South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Boldin man again)

Roy Dillard

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I've got to quote this one again just because it's the most ludacris, crazy, ignorant, idiotic statement I've possibly ever seen on here. SP will do good to score 28 points in this game. Whitwell has a very good team that beats the tar out of everyone they play for the most part. Just an absolutely off the wall, stupid statement Howard. I will bet my lifetime subscription that doesn't happen. Better yet... if that happens from either side I will shut down my account. 

Don't care which team scores 28 just hoping one of them does so we can see if he sticks to his word and closes his account.

1 hour ago, delusional32 said:

Thanks  CaptainJackRackam ,pegleg ,and The Drunken Sailor for the info. I think me and a buddy will head on over the rock this friday to pull for a Marion County team that is not Jasper lol. Don't be mad to me but I am going to pull for the big cats to hook their claws in and shred the sails off that pirate ship to stop its momentum. Nothing against SP just pulling for the team that hasn't been to this point as often.  

Well in all honesty, I hope you leave South Pittsburg disappointed. Cheer for who you want, us SP fans are used to it. 

2 hours ago, delusional32 said:

Thanks  CaptainJackRackam ,pegleg ,and The Drunken Sailor for the info. I think me and a buddy will head on over the rock this friday to pull for a Marion County team that is not Jasper lol. Don't be mad to me but I am going to pull for the big cats to hook their claws in and shred the sails off that pirate ship to stop its momentum. Nothing against SP just pulling for the team that hasn't been to this point as often.  

Let me ask you a question. Has that McCurry man showed you Winchester fellars his art work abilities yet? Figure he is right good with the krylon. Just ask the jailhouse fellars.  You think im joking but im not. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I've got to quote this one again just because it's the most ludacris, crazy, ignorant, idiotic statement I've possibly ever seen on here. SP will do good to score 28 points in this game. Whitwell has a very good team that beats the tar out of everyone they play for the most part. Just an absolutely off the wall, stupid statement Howard. I will bet my lifetime subscription that doesn't happen. Better yet... if that happens from either side I will shut down my account. 

Sometimes I wonder whether bass is really a pirate fan or not because of some of the posts he makes questioning the abilities of this team. I’m not saying they’re gonna mercy rule whitwell either but I’m not gonna post where some players may read how he questions athletic ability, team speed, or whether they are capable of scoring a certain amount of points against an opponent. I hear people when they say “this isn’t the same old whitwell”, I get that. But I for one, and I may be the only one, like to believe that this IS the same ole South Pittsburg! By that I mean the South Pittsburg that is used to playing in these types of games, that relishes in the “playoff” environment,  that knows what it’s like to play well into November, and I believe that has to mean a lot going into this rematch. Round one was epic, and round two should be the same, but my money is on the Pirates, and if whitwell proves me wrong, my hat is off to them. Just know that if whitwell does pull out a victory this Friday, it will make their season, but for the pirates, it will just go down as a loss that kept them from a goal they set year after year, and that’s playing for a state championship. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SP123 said:

Sometimes I wonder whether bass is really a pirate fan or not because of some of the posts he makes questioning the abilities of this team. I’m not saying they’re gonna mercy rule whitwell either but I’m not gonna post where some players may read how he questions athletic ability, team speed, or whether they are capable of scoring a certain amount of points against an opponent. I hear people when they say “this isn’t the same old whitwell”, I get that. But I for one, and I may be the only one, like to believe that this IS the same ole South Pittsburg! By that I mean the South Pittsburg that is used to playing in these types of games, that relishes in the “playoff” environment,  that knows what it’s like to play well into November, and I believe that has to mean a lot going into this rematch. Round one was epic, and round two should be the same, but my money is on the Pirates, and if whitwell proves me wrong, my hat is off to them. Just know that if whitwell does pull out a victory this Friday, it will make their season, but for the pirates, it will just go down as a loss that kept them from a goal they set year after year, and that’s playing for a state championship. 

Sounds to me like Bass is a Bass fan.

For what it's worth....Whitwell for the season 525-63, with 5 shutouts, and 1 loss.  South Pittsburg 541-98, with 4 shutouts, and no losses.  Of note is that SP shut out their last two opponents.  Whitwell was scored on by their last two opponents.  

Neither team has played anyone better than each other.  Of note is that Whitwell beat Trousdale by only 3 points, whereas Jasper beat Trousdale by 18 points....and we beat Jasper by a bunch.

There's no doubt this game will boil down to who makes the fewest mistakes, who wants it most, and who coaches best.  At this point I'd say it's SP's to lose.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SP123 said:

Great posts and there are more that feel the same as you. Bass has become politically correct, he doesn't want to make anyone mad. Me I don't care. We play for the gold ball. That's our goal and this team is going to surprise some doubters friday

3 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Let me ask you a question. Has that McCurry man showed you Winchester fellars his art work abilities yet? Figure he is right good with the krylon. Just ask the jailhouse fellars.  You think im joking but im not. 

Yep the field house and stadium are 2nd to none after the face lift and FC had a 5-5 season, something we haven't seen in a few years. Thing of it is, the program is on the right track to becoming a successful program. Now, you think I'm joking, but I'm not.

4 hours ago, MikeHoncho said:

Don't care which team scores 28 just hoping one of them does so we can see if he sticks to his word and closes his account.

You must not have read it well. HowiePirate said it would be a mercy rule game. A mercy rule game would have to be 35 point margin or more. That's what I was saying won't happen.