Austin East vs Johnson County

Horn1

Just now, Throwdeslant said:

Lol! :thumb:

AE must be pretty even with alcoa or a least they believe they are by the way they have been talking.   Not sure if alcoa is quite as good as years past.  U fans may be blowing smore about  this team.  This Friday will tell the tale.

9 hours ago, Horn1 said:

AE must be pretty even with alcoa or a least they believe they are by the way they have been talking.   Not sure if alcoa is quite as good as years past.  U fans may be blowing smore about  this team.  This Friday will tell the tale.

Does that mean they are having SMORES at the concession stand?    Now that's a game I could get into...

On 11/12/2017 at 3:38 PM, Throwdeslant said:

Good luck with basketball season. Alcoa should be pretty good next year as well. Not sure about the gap closing. I think if JC was in Region 2 this year, they might have been a 4th place team, maybe 3rd. However, I would have taken Kingston over JC. So, I’ll go with 4th. That’s pretty good tho!! 

On 11/13/2017 at 2:44 AM, orngnblk said:

Tell me about this Cloudland team that spanked region 2???What year?Maybe 15 years ago??GB hasnt lost to them nor has Coalbucket.

Hampton in 05,06,07 and 15 we're pretty good Cloudland only beat Midway in 05 and 2012 and then last year they beat Harriman that's the only region 2 teams they can say they've beaten in the past 14 years.

And unless horn1 has got him a set of braces that would be the only Gap that would be closing,as far as region 1 and 2 is concerned NOT!

Fellers, can't compare most programs to reg-1 programs in 1 thru 3A....JC has one high school, Carter Co has five but neither cycle athletically loaded teams year after year....Much of the reason is due to the fact that transfers rarely happen...In Carter Co, in 1A/2A, boys stay in the communities they and their families were raised in with a great dislike for all the others....They ain't transferring anywhere! 

It's about a 5 to 7 year cycle around here....Hampton in 06, 07, 14, and 15 were a lot better than pretty good OnB...Problem was we were and always will be one injury away from being sub-par....That's what happened to us in both 14 and 15.

It appears to me we'll be at a high level again in 2019 & 2020 unless the injury bug bites us. It's just the way it is....

Now if you want to talk basketball, well that's a different animal

2 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Fellers, can't compare most programs to reg-1 programs in 1 thru 3A....JC has one high school, Carter Co has five but neither cycle athletically loaded teams year after year....Much of the reason is due to the fact that transfers rarely happen...In Carter Co, in 1A/2A, boys stay in the communities they and their families were raised in with a great dislike for all the others....They ain't transferring anywhere! 

It's about a 5 to 7 year cycle around here....Hampton in 06, 07, 14, and 15 were a lot better than pretty good OnB...Problem was we were and always will be one injury away from being sub-par....That's what happened to us in both 14 and 15.

It appears to me we'll be at a high level again in 2019 & 2020 unless the injury bug bites us. It's just the way it is....

Now if you want to talk basketball, well that's a different animal

Well i say pretty good like my GB team last 2 years and this also.We are (were) pretty good not great,great teams win Gold pretty good teams contend.No disrespect my friend.The Cloudland comment kinda got me going.I would love to see them back and after next season they could be the new semi finalists we will be DOWN!

5 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Well i say pretty good like my GB team last 2 years and this also.We are (were) pretty good not great,great teams win Gold pretty good teams contend.No disrespect my friend.The Cloudland comment kinda got me going.I would love to see them back and after next season they could be the new semi finalists we will be DOWN!

I'd say MC was a great program when we played them and GB...Winning gold depends on a lot of things and the best "teams" don't always win...Some times the programs that win gold balls are not "teams" anyways...They operate more like the Yankees or Lakers or Louisville  LOL...Never any disrespect taken pal