Region 1 all four teams lost-this must have been the weakest conference in 5A.

EASTFAN

This is plan embarrassing that this conference couldn’t win at least one playoff game. I have been after some coaching changes at Morristown East for the past few years, but it looks like the whole region needs some changes as well. I can speak about Morristown East problems, because I see the same issues every week. Very soft up-front on both sides of the lines, and we still haven’t learned how to tackle. East’s gets pushed around up-front because there is no commitment to offseason workouts.

What do you guys think the problem is with this conference? Is it the spread offensive or just bad defense? We have enough talent in this conference to complete better than we did tonight. This has been a really long season for sure.

Science Hill and DB are 6A. DB has had a good program for as long as I can remember. SH made a coaching change about 7-8 yrs ago that has really paid off. They finally made a commitment to the football program, brought in a good HC and built new facilities. The program has done a complete turnaround since then.

Edited by WBNC83

A year is a long time, weights are important but greeneville Is your model. They live in the weight room but remember weights never fight back. You do what you can do with a balanced bar. The Devils are loaded with all state athletes from track, soccer, wrestling, baseball and basketball. They are all round athletes who know victory and fight from other sports. Yes they lift, it makes you stronger but not Necessarily a better athlete. Ps they are relatively a small  school that is successful in all TSSAA sports

Edited by noonesfool

Boone just generally does not have the athletes across the board to make a playoff run.    Some of it is just genetic but you also have to look at the off season strength/conditioning, or more precisely the lack thereof.      The next 2-3 years for Boone are going to be 5-5 at best with what we have returning and upcoming.      I agree with one of the guys above, Greeneville's guys are just way more serious about football year-round and it shows on the field.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Boone just generally does not have the athletes across the board to make a playoff run.    Some of it is just genetic but you also have to look at the off season strength/conditioning, or more precisely the lack thereof.      The next 2-3 years for Boone are going to be 5-5 at best with what we have returning and upcoming.      I agree with one of the guys above, Greeneville's guys are just way more serious about football year-round and it shows on the field.

predictable offense was a killer for Boone last night. It was qb draw after qb draw. that fools no one. 

13 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

predictable offense was a killer for Boone last night. It was qb draw after qb draw. that fools no one. 

Boone is ALWAYS predictable, its just that against weaker competition it doesn't matter.    But yeah we got exposed last night.     The other thing is that Central made actual adjustments at halftime and Boone..... well I don't know what they did at halftime but the guys came back onto the field with their heads down, shifting instead of walking....  the body language said it all and it went downhill from there.

On 11/3/2017 at 11:11 PM, EASTFAN said:

This is plan embarrassing that this conference couldn’t win at least one playoff game. I have been after some coaching changes at Morristown East for the past few years, but it looks like the whole region needs some changes as well. I can speak about Morristown East problems, because I see the same issues every week. Very soft up-front on both sides of the lines, and we still haven’t learned how to tackle. East’s gets pushed around up-front because there is no commitment to offseason workouts.

What do you guys think the problem is with this conference? Is it the spread offensive or just bad defense? We have enough talent in this conference to complete better than we did tonight. This has been a really long season for sure.

How about soft players who can’t compete when it counts? You blame everything on the coaches.  How about blaming the kids every so often for not getting the job done.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Boone is ALWAYS predictable, its just that against weaker competition it doesn't matter.    But yeah we got exposed last night.     The other thing is that Central made actual adjustments at halftime and Boone..... well I don't know what they did at halftime but the guys came back onto the field with their heads down, shifting instead of walking....  the body language said it all and it went downhill from there.

If you don’t throw the ball, you have to dominate up front, when you get dominated up front, you have to throw them to back them off.  When neither happen, you are screwed.

pleased we finally won a conference championships but disappointed we just layed down region wide.

22 hours ago, formerblazer said:

How about soft players who can’t compete when it counts? You blame everything on the coaches.  How about blaming the kids every so often for not getting the job done.

I just have a hard time blaming 14 through 18 years old players. when they are only doing what the coaches tell them. Back when I played in high school and college, we would do tackling drills it until we got it right. The coaches would beat that softness out of you or you wouldn’t play. My main point is it starts at the top, if you have bad coaching the kids have no chances.

Edited by EASTFAN