Waverly hosts Lewis County rd2

rednecktiger31

32 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

If UC or A'ville or Peabody are slow it down defensive type teams Waverly will have their hands full. If those 3 try to shoot it out with Wavelry they will lose. Even Fairview lost eventually. If Wavelry loses it will be a 28-24 type game where they are out of rhythm a lot. Not sayng it will happen, but if they did lose thats how it would go down.   

Uc can't defend well against the pass I seen that first hand still a very good team tho. Adamsville can stop a running team I seen that first hand. Peabody can stop a running team I seen that also. You can try to stir the pot between me and r7 but that dog won't hunt. Still lots of football before even thinking about that game. 

3 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

If UC or A'ville or Peabody are slow it down defensive type teams Waverly will have their hands full. If those 3 try to shoot it out with Wavelry they will lose. Even Fairview lost eventually. If Wavelry loses it will be a 28-24 type game where they are out of rhythm a lot. Not sayng it will happen, but if they did lose thats how it would go down.   

All 3 teams have multiple Running backs that can mix up the quick edge back and the ground and pound!We all 3 can dominate a whole quarter in one drive,that being said look on our pages at Max P look at #4 Dickson,it's the playoff our sophomore 220 lb back is look for people to hit right now!!!!With UC you get a full back that can crack 4 yards on just about every down!PHS and Tha VILLE have a beast running game and a short pass game in go routes screens or shorts out to the flats that are basically a detention of the running game!!!!No matter who from my region face Waverly in the Semis that's the legit championship game game right there!Sorry to puss folks off but.it is what it is!!!!ROLL GOLDEN TIDE!If my TIDE FALLS THE Go A VILLE ,IF.THEY FALL it's TWISTER TIME FOR.THE TORNADOES!!!This region won't be denied!!!!

3 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

All 3 teams have multiple Running backs that can mix up the quick edge back and the ground and pound!We all 3 can dominate a whole quarter in one drive,that being said look on our pages at Max P look at #4 Dickson,it's the playoff our sophomore 220 lb back is look for people to hit right now!!!!With UC you get a full back that can crack 4 yards on just about every down!PHS and Tha VILLE have a beast running game and a short pass game in go routes screens or shorts out to the flats that are basically a detention of the running game!!!!No matter who from my region face Waverly in the Semis that's the legit championship game game right there!Sorry to puss folks off but.it is what it is!!!!ROLL GOLDEN TIDE!If my TIDE FALLS THE Go A VILLE ,IF.THEY FALL it's TWISTER TIME FOR.THE TORNADOES!!!This region won't be denied!!!!

Peabodypride What he was wanting was for me to how I think Waverly won't be stopped by r7 and it's just not the right time and place for that debate.  General is a giant SPOON!! We at Waverly know how good R7 is bud.

7 hours ago, peabodypride said:

Thanks for the semi compliment "I THINK IT WAS A COMPLIMENT" But not sure what lesson we learned besides The Rebs beat us!? I would say every team every week either grows or looses !That being said you don't want any part of U.C. either they will hold the ball and hit you for 4 yards every down when healthy!!! Hard for your offense ,which is stellar to score from the sideline ,while watching the Tornado meat grinder claim another high powered victim!! GL and no injuries to Waverlys players!!

I think that if the Waverly coaching staff doesn't "sell out" to try and stuff Union City on every down and sub's in to keep the 'D fresh that it won't matter. 3 plays or 30, scoring a better percentage of times your offense has the ball usually wins this type of game. Unless one team or the other has one of those 5 turnovers type games, this hypothetical matchup should be close for a while at least, but I think Wavo's defense stops UC more than the Tornado's 'D stops the Tigers. Waverly can score on any snap, and usually do pretty quickly...UC usually takes several plays to score, and each play also has the potential to go wrong. The Tornado's get 3-4 yards very effectively, but one muffed handoff, tackle for loss, sack, or penalty makes it harder for them to keep the ball away from the scoring machine that Wavo has. Also, a couple of turnovers and one team gets 2+ scores behind...puts more pressure on Waverly to score, but not nearly as much as Union City...Waverly isn't a stranger to putting up points in bunches.

Just for kicks anyway...may very well happen, but I think the odds say that this game doesn't take place.

48 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Peabodypride What he was wanting was for me to how I think Waverly won't be stopped by r7 and it's just not the right time and place for that debate.  General is a giant SPOON!! We at Waverly know how good R7 is bud.

I know and we respect the heck out of y'all!!!

Edited by peabodypride

44 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I think that if the Waverly coaching staff doesn't "sell out" to try and stuff Union City on every down and sub's in to keep the 'D fresh that it won't matter. 3 plays or 30, scoring a better percentage of times your offense has the ball usually wins this type of game. Unless one team or the other has one of those 5 turnovers type games, this hypothetical matchup should be close for a while at least, but I think Wavo's defense stops UC more than the Tornado's 'D stops the Tigers. Waverly can score on any snap, and usually do pretty quickly...UC usually takes several plays to score, and each play also has the potential to go wrong. The Tornado's get 3-4 yards very effectively, but one muffed handoff, tackle for loss, sack, or penalty makes it harder for them to keep the ball away from the scoring machine that Wavo has. Also, a couple of turnovers and one team gets 2+ scores behind...puts more pressure on Waverly to score, but not nearly as much as Union City...Waverly isn't a stranger to putting up points in bunches.

Just for kicks anyway...may very well happen, but I think the odds say that this game doesn't take place.

Well put sir!I think we will see a matchup that most don't expect in the Semis!!!

On 11/7/2017 at 11:33 AM, Croppygenius said:

Rude! You confuse rudeness with honesty. I played on that field in the late 60's. Bet those visitors bleachers were there then. If we can raise a million bucks for a field surely y'all can add decent bleachers. Do you not have any community support? I tried to help by eating that fine catfish dinner y'all served. Y'all can do better!  

Ya'll didn't raise jack. They are not even close to having raised enough paying for that field yet.Huntingdon always putting the horse before the cart. Don't be surprised if they come by in a year or two and roll that field up and file a lawsuit against your QB Club. I know this to be a fact bub

On 11/7/2017 at 8:52 PM, Swarm said:

Two of our old region mates going at it. I hate to see either one of you break out the basketballs this soon. I haven't seen the Panther kittens play this year but i know that the tbe Tiggers are for real!  They can light that scoreboard up as good as their basketball team. I won't underestimate Lewis County though. This one could have some Waverly fans spooked near the end. I remember 2014 when Waverly was supposed to smack them and got shocked! ::o

Best wishes for both teams to leave it all on the field, display good sportsmanship, and still be healthy when the game is done! 

I might drop back in to make a prediction on game day. 

Waverly Basketball isnt even good any more. The football team out scores them TBH

• Like 1