Webb at CPA (Quarterfinals)

Spartan4Life

Webb could not get a space advantage, CPA's Patterson (got hurt) and McCormick dominated the field. Edge rush was good, middle was stacked up.  Patterson, McCormick were the best on the field. Noah Henderson jr.WR for CPA had more speed and hands and size than any of the Webb kids. It was run clock by the end of the first half. Webb only scored late against second and third teamers  playing because of injury. If Kane Patterson is not Mr. Football then the award is rigged. The junior class at CPA is almost everything that makes this year great. However, Kane and Noah both got hurt and that will change the whole outlook if they are not on the field for the Shams. Webb speed was matched by CPA is the direct answer to the question. More pressure from CPA and their speed is in bigger package. Noah Henderson had speed and size and hands and looked like the most D1 likely WR on the field. LOS is back to traditional CPA size and dominance.

CPA will only graduate 112 in the senior class which is coed, but their system is in place and enthusiasm for the game is prevalent. Best team at the school is undefeated all time 6th graders. Webb dressed 34 kids in pads last night. CPA put 68 in pads plus injured. CPA in purple looks big and organized. I think 
if healthy it could be a BGA v CPA repeat. FRA was up 21-7 on Lausanne, for awhile got that down to 21-13 by half and then won out. CPA had them mercy ruled at FRA in the first half.  Key to CPA season is still whether Kane Patterson can play at his level the rest of the way.

13 minutes ago, Rastus said:

Webb could not get a space advantage, CPA's Patterson (got hurt) and McCormick dominated the field. Edge rush was good, middle was stacked up.  Patterson, McCormick were the best on the field. Noah Henderson jr.WR for CPA had more speed and hands and size than any of the Webb kids. It was run clock by the end of the first half. Webb only scored late against second and third teamers  playing because of injury. If Kane Patterson is not Mr. Football then the award is rigged. The junior class at CPA is almost everything that makes this year great. However, Kane and Noah both got hurt and that will change the whole outlook if they are not on the field for the Shams. Webb speed was matched by CPA is the direct answer to the question. More pressure from CPA and their speed is in bigger package. Noah Henderson had speed and size and hands and looked like the most D1 likely WR on the field. LOS is back to traditional CPA size and dominance.

CPA will only graduate 112 in the senior class which is coed, but their system is in place and enthusiasm for the game is prevalent. Best team at the school is undefeated all time 6th graders. Webb dressed 34 kids in pads last night. CPA put 68 in pads plus injured. CPA in purple looks big and organized. I think 
if healthy it could be a BGA v CPA repeat. FRA was up 21-7 on Lausanne, for awhile got that down to 21-13 by half and then won out. CPA had them mercy ruled at FRA in the first half.  Key to CPA season is still whether Kane Patterson can play at his level the rest of the way.

Very good analysis from what I saw watching on the web last night.  I've seen CPA play twice this year and ND three times now. From what I've seen of these two teams, ND will have its hands full, even if Patterson doesn't play.

3 hours ago, Rastus said:

Most 2nds were not playing defense because of an injury, that’s how we play. The coaching staff does not want to run up the score and like to play as many as they can.  You’ll see the same with every D2 AA team CPA has played thus far.

If Kane cannot play, don’t underestimate a team motivated by their leader being injured via a cheap cut block.  Half of CPA’s 42 was scored after the injury and it would have still been a shutout if that really mattered to CPA.

Kudos to Ernst, he seemed upset that Kane was injured. 

Edited by bcd

First and foremost CPA has some really nice folks over there. I really enjoyed talking with them before the game. The food was pretty good too! 

CPA has a very good team and I think will win the state championship this year. 

Webb only had one advantage going in against CPA and that was speed. The muddy field nuetralized that. Our backs were slipping and sliding all night. It was the first game Webb has played on grass all year and the muddy field definatly hurt the spartans. In my opinion if this game was played on turf The game would have been something like 42-21 CPA. I counted four or five times were a Howard or Jefferson cut to daylight aka open field and just slipped before they could get off to the races. Even though we would have had a couple more explosive plays/scores, we still woudnt have been able to stop CPA defensively. Just took big and deep up front.   

I disgree with an earlier poster on CPA stopped trying to score. They were throwing the ball late in the fourth with all their starters in and that's actually what led to their last touchdown and #25 getting hurt. I don't understand the thought behind continuing to throw and play starters on a muddy field with the game in hand. Hopefully it doesn't cost CPA one of their best players moving forward. Howard's TD run was not agains the 2's. It was just the fist time he didn't slip when cutting and got to show his world class speed.

I hate that Patterson got hurt early. I feel the mud lead to an awkward slip after being hit but I could be wrong. CPA's coach was yelling at the Webb sideline about something to do with the play but I didn't see anything dirty. I'm suprised their wernt more injuries with the conditions of the field. I was suprised CPA didn't have turf. It seems like just about every private has it now.

Bottom line is CPA is really good. We also played terrible, dropped multiple catchable passes and the muddy field really hurt our biggest strength, speed and agility. Good luck to CPA. I think if they have everyone they will go to state and probably win. If #25 and #4 are out it could make it interesting. 

8 hours ago, Rastus said:

Sorry man but if you're saying CPA has a kid as fast as a heathy Howard from Webb your own coaches disagree. They knew going into this season stopping a healthy Howard would be difficult with his speed. Ask Ingle what he thinks if you don't believe me.

With that being said both Webb and CPA should be playing D2AAA with their enrollment numbers. I'm a big CPA supporter but even I can objectively see where they should be.

Edited by Playerscoach

Satans shack has frozen over.......the second time Booger can ever member Player sayin sumthin that Booger could stamp yes

it was that shady deal cuttin at the Pink Pony Pub Electric Slide Happy Hour down in Gulf Shores when they got put up in that Booster condo that done it.......not so sure bout CPA numbers; thinkin they just really do sum things very well....but you bet Haslams House's HC and Lipscombs AD were lookin after uno uno when that BoC were bouncing ping pong balls........that 450 cutoff change has sum real shady stuff all round it

Webb reported 449, CPA reported 449......and St Elmo Christian report 8 over and still got to stay down

Booger just sayin unicorn1.gif?itok=ajWPF8fA

Watch the film on how 4 was hurt and you’ll see why Ingle was yelling

The first string D was not in when Howard scored, not that it matters, some starters were, maybe that’s the confusion 

CPA was more interested in letting the running clock run than scoring in the second,  but at the same time there were a lot of starters in on that last drive.  Gearing up to play a whole game I assume. 

7 minutes ago, bcd said:

Watch the film on how 4 was hurt and you’ll see why Ingle was yelling

The first string D was not in when Howard scored, not that it matters, some starters were, maybe that’s the confusion 

CPA was more interested in letting the running clock run than scoring in the second,  but at the same time there were a lot of starters in on that last drive.  Gearing up to play a whole game I assume. 

Sparty always got reasons as to why not.....you gonna tell him that field was turf and not grass....or is Booger 

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: