Round 2: Elizabethton (9-2) @ Anderson Co. (11-0)

EHSTrack06

2 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

It was a sad turnout. That being said we do travel well and 90% of the time outnumber the home team fans. It does make me mad that a lot of people leave after half time. I go to watch the game and always get stuck sitting on the away side because the whole home side is always reserved. The good thing is that the away side is generally empty depending on which team so a good seat on the away side isn't hard to find.

Maybe they should think about un reserving so many of the seats,I know when my brother in law played we never got to set on the home side,there was always empty seats that could have been filled but they were reserved,glad I get to go watch 1a and 2a ball where you can set anywhere you like as long as you get there early, anyways go cyclones 

On 11/4/2017 at 11:36 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

Another activity Betsy Fans will enjoy while visiting the Maverick Stadium is "The Greatest Show On Turf" Here is last week as a Preview for what is come!

great great intro....i enjoyed seeing it first had last year when the Greene Devils travelled to AC and struggled to squeek out a narrow victory over the mavericks.....hehehe..but seriously though, that is probably the best high school entrance you will see around here. Greeneville I'm sure has the financial backing and sponsorship to pull off something equally dazzling, they just choose to save their money for charter buses to cookeville.....( please forgive me you all, its not usually like me to be such a smarty pants, i guess watching devilman work his craft on here lately has proven to be a bad bad influence on me. Devilman, you should be ashamed for corrupting me like this )

Edited by BVDevil

16 hours ago, Tab said:

About EHS fans. The crowd this past Friday was a disgrace less than half full and smallest crowd of the year. I say atleast 30% just come for band and leave then anther 30% come to talk and do not have a clue about the game. So EHS does not have a big football fan base and I am sure some will argue that but this past Friday and watching what happens after the band plays and yes they left after the band the Greeneville game shows they are not there for football

well, lets examine this topic for a bit shall we. For one, there are usually more band members than football players, especially at schools like betsy and greeneville, so naturally there will be more band parents at the games than football parents. that leaves us with the fan that has no ties to the band OR the team players. They are in most cases there to see either both or just the Football game. Before three years ago, I was the typical parent that went for the football game. Then my daughter started high school and decided she wanted to try color guard. She did and loves it so there for I have been given the chance to see a whole different side of this issue. If i were not making Greeneville videos and  had zero interest in football what so ever, i promise you i would go to every game her band was at and i have seen her perform atlelast 2 times every year shes been there and i fully support their band and am a small donor to their cause. So i totally understand why some people go to the games and leave after the band plays. I also understand why alot of people didnt pack the house for Betsy vs SHS this past w eek. Im sure the weather sucked at some point there too and im pretty sure most betsy fans knew that wouldnt be much of a game. we have to remember that not EVERYONE is as fanatical about football as us and you DID also say that your fans travel well, so be proud of that. It's possible that alot of fans were saving their money for round 2. we also have to remember that in this region a lot of people are struggling to make ends meet and must decide carefully how and where to spend their "entertainment" dollar. I imagine a family of 4 or more would spend a decent amount of cash to attend a playoff game. Dont ticket prices go up  a couple bucks for playoff games? Didnt intend to type a novel here, I just wanted to share my thoughts on the subject, because like you, I sometimes get frustrated at our fans for not being as loud as i think they should. Just a few thougts from a single parent with minimal funds to work with 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

great great intro....i enjoyed seeing it first had last year when the Greene Devils travelled to AC and struggled to squeek out a narrow victory over the mavericks.....hehehe..but seriously though, that is probably the best high school entrance you will see around here. Greeneville I'm sure has the financial backing and sponsorship to pull off something equally dazzling, they just choose to save their money for charter buses to cookeville.....( please forgive me you all, its not usually like me to be such a smarty pants, i guess watching devilman work his craft on here lately has proven to be a bad bad influence on me. Devilman, you should be ashamed for corrupting me like this )

Devilman has been known to have that type of influence. LOL :) But Thanks I have not found anywhere to have such an intro in Highschool football, I am sure somewhere there may be.

3 hours ago, BVDevil said:

well, lets examine this topic for a bit shall we. For one, there are usually more band members than football players, especially at schools like betsy and greeneville, so naturally there will be more band parents at the games than football parents. that leaves us with the fan that has no ties to the band OR the team players. They are in most cases there to see either both or just the Football game. Before three years ago, I was the typical parent that went for the football game. Then my daughter started high school and decided she wanted to try color guard. She did and loves it so there for I have been given the chance to see a whole different side of this issue. If i were not making Greeneville videos and  had zero interest in football what so ever, i promise you i would go to every game her band was at and i have seen her perform atlelast 2 times every year shes been there and i fully support their band and am a small donor to their cause. So i totally understand why some people go to the games and leave after the band plays. I also understand why alot of people didnt pack the house for Betsy vs SHS this past w eek. Im sure the weather sucked at some point there too and im pretty sure most betsy fans knew that wouldnt be much of a game. we have to remember that not EVERYONE is as fanatical about football as us and you DID also say that your fans travel well, so be proud of that. It's possible that alot of fans were saving their money for round 2. we also have to remember that in this region a lot of people are struggling to make ends meet and must decide carefully how and where to spend their "entertainment" dollar. I imagine a family of 4 or more would spend a decent amount of cash to attend a playoff game. Dont ticket prices go up  a couple bucks for playoff games? Didnt intend to type a novel here, I just wanted to share my thoughts on the subject, because like you, I sometimes get frustrated at our fans for not being as loud as i think they should. Just a few thougts from a single parent with minimal funds to work with 

Well said. Go Cyclones!!!!

6 hours ago, BVDevil said:

Actually from what I've been told and understand the younger brother of the head coach has worked for the fireworks company Pyroshows since he was a teenager and 3 or 4 of the other coaches do shows and travel working for Pyroshows so the fireworks are donated and the younger brother designs and orchestrates the whole show. so they really spend next to nothing on all their fireworks. Pyroshows is in Campbell county and is the same company that was responsible for Booms day. Really to my knowledge they are the largest fireworks show on the eastern side of the United states. Campbell County High School also uses them for their fireworks.

Edited by haweanbula