Fraud or For Real?

hollowman

Bear with me (pun intended for MJGB/GB69) -  No disrespect to the fine folks of MJ.  

After looking at 10-0 teams going into the 1st round, 6A through 1A, it was obvious that MJ stood out the most.  I believe that they were the ONLY 10-0 team that didn't make it into the 2nd round.  MJ was outmatched in every aspect of the game.  It can be attributed to several factors, but I personally think it was because of scheduled non-region opponent games.  With that being said, there's not a whole lot Team B can do when Team A has 3 kids to your one that are comparable.   Coach from Team B is proud of his 6'4'' 270lb lineman that runs a 4.9 and a couple of skill players that are sub 4.5 range, and he should be proud.  Knowing that you have a shot at making a run in the playoffs is good.  You should also know that those teams you'll be matched up with will also have those kids that you are so proud of as well.   Why not schedule a couple of non-region games with a team that has three 6'4'' 270lb linemen that are 4.9 kids and half a dozen skill players that are sub 4.5 kids?  I call EGO on coaches that schedule teams that are "for sure wins".  Every team needs to schedule that ONE game.  We call it Homecoming.   What can be done is perhaps scheduling some bruisers that are going to be explosive, quick, fast, and physical.  Does it change the fact that your team won't field as many athletes as your opponent?  No, but what it does do, is it gives your kids a sense of what to expect post season.  It gets them game speed ready under the lights, on a Friday night.  It gives your less athletic kids an insight to what kind of adjustments (angles, leverage, body position) he needs to make.  Typically after the round 2, the teams you'll encounter are there because they're pretty good.  In this case, it happened to MJ in the 1st round.   

Those still in...

6A 

Oakland - For real.

Germantown - ? I don't know enough about 'em.

5A

Beech - For real.

4A

Greeneville - ? I don't know enough about 'em

Anderson Co. - ? 

White House - ?

3A

Johnson Co. - ?

Raleigh Egypt - ?

Not really concerned about 2A & 1A.

From the list of undefeated teams, who's for real, and who's a fraud?

4A  Anderson County & White House SOS are among the worst in their class. It will hurt them in the later rounds. 

Anderson County is hard to judge. They put up a ton of points but their D was suspect in round 1. Teams like Elizabethton and Greeneville will expose them.

I think Germantown is for real, but I'll defer to the Henry County and Whitehaven faithful for the final verdict. Good chance we'll see a Whitehaven-Germantown rematch.

We're going to find out this week if Anderson County is for real. They are talented, but they played absolutely no one this season. That certainly showed against Grainger. Wouldn't be surprised if Elizabethton beat them this Friday.

Johnson County is definitely a pretender. Great story, but I doubt they will get past AE.

14 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

4A  Anderson County & White House SOS are among the worst in their class. It will hurt them in the later rounds. 

Anderson County is hard to judge. They put up a ton of points but their D was suspect in round 1. Teams like Elizabethton and Greeneville will expose them.

In 4 more day we will find out if Anderson County is for real.

4 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

In 4 more day we will find out if Anderson County is for real.

Don' get me wrong, I think AC has a great group of hard working kids but your schedule is not great. I hope y'll prove us wrong. 11-0 is nothing to laugh at. Super impressed by your runningback and quarterback though!

Edited by leadfarmer

2 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Don' get me wrong, I think AC has a great group of hard working kids but your schedule is not great. I hope y'll prove us wrong. 11-0 is nothing to laugh at. Super impressed by your runningback and quarterback though!

Well said. I've been getting dogged for weeks for not giving AC enough credit, but your thoughts mirror mine.