Mr Football 3A semifinalists

FBfan26

1 minute ago, 2001Bobcat said:

John Bachus has nearly 1000 more passing yards and 17 more touchdowns in 1 less game than the Bolivar QB. Not saying Lowe isn't a good player but Bachus should have at least made the semifinal list...

I agree.  Bachus should be on that list!

Kaylin Granberry is the obvious choice, He set the Shelby County - Metro Memphis record for touchdowns scored in a season this year. If he doesn't win it ... it's rigged!

These are his stats through 10 weeks ... these stats do not includes the last game of the regualar season. I got these stats from The ShelbyMetroSportsBlog website.

Name                         School             Carries      Ttl Yds  Yds/Car      TD

Kalyn Grandberry    Raleigh Egypt    143         1546         10.8         32

His team is currently undefeated in 3A. They won convincingly in the 1st round and the team is reanked #2 in the State in the AP poll in the last ranking. He is the straw that stirs the drink for his team offensively. I think it is his to lose, and I don't see that happening.

Edited by kwc

Going by numbers it SHOULD  be Bachus and Grandberry at 1 and 2. Of the players on the list I would put Lowe and Grandberry at 1 and 2. I don't know much about Jackson. Parker is playmaker though! James is also a big playmaker but I think Bachus deserves that spot a little more. Big numbers and played tough competition. All good players though

3 minutes ago, bglass said:

We have junior running back at Covington that has just slightly less yards- 1501-than Granberry against much better competition and he won't get sniff at award. He's had to share ball with his teammate who has has almost 1000 yards rushing himself.

Put his stats up.

2 minutes ago, buckeyeball said:

Going by numbers it SHOULD  be Bachus and Grandberry at 1 and 2. Of the players on the list I would put Lowe and Grandberry at 1 and 2. I don't know much about Jackson. Parker is playmaker though! James is also a big playmaker but I think Bachus deserves that spot a little more. Big numbers and played tough competition. All good players though

Yeah ... but are they end zone magnets like Gramberry? Remember, those stats are just through 10 weeks. Last week's game isn't in those stats I listed.

1 minute ago, kwc said:

Yeah ... but are they end zone magnets like Gramberry? Remember, those stats are just through 10 weeks. Last week's game isn't in those stats I listed.

I don't disagree. Haven't actually seen him play but his numbers should place him in the top 2. I just think Bachus deserves to be on the list