1A-Rd.2: Hillcrest @ Dresden

HevyReturns

44 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

The teams that came out of Memphis this year were better than in years past. I believe they have hired some better coaches. Not meaning to hurt anyone’s feelings but Dresden was no where near what they were last year. That team comes along every 20 years maybe. Dresden schedule was pretty weak this year too 

In their defense...7A was well awful outside of Dresden and LC...both played tough non conference games! It’s special to win 27 games in 2 years...but I agree those groups only come around in 1A every decade or so! Just glad LC has several SPECIAL YEARS coming! 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted I'm way out of the loop but I'll throw my two cents worth in. Dresden had a game plan to run the ball all night and stuck with that plan. Hillcrest has 3 lineman that are 270 to 295 and fast linebackers. Running game got blown up. Our line couldn't handle their size and if we tried to go outside the linebackers met our kids there. Maybe someone in Dresden can answer why we didn't use Crawford at QB and just dump passes in the flats to Yates or Jones? Think our young team (and coaching staff) can learn a lot from this loss. Was hoping to get rematch with LC but I expect next year will be another 1-2 finish in our region with LC. Who is #1 I have no idea? Congrats to Dresden's seniors and thank you for a great 4 years. 

Pulling for Lake County the rest of the way!!!!

Edited by ysoangry

9 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Hillcrest won't lose

Hillcrest will lose this game. Westwood is the best 1a team in Memphis.  Westwood was well coached and very athletic.  Hillcrest is also well coached but not as athletic as Westwood.  LC will find a way to win the game. Hillcrest offense struggles to score points. The Vikings will have to score at least 28 to win and imo they will not be able to accomplish that. If they do I will be back to eat my crow. 

4 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Hillcrest will lose this game. Westwood is the best 1a team in Memphis.  Westwood was well coached and very athletic.  Hillcrest is also well coached but not as athletic as Westwood.  LC will find a way to win the game. Hillcrest offense struggles to score points. The Vikings will have to score at least 28 to win and imo they will not be able to accomplish that. If they do I will be back to eat my crow. 

You will have a big bowl of crow 

2 hours ago, HavenPride said:

I don’t know . But Hillcrest is going to avenge Westwood . 

#Region8 !!!!!!

You do realize Jack and The Beanstalk and Wizard of Oz aren't real. But I guess its ok to dream or have hallicunations .Maybe ,You have a Genie and have used up all 3 of your wishes and are hoping for just one more.

Edited by mrbigster