, not their fault they were moved into a weak district for the second half of their schedule. Far and away the best AA team this first half. Unless the likes of Blackman, Stone Memorial, Beech, White County,Clarkrange, and McMinn are not "good teams".

7 hours ago, ballinup90 said:

I do like the list!

I agree... Pearl Cohn could easily be in that top 5, and is fully capable of beating anyone in that top 5.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:12 PM, logcabinman said:

Interesting thing is, Cumberland Co. game was close until the last few minutes.  Daniel Boone is a solid AAA team and the Chargerettes were leading at half, game again was closer than score indicated.  Played Baylor that night and were just really flat and tired from the DB game that morning.  McMinn Co. blew them out, but they were without senior leader and point guard.  If they can peak at the right time, they could be a dangerous foe.

You do know that Cumberland was playing without their top scorer that night, and another starter for them played sparingly because of foul trouble?  Baylor and McMinn ran the Chargerettes off the floor. Of the 4 games that Central has won, it was against teams with a combined 8-22 record.  They aren't even close in talent to last years team, which didn't get past substate.  Central will end up with a winning record because their district is weak (other than Meigs), and their Region is even weaker. 

Cumberland County choose to play in the weaker district.  They will not be tested in district play.  I believe it would of been more beneficial  to play in 8AA.  Playing  Upperman and Macon would help them gain more big game experience  before tournament time.     Stone, Blackman and White are all average 3AAA teams this year.  Clarkrange is there strongest opponent on schedule.  I believe Upperman is the team to beat in AA.