Da Haven

dannyq

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

Y'all send them to Knoxville please.

Never heard of anyone decommiting AFTER their OV.

Then again, after that fake punt attempt, I can't blame them.

They supposedly have two officials left on their agenda. Mississippi State and the University of Memphis. Honestly, I think all three are fine. I think if they go to the University of Memphis it will turn heads with the D1-SEC types here in the City. It would be HUGE if the U of M got them, where as, it would be same ole, same ole if they go to UT or Mississippi State. 

It would be my personal preference if they stayed here in Memphis and go to the U of M. If not to the U of M, then to UT, then to Mississippi State ... in that order.

Edited by kwc

15 hours ago, kwc said:

They supposedly have two officials left on their agenda. Mississippi State and the University of Memphis. Honestly, I think all three are fine. I think if they go to the University of Memphis it will turn heads with the D1-SEC types here in the City. It would be HUGE if the U of M got them, where as, it would be same ole, same ole if they go to UT or Mississippi State. 

It would be my personal preference if they stayed here in Memphis and go to the U of M. If not to the U of M, then to UT, then to Mississippi State ... in that order.

Maybe Special K can convince them to go to U of M... Otherwise I think they UT bound as much as I hate to say that. I wish Eason was still on Bama's radar!

5 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Maybe Special K can convince them to go to U of M... Otherwise I think they UT bound as much as I hate to say that. I wish Eason was still on Bama's radar!

Quite frankly, I think the U of M is the best for the three. They have more opportunities there then the others in my opinion. It's not like the U of M hasn't sent players to the league recently either.

42 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Add French to that list as well. He follows Eason to East Tennessee.

The Commercial Appeal: Vols land French, second Memphis LB to commit

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2019/10/22/tennessee-vols-football-martavius-french-commitment-recruiting-bry/4068068002/

Make it a two-commitment Tuesday night for Tennessee.

Memphis Whitehaven linebacker Martavius French announced his commitment to Tennessee shortly after his teammate and fellow linebacker Bryson Eason did the same.

French recently decommitted from Arkansas. He is ranked No. 15 among inside linebackers and No. 332 nationally in the 247Sports Composite.

The 6-foot-2, 240-pound is the No. 10 prospect in Tennessee, one spot ahead of Eason and nine spots ahead of three-star Whitehaven outside linebacker Tamarion McDonald. McDonald committed to Tennessee later Tuesday, completing the trio of Whitehaven linebackers heading to UT.

Eason and French are the first two inside linebackers to commit to Tennessee, addressing a need in the 2020 class. UT's class now has 17 members after all three linebackers committed.

The Vols have five scholarship inside linebackers on their roster currently, including senior Daniel Bituli.

UT signed four players from Memphis in Jeremy Pruitt's first two recruiting class at Tennessee. UT did not sign a recruit from Memphis in Butch Jones' final two recruiting classes.

Edited by kwc

The Commercial Appeal: Whitehaven's Tamarion McDonald commits to Tennessee

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/10/22/tennessee-football-tamarion-mcdonald-whitehaven-commits/4068168002/

Tamarion McDonald has committed to Tennessee, the Whitehaven linebacker confirmed to The Commercial Appeal via text message.

The decision comes within two hours of teammates Bryson Eason and Martavius French announcing their commitments to the Volunteers.

McDonald, a 6-foot-2, 220-pound senior, is the No. 19 prospect in the state and the No. 34 outside linebacker in the nation according to the 247Sports composite.

He was a Commercial Appeal first-team all-metro selection who helped lead the Tigers to a class 6A runner-up finish last season.

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

Sometimes it’s good to get away. 

That's true. I was hoping they would stay home but this is good too. I'm glad the three of them have made a decision and made it public. I'm glad they picked UT over any other school over Memphis.

• Like 1