2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

5 hours ago, hohmaster said:

McMinn Central girls are 2-5 and lost a couple of those games by double digit blowouts. It's a good thing they play in a weak district.

They are struggling more than I thought they would. But Meigs is playing good basketball right now just need more production from the bench.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:55 PM, Dadof2 said:

They are struggling more than I thought they would. But Meigs is playing good basketball right now just need more production from the bench.

Morgan's string of girls from Athens and other areas is drying up. Meigs and McMinn County both have better young players than Central does.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:55 PM, Dadof2 said:

I come to some of the Meigs' basketball games.  Did I read somewhere you said you had two current Lady Tigers playing basketball?

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, BearcatDad said:

Cheatham beat Beech last night 66-43.  I think Beech played Cumberland Co close.  2 pt game if I read right.  Cheatham’s crew is going to be a problem for lots of teams this year.

Cheatham is always a problem until they play East or Pearl Cohn in the region. They have a great group of players and great coach. Can they get over that hurdle this season? East and Pearl are both struggling early. This just may be the year!

On 12/1/2017 at 2:55 PM, Dadof2 said:

Interesting thing is, Cumberland Co. game was close until the last few minutes.  Daniel Boone is a solid AAA team and the Chargerettes were leading at half, game again was closer than score indicated.  Played Baylor that night and were just really flat and tired from the DB game that morning.  McMinn Co. blew them out, but they were without senior leader and point guard.  If they can peak at the right time, they could be a dangerous foe.

26 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Interesting thing is, Cumberland Co. game was close until the last few minutes.  Daniel Boone is a solid AAA team and the Chargerettes were leading at half, game again was closer than score indicated.  Played Baylor that night and were just really flat and tired from the DB game that morning.  McMinn Co. blew them out, but they were without senior leader and point guard.  If they can peak at the right time, they could be a dangerous foe.

I've watched those girls play for a few years and they all have hart. And they will be a dangerous team. 

Cheatham dropped one at home against Summertown last Thursday.  We played Summertown in team camp and they beat us pretty good, but we were without 3 starters, 2 of which were the leading scorers.  That being said, I was VERY impressed with Summertown.  They play man 2 man/help the helper defense about as good as I have seen a girls team play it.  Father Ryan is probably the best I have seen it played in middle Tennessee.  Cheatham's struggle is going to be not having a consistent knock down shooter in the mid-range.  If our guards can't turn the opposing team over high and our dribble-drive is well defended, we have a hard time in the half court knocking shots down.