D2 AA Upset Alert

BreadTruck28

BGA may be good, but they will not win at Lausanne unless they are awesome. Lots and lots of factors at Lausanne in addition to their players who are really really good.  Lausanne will negate any pass rush with speed from the RB and the QB.  Are BGAs LBs good? I understand BGAs DBs are good, but unless Lausanne hurts themselves with penalties (won't get called remember its at Lausanne) and really it's just turnovers, they win by 10.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BGA Lbs aren't great probably weakest part of the D. The other issue might be youth as they only start 2 Sr on D. Fortunately none of our lineman start both ways so they hopefully won't get too worn out. If BGA gets down early and Lausanne can just pound the ball BGA will be in trouble.

Lausanne offensive analysis:

1. Lausanne cannot throw a forward pass

2. Lausanne doesn't have to throw a forward pass

LCS has a ton of speed in the secondary but not necessarily the tightest coverage. BGA will move the ball well. I suspect this will be a decent matchup and a fairly high scoring affair, but Lausanne will have to make some mistakes for BGA to win. 

Side note: Lausanne is a pitiful visitor experience. Parking is a nightmare. Be ready to walk half a mile even if you take the shuttle. They have 3 row risers and visitor seats for maybe 100, of which 60 are directly behind your players and you can't see over them.

2 hours ago, bmorris said:

Lausanne offensive analysis:

1. Lausanne cannot throw a forward pass

2. Lausanne doesn't have to throw a forward pass

LCS has a ton of speed in the secondary but not necessarily the tightest coverage. BGA will move the ball well. I suspect this will be a decent matchup and a fairly high scoring affair, but Lausanne will have to make some mistakes for BGA to win. 

Side note: Lausanne is a pitiful visitor experience. Parking is a nightmare. Be ready to walk half a mile even if you take the shuttle. They have 3 row risers and visitor seats for maybe 100, of which 60 are directly behind your players and you can't see over them.

Yes, agreed. BGA will be able to throw the ball on Lausanne. Lausanne's coverage is boom or bust. Lausanne has a big home field advantage -- turf, stands, refs (it's Memphis), logistics, lighting, etc., etc.

The other thing that helps BGA is that Lausanne doesn't control the ball or clock on offense. Their O is three and out, three and out, 80 yard TD, three and out, 70 yard TD, etc., etc.

Lausanne has two players who are a threat to score from anywhere every time they touch the ball. That's so big as the fourth quarter hits, fatigue sets in, and reads and legs get a little slower.

This should be a great game.

6 hours ago, Kublah said:

Yes, agreed. BGA will be able to throw the ball on Lausanne. Lausanne's coverage is boom or bust. Lausanne has a big home field advantage -- turf, stands, refs (it's Memphis), logistics, lighting, etc., etc.

The other thing that helps BGA is that Lausanne doesn't control the ball or clock on offense. Their O is three and out, three and out, 80 yard TD, three and out, 70 yard TD, etc., etc.

Lausanne has two players who are a threat to score from anywhere every time they touch the ball. That's so big as the fourth quarter hits, fatigue sets in, and reads and legs get a little slower.

This should be a great game.

doubt memphis refs will be callin it

at least their over off the 3 oclock side of the loop.....them BGA folks can make a postive experience outta this if they run down the street to commissary for sum of memhis best pig.....and run over to the other side of town and get them a Elvis ashtray

Booger just sayin ;)

Edited by Booger

9 minutes ago, chainsaw2 said:

Best thing BGA could do is what KWC suggested a couple of weeks ago.  Get there early and take over the home stands!  It's the only way they will be able to see the game and not get run over on the sidelines. 

u seat that Hillary down in sum co-opin moms quilt space and u gonna end havin to go all booger on sumbody

Booger just sayin friday-three-stooges-curly-howard-588761

Lots of things to talk about here let’s see if I can hit everything. 

1. I wouldn’t say that Lausanne is unable to throw a forward pass now that their starting QB has returned, they just don’t do it extremely often because they have one of the best backs in the country next to him in the back field. 

2. Their lack of ability to control the ball has been a concern all year. It’s definitely something that I can see coming back to bite them in a crucial moment. 

3. Refs will not be from Memphis, that’s the way the playoffs work so that shouldn’t be an issue.

4. As far as the visitor experience goes, I completely understand the frustration, but as I have said previously there is nothing the school can do about the issue currently. Annoying? Absolutely. I do know that when the sheriffs were called over, the refs are the ones who requested them, it was not the school. 

5. Lausanne no longer co-ops so you shouldn’t have to worry about taking anyone co-op parent’s spot in the bleachers. 

6. Would definitely suggest the commissary for anyone wanting to grab some BBQ before the game. Though, you really can’t go wrong with any of the local BBQ joints around town. 

they sure ant no pig in town more better enuff for them comin from east to drive south and west loop than that commisary......now Booger just might cunsider makin a run around to the Double J Saloon for that center cut pig steak and a sip...if Booger Mama would bite

when they quit co-opin Wilson....this year

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

20 minutes ago, Booger said:

they sure ant no pig in town more better enuff for them comin from east to drive south and west loop than that commisary......now Booger just might cunsider makin a run around to the Double J Saloon for that center cut pig steak and a sip...if Booger Mama would bite

when they quit co-opin Wilson....this year

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Yep. Some of the other schools round town here in Memphis were none too pleased that they had a co-op and went ahead and shut it down. Unfortunately for them, it didn’t affect any outcomes on their region games this year.