Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

51 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

#6 is a difference maker for us as raulston Is for you guys!! But that's not all either team has, they both have good athletes in important places such as the line of scrimmage (and that's where the game is one at IMO!) this will be a 4 quarter dog fight and the teams with the least amount of mistakes will win!! 

I agree with you the line of scrimmage is where games are won and lost. This year there have been teams that had better skill players than SP and more speed but Sp controlled the line of scrimmage and has played lights out on defense not comparing those other teams to GB as I honestly think GB will be the toughest opponent SP has had to face this season and by far the best back 

47 minutes ago, jake said:

Drove down to watch this game last year....SP was a scrappy bunch with some decent speed that never gave up....I thought that GB was more physical last year and just wore SP down.  I know SP will be well coached and show up to win the game and fight for four quarters, but at the end I just don't think there are many 1A kids that are going to consistently stop #6, Coalfield had some big kids and they got real tired of coming up and hitting him.  #3 has continued to impress me, the kid is a football player that does whatever is ask of him and looks like he is just as happy throwing a lead block for #6 as he is throwing a TD pass.  I don't see SP holding GB under 30-35 points in this game and I don't think SP can score that many to keep up. My prediction is GB 35  SP 27

Old Pirate feels 7 point swing, advantage to team making less penalties & turnovers with team winning field position. Should be far worth the cost of admission!

18 minutes ago, muskox said:

Im just curious because all u south pitt guys keep talking about this defense u all have like we're getting ready to line up against the 1985 Chicago bears

Old Pirate says overlook the SP supporters that obviously are wearing some kinfolkes lost Rose Colored Glasses. Now, Pay Attention, the Pirate defense is lead by several hard nosed seniors that lead by example. #10 is a ball hawk when healthy, #22 is a hard nosed player that is always around the ball when healthy, #70 has a motor that has an accelerater that remains stuck to the floor and defense plays with heart and a never quit attitude 

Edited by OLD PIRATE