Mr Football 3A semifinalists

FBfan26

12 minutes ago, kwc said:

Memphis area high school players of the week (Round 1, Playoffs)

John Varlas, USA TODAY NETWORK – TennesseePublished 9:00 a.m. CT Nov. 7, 2017

Raleigh-Egypt MLK Prep Football

Football offense

Kalyn Grandberry, Raleigh-Egypt: The senior picked up 237 yards on just 15 carries and scored on runs of 87, 18 and 44 yards as the Pharaohs improved to 11-0 with a 41-13 victory over Bolivar Central in the first round of the Class 3A playoffs. With 40 touchdowns on the year and at least one game to go, Grandberry has a shot at the Shelby County single-season record of 43 set by White Station's Dillon Mitchell (2015).

Football defense

Quentin Williams, Southwind: Williams intercepted two passes and broke up two others to help the Jaguars defeat Clarksville Northeast, 35-28, in Class 5A. One interception was returned 70 yards for a touchdown and pulled Southwind to within a point at 28-27 after trailing 28-7.

Reach John Varlas at john.varlas@commercialappeal.com or on Twitter @johnvarlas.

Is he better than Lowe or Brown from Bolivar? Haven't seen any in person but did just watch Lowe's highlights.

2 hours ago, 2001Bobcat said:

FBfan26....Just curious. What was your impression of our QB (Bachus) when we played you guys?

Heck if you ask me best Top 3 in the state. Best one we have seen by far. I was really surprised he wasn't a semifinalist. Also surprised he's committed to utm. He should have memphis,Ole miss who ever after him.

Edited by FBfan26

4 hours ago, kwc said:

Memphis area high school players of the week (Round 1, Playoffs)

John Varlas, USA TODAY NETWORK – TennesseePublished 9:00 a.m. CT Nov. 7, 2017

Raleigh-Egypt MLK Prep Football

Football offense

Kalyn Grandberry, Raleigh-Egypt: The senior picked up 237 yards on just 15 carries and scored on runs of 87, 18 and 44 yards as the Pharaohs improved to 11-0 with a 41-13 victory over Bolivar Central in the first round of the Class 3A playoffs. With 40 touchdowns on the year and at least one game to go, Grandberry has a shot at the Shelby County single-season record of 43 set by White Station's Dillon Mitchell (2015).

Football defense

Quentin Williams, Southwind: Williams intercepted two passes and broke up two others to help the Jaguars defeat Clarksville Northeast, 35-28, in Class 5A. One interception was returned 70 yards for a touchdown and pulled Southwind to within a point at 28-27 after trailing 28-7.

Reach John Varlas at john.varlas@commercialappeal.com or on Twitter @johnvarlas.

Nothing new lol. The Memphis area always have 2 or 3 3or4 star backs with almost 2000 yards seems like every year lol

20 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Nothing new lol. The Memphis area always have 2 or 3 3or4 star backs with almost 2000 yards seems like every year lol

Come on now FBfan26 ... it ain't err'day a phenomenal RB like this comes out of 3A in Memphis. LOL, and you KNOW i'm not gonna stop promotin' my M-town folks! However, I do agree, Memphis has somebody just about every year that does something pretty special on the gridiron. But don't be sittin' ova' there like Metro Nashville is vacant of talent. I was born at night ... but it wasn't LAST night. LOLOLOLOL! Y'all got some 4-star and 5-star talent too. A lot of it. Heck, the University of Memphis is starting a freshman this year at Cornerback, who played last year at Stratford I believe. If memory serve me correctly ... wasn't he a 4-star recruit?

Uh huh ... don't be actin' like Memphis got ALL the talent. Quite the contrary.

Edited by kwc

42 minutes ago, kwc said:

Come on now FBfan26 ... it ain't err'day a phenomenal RB like this comes out of 3A in Memphis. LOL, and you KNOW i'm not gonna stop promotin' my M-town folks! However, I do agree, Memphis has somebody just about every year that does something pretty special on the gridiron. But don't be sittin' ova' there like Metro Nashville is vacant of talent. I was born at night ... but it wasn't LAST night. LOLOLOLOL! Y'all got some 4-star and 5-star talent too. A lot of it. Heck, the University of Memphis is starting a freshman this year at Cornerback, who played last year at Stratford I believe. If memory serve me correctly ... wasn't he a 4-star recruit?

That back from Trezevant was a breast now.

1 hour ago, kwc said:

See the purple bears and Memphis East the past few years for a reference hahaha. We just trying to play catch up lol