Da Haven

dannyq

1 hour ago, Wilddog said:

All credit needs to go to former East Coach Marcus Wimberly for developing this kid into a dynamic receiver! This kid was very raw when he showed up an the campus of East. Wimberly developed him into a beast! I see you guys posting all of these SEC commits on this site, but my question to you guys is, how many of these guys came into Whitehaven's program as freshman? Looks to me that most of these guys are transfers. You guys are all over the city stealing players where coaches at smaller schools took time to do it the right way and develop kids through hard work and then you guys come out of no where and get the kid to transfer their Junior/Senior year. Then to add on, you guys try to claim the success. FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!        

Keveon isn't the first to transfer into Whitehaven who is a stud. He probably won't be the last either. Devin Bodie came from Lausanne. Rayshad Williams and Chris Witherspoon off of last year's team came from Lausanne as sophomores. Rayshad is going to UCLA and Chris is going to Bethel. 

Bryson Eason, Martavious French, Coromantae Hamilton, Tamarion McDonald, Melvin McBride, Ariyon Paige are all current D1 prospects as student athletes that came into the program as freshman. To name a few, because there are more, but they aren't getting offers from major D1 programs, so i'm going to leave them out of this discussion. 

Whether those guys came into the program or not. It doesn't change the success of the program getting young men into college by way of scholarship. Last year's team had 13 guys get scholarships. Two out of that 13 got major D1. One was developed from his freshman year. The other from his junior year. The year before that it was 14 young men getting scholarships. The year before that it was 17. The majority of those schalarships were not the SEC types of schools, however, they were schalorships none the less. The bulk of those guys came into the program as freshman, but not all.

Tarique Barnes, class of 2019 OLB off of last year's East team has left East for Cordova this year. Following his old coach, coach Wimberly. Keveon chose to come to Whitehaven. Neither are at East anymore. However, if you think that coach Saulsberry doesn't work hard at getting his guys into school, then you've been focused on the wrong stuff. Yeah, there are some transfers. That is not the bulk of the players getting offers. Even the ones with offers from major D1 schools. Currently, they are two amoung the fifteen. Of the six with SEC type offers. two are transfers, the other four were here from their freshman year. 

But, I understand the animosity towards Whitehaven. You aren't the only one that feels that way. It comes with the territory. 

However, yes ... coach Wimberly has done a fantastic job with Keveon. He's one of the best coaches in Memphis ... in the entire state. The man is a great developer of talent. He is also a fantastic coach to boot. You don't luck up and win a state championship.

Edited by kwc

12 minutes ago, kwc said:

Keveon isn't the first to transfer into Whitehaven who is a stud. He probably won't be the last either. Devin Bodie came from Lausanne. Rayshad Williams and Chris Witherspoon off of last year's team came from Lausanne as sophomoresl. Rayshad is going to UCLA and Chris is going to Bethel. 

Bryson Eason, Martavious French, Coromantae Hamilton, Tamarion McDonald, Melvin McBride, Ariyon Paige are all current D1 prospects as student athletes that came into the program as freshman. To name a few, because there are more, but they aren't getting offers from major D1 programs, so i'm going to leave them out of this discussion. 

Whether those guys came into the program or not. It doesn't change the success of the program getting young men into college by way of scholarship. Last year's team had 13 guys get scholarships. Two out of that 13 got major D1. One was developed from his freshman year. The other from his junior year.

Tarique Barnes, class of 2019 OLB off of last year's East team has left East for Cordova this year. Following his old coach, coach Wimberly. Keveon chose to come to Whitehaven. Neither are at East anymore. However, if you think that coach Saulsberry doesn't work hard at getting his guys into school, then you've been focused on the wrong stuff. Yeah, there are some transfers. That is not the bulk of the players getting offers. Even the ones with offers from major D1 schools. Currently, they are two amoung the fifteen. Of the six with SEC type offers. two are transfers, the other four were here from their freshman year. 

But, I understand the animosity towards Whitehaven. You aren't the only one that feels that way. It comes with the territory. 

Lol... AP spent a lot of time at East before coming over to Whitehaven.  Actually, his first choice was East! He was also learned a lot from Wimberly. You guys even have your gophers bashing this man to get players and we all know he's a great coach!  I didn't say that Saulsbury doesn't work hard at getting his kids into school. I just would like to see more kids come there as freshman and be developed. If that's not happening, stop taking all of the credit for these kids and give there former coach some love!   What I am saying is Saulsbury has a lot of gophers out here like you who go all around the city bad talking other coaches who work there butts off coaching the kids that are in their district and you guys come along and bad mouth these guys and take the little that they have! Also, since you want to put words into my mouth, Since you guys have cleaned up the city with talent, anything less than a Gold Ball is unacceptable! It's ok to get kids to transfer to your school but to bash other coaches in the process? Come on man! That's why overall football in Memphis is bad! Eventually, TSSAA is going to flap you! 

13 minutes ago, Wilddog said:

What I am saying is Saulsbury has a lot of gophers out here like you who go all around the city bad talking other coaches who work there butts off coaching the kids that are in their district and you guys come along and bad mouth these guys and take the little that they have! 

I don't know anything about what other folks do. I know what I do. Go back and read what I've written and tell me where I've bad mouthed a coach. Any coach for that matter. I'm not a gopher, I'm an alum who supports the school and the team. I come on here and I post a lot. I go to the games. I support the team. I am not a coach in any capacity.

You evidently copied my post before I went back and made revisions to it. Go read it again. Read any of my posts, and find me one of my post where I bad mouthed any coach. I'm usually the one on here who defends coaches from Memphis. I don't bad mouth men who work with the young men of the present who will be our future. Most men who coach, especially those in the City of Memphis, do it for more then the paycheck.

Yeah, I know where AP came from. I also know because of the STEM program, he couldn't stay at East, so he came to Whitehaven as a freshman. He WILL develop at Whitehaven, but he is already a stud.

Edited by kwc

8 minutes ago, kwc said:

I don't know anything about what other folks do. I know what I do. Go back and read what I've written and tell me where I've bad mouthed a coach. Any coach for that matter. I'm not a gopher, I'm an alum who supports the school and the team. I come on here and I post a lot. I go to the games. I support the team. I am not a coach in any capacity.

You evidently copied my post before I went back and made revisions to it. Go read it again. Read any of my posts, and find me one of my post where I bad mouthed any coach. I'm usually the one on here who defends coaches from Memphis. I don't bad mouth men who work with the young men of the present who will be our future. Most men who coach, especially those in the City of Memphis, do it for more then the paycheck.

Yeah, I know where AP came from. I also know because of the STEM program, he couldn't stay at East, so he came to Whitehaven as a freshman. He WILL develop at Whitehaven, but he is already a stud.

I respect all that you said my brother. I should have been a little more clear in my comments. I was speaking of the gophers on his coaching staff. So many parents who have great players repeat a lot of the things being said by these guys and it's some real bull! Saulsbury is well aware of it but he likes to hide his hand. 6A has added some good coaches and I think both Central and Cordova are some pretty good schools academically. it's going to be hard to use that card to get players. Also, Give Wimberly a couple of years at Cordova (to get his type of players). I believe he's going to be able to get them over the hump.

52 minutes ago, Wilddog said:

I respect all that you said my brother. I should have been a little more clear in my comments. I was speaking of the gophers on his coaching staff. So many parents who have great players repeat a lot of the things being said by these guys and it's some real bull! Saulsbury is well aware of it but he likes to hide his hand. 6A has added some good coaches and I think both Central and Cordova are some pretty good schools academically. it's going to be hard to use that card to get players. Also, Give Wimberly a couple of years at Cordova (to get his type of players). I believe he's going to be able to get them over the hump.

Respect received and acknowledged. I feel the same towards any man who comes on here and posts about high school football. Especially, those from the City of Memphis. Respect extended.

I don't know what is said by any of the "gophers', as you call them. I do know that WHitehaven has a lot of volunteer coaches who are all alumn. They don't get paid, they are graduates of Whiethaven like I am. I don't know about the hiding his hand part either. I do know that all transfers have to be vetted through the TSSAA, and approved by the TSSAA, before they can even practice at Whitehaven. I know each case stands on their own merrits. 

I agree. 6A in Memphis just got tougher with Coach Wright taking over at Central and Coach Wimberly taking over at Cordova. Both programs have multiple studs every year in their respective programs. Heck, the feeder program into Central has a Whitehaven alumn as the head coach, which has repeatedly won the small school, middle school state championship for this region, in recent years. Central has a stud committed to LSU and another committed to the U of M. That's not talking about the rest of the team. Cordova had two guys off of last year's team to sign with UT and another young man to sign with Indiana. The QB off of last year's team went to Bethel. Germantown went 11-1 last year. beat us at home. They had a guy off of last year's team to sign with Indiana and five (5) other guys to sign LOIs to smaller schools. This year's team already has 3 players with preseaon offers to play in college. White Station has two (2), with one being a top rated O-line stud. Region 7 has Wimberly at Cordova. He's a state champion coach. Nuff said.

Like I said earlier in this thread ... on paper, its Whitehaven as the favorite coming out of Memphis in 6A. The games aren't played on paper though. Region 8 is going to be rougher then it has already been. And, Yes, with all of the accolades coming Whitehaven's way because of the preseason offers, its gold ball or bust this year in most folks eyes for Whithaven. In your words ... "Since you guys have cleaned up the city with talent, anything less than a Gold Ball is unacceptable!." That's a lot of pressure on those young men and the coaching staff. So I'm pulling for them to win it all knowing that there are no guarantees in this sport. 

Edited by kwc

On 7/5/2018 at 9:01 AM, Wilddog said:

All credit needs to go to former East Coach Marcus Wimberly for developing this kid into a dynamic receiver! This kid was very raw when he showed up an the campus of East. Wimberly developed him into a beast! I see you guys posting all of these SEC commits on this site, but my question to you guys is, how many of these guys came into Whitehaven's program as freshman? Looks to me that most of these guys are transfers. You guys are all over the city stealing players where coaches at smaller schools took time to do it the right way and develop kids through hard work and then you guys come out of no where and get the kid to transfer their Junior/Senior year. Then to add on, you guys try to claim the success. FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!        

Trick please

On 7/5/2018 at 10:01 AM, Wilddog said:

Lol... AP spent a lot of time at East before coming over to Whitehaven.  Actually, his first choice was East! He was also learned a lot from Wimberly. You guys even have your gophers bashing this man to get players and we all know he's a great coach!  I didn't say that Saulsbury doesn't work hard at getting his kids into school. I just would like to see more kids come there as freshman and be developed. If that's not happening, stop taking all of the credit for these kids and give there former coach some love!   What I am saying is Saulsbury has a lot of gophers out here like you who go all around the city bad talking other coaches who work there butts off coaching the kids that are in their district and you guys come along and bad mouth these guys and take the little that they have! Also, since you want to put words into my mouth, Since you guys have cleaned up the city with talent, anything less than a Gold Ball is unacceptable! It's ok to get kids to transfer to your school but to bash other coaches in the process? Come on man! That's why overall football in Memphis is bad! Eventually, TSSAA is going to flap you! 

Who bashed who and when??? 

I will bash coaches such as dude at Ridgeway who refuses to get out of his own way and get to Cookeville like us, as well as the former East Coach, Wayne Randle for NOT WORKING TO GET HIS BOYS INTO SCHOOL like we do at Whitehaven, but that's just me. Who is doing this bashing?

On 7/5/2018 at 10:27 AM, Wilddog said:

If Whitehaven is the "HUMP" he won't get over it

Looks like a good convo to step back on the scene on...first off, AP and all his brothers were raised and trained to play football by whitehaven coaches coming up through the pee wee ranks!! His dad had been said he was coming to WHS but wimberley begged him so much to let him have AP after a few days with da Haven he went over and worked out with them but realized that's not where he wanted to be and came back. If there are any gophers it's all these other schools like East and now Cordova and Mitchell telling these kids they will never play for WHS because they have to many kids and they won't let any freshmen play and putting all this stuff in these kids heads just so they can get they hands on them!!! Been goin on for years. Let's see how long the RB from Sherwood stays at Cordova, wimberley got in his head telling him the same crap to get him there!! You are right Mullins was and still is raw, but da haven been trying to change bad habits and work on route running with him to get him better and more exposure which is why he changed his commitment to S.C...coach saulsberry took that young man around the country with our other guys so he can see the level he needs to get to and it worked!!! Gophers you say, they plucking from da haven bruh!!! Kids want to come to da haven to get better!!! Why you think Mullins didn follow Wimberley to cordova??? 

Edited by coach10ac