Huntingdon at Cornersville

ZEBRA35

2 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Totally agree. Thats completely opposite to what Huntingdon has done all year

Coaches watch film for countless hours and get a game plan that they think is what will work against their next opponent. Huntingdons problem is when the game plan ain't working the coaches fail to adjust as the game goes, they ride it out. With all that said y'all were still an extra point away from playing on, I thought y'all had a really good kicker, did y'all miss many extra points this year, y'all kicked a bunch of them

Just now, ZEBRA35 said:

The biggest play I have an issue with is the play Huntingdon "fumbled" on in the 1st overtime after CV missed their fg. The line judge on Huntingdon side was clearly pointing that the runner was DOWN and without huddling together like a GOOD CREW should have done the white hat ruled it a fumble. If you have 2 different calls on a huge play like that the crew MUST get together 

I was right there. It was a fumble. Our LB laid the wood on the play. I couldn't tell who recovered it but did see the ball come loose. 

• Like 1

Cornersville was penalized 2x for false start penalties and yes they did get a late hit and chop block panalty. ZERO holding calls from a running team who ran 95% all game. Huntingdon on the other hand was flagged for holding NUMEROUS times every time they got into scoring range. I did not think the game was officiated well

3 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

The biggest play I have an issue with is the play Huntingdon "fumbled" on in the 1st overtime after CV missed their fg. The line judge on Huntingdon side was clearly pointing that the runner was DOWN and without huddling together like a GOOD CREW should have done the white hat ruled it a fumble. If you have 2 different calls on a huge play like that the crew MUST get together 

Thought it was a great call myself

2 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

Coaches watch film for countless hours and get a game plan that they think is what will work against their next opponent. Huntingdons problem is when the game plan ain't working the coaches fail to adjust as the game goes, they ride it out. With all that said y'all were still an extra point away from playing on, I thought y'all had a really good kicker, did y'all miss many extra points this year, y'all kicked a bunch of them

Wildcat you sure you aint from Huntingdon LOL Doesnt take much to figure us out does it?

1 minute ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Wildcat you sure you aint from Huntingdon LOL Doesnt take much to figure us out does it?

I was one of those that said all year that the gold was Huntingdons to win but still had my doubts that they would pull it off. But hats off to Cville, they were the one team all year that was good enough to capitalize on Huntingdons mistakes. Also, the Huntingdon team that put the beating on my Cats earlier this year would have hung 70 on Moore Co last week, that got me to thinking that HHS was running out of gas and losing focus, that untouchable syndrome

So Cornersville is mostly a running team?Can the QB throw pretty well? Not trying to crash this thread.Just from Huntingdon fans,curious about what they thought.Seemed to be a great game.Do they have a lot of speed,Big linemen?Was Huntingdon in scoring range very much and just didnt get it in or Cornersville just that good

Edited by mrbigster

Huntingdon Achilles heal this game was the passing game. It's where holding penalties came from most often, lots of dropped passes/broken up passes costing downs not moving the ball, along with other penalties at other times that stalled their drives putting first downs out of reach.... Ironically though, penalties also on the other hand helped Huntingdon control the clock, going both forward and backwards eating it up with time of possession keeping C-ville's offense off the field. Thus the low scoring game out of prodominately higher scoring teams.

11 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Cornersville was penalized 2x for false start penalties and yes they did get a late hit and chop block panalty. ZERO holding calls from a running team who ran 95% all game. Huntingdon on the other hand was flagged for holding NUMEROUS times every time they got into scoring range. I did not think the game was officiated well

They got a holding penalty because they were holding. That is what a holding penalty is for. 

2 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

So Cornersville is mostly a running team?Can the QB throw pretty well? Not trying to crash this thread.Just from Huntingdon fans,curious about what they thought.Seemed to be a great game.Do they have a lot of speed,Big linemen?Was Huntingdon in scoring range very much and just didnt get it in or Cornersville just that good

They can throw it around pretty good but won't if they don't have to. They run the ball very good and they wanted the clock to run. The only way to stop HHS was keep the offense on the sidelines