Tornadoes host Douglass R#2

fallguy17

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, kwc said:

Douglass, or any other City of Memphis 1A team, is going to have to stop the run to beat these teams. Plain and simple. Consistemtly. It can be done. They are going to have to learn how though. This game should serve as a learning tool for the future for Douglass. If they can compete with Southwind. They can compete with Union City.

They barely beat us. And we turned the ball over on the 5 and 10 yard line and should have scored. So if u want use southwind as a measuring stick. Then this is mine UC destroyed us. I will say UC has trouble defending the pass so you never know. Just don’t think Douglass is ready for this next level. 

7 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

They barely beat us. And we turned the ball over on the 5 and 10 yard line and should have scored. So if u want use southwind as a measuring stick. Then this is mine UC destroyed us. I will say UC has trouble defending the pass so you never know. Just don’t think Douglass is ready for this next level. 

This guy is a straight shooter,and has seen both teams!Understand this BigEdMo doesn't speak out of the side of his mouth!If he says Douglas isn't ready then put it in the bank,lock it up and count it as gold!Or as a GOLDEN Tornado W

1 hour ago, kwc said:

His name is Jok Nebk. According to the Shelby Metro Sports Blog Website, on the individual stats page, he's completed 86 passes and thrown for 1499 yds on the season with 14 passing TDs. I don't know his classification. He's not listed on either HUDL or MaxP reps.

Thanks for that link...

28 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Oh, I don't think they are ready this year. That's why I said that "they are going to have to learn how". My Southwind comment means that they have the athletic capability right now ... but they don't have the 'know how'. That takes time to develop. This is the learning stage. This is where they learn how high of a level that they need to rise to. As long as they progress each year ... get better and better. The coaches have to learn and it will translate to the players. They aren't ready this year ... but you have to be in it to see the next level. They are in the beginning stages. They've learned and experienced winning a 1st round game.  Let's see how they compete in Round 2.

Edited by kwc

10 minutes ago, kwc said:

Oh, I don't think they are ready this year. That's why I said that "they are going to have to learn how". My Southwind comment means that they have the athletic capability right now ... but they don't have the 'know how'. That takes time to develop. This is the learning stage. This is where they learn how high of a level that they need to rise to. As long as they progress each year ... get better and better. The coaches have to learn and it will translate to the players. They aren't ready this year ... but you have to be in it to see the next level. They are in the beginning stages. They've learned and experienced winning a 1st round game.  Let's see how they compete in Round 2.

I agree. But that’s the way it is for any team. 

18 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

I agree. But that’s the way it is for any team. 

On occassion, you have a team that goes from a losing culture to deep advancement into the playoffs, but generally speaking, yeah, most have to learn it if they have never been there before.