Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

20 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says, the Only thing this old Pirate has a major problem with GB is the home fans parked behind the visiting team running their mouths on these young men during the game. Now, IF this type of stuff happens again like a few years back, rest assured there will retaliation. 1. The Captain's body guard is Not one who will sit idly by & allow it, several would likely address the home fans that engage in such behavior! 2. Old Pirate will be the 1st to pay to have reserved temporary seats put directly behind The Cherokees bench on their next visit to The Speedway!  Simple answer, Adults act like adults, let the young men play the game without an assorted effort by opposing fan bases to intentionally disrupt fair play!  Rest assured OP ain't jest joking neither!

I’m right there with ya! 

I also think we have a better team this year than last year. Definitely a better defense. If it wasn’t for the reverse pass on 4th down last year GB may not have won. But kudos to them for making a play and we didn’t and never got momentum back. The best team won last year by far we just surprised them in the beginning.

35 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

I believe that was the first time we played. I remember Mike powers and I being so surprised at your colors being same as ours. I guess we were expecting green. All the film we had watched was in black and white. Lol

Yes that was the first i was an 8th grader.Took forever and two days to get there it felt like.AND man was it cold!

37 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says, the Only thing this old Pirate has a major problem with GB is the home fans parked behind the visiting team running their mouths on these young men during the game. Now, IF this type of stuff happens again like a few years back, rest assured there will retaliation. 1. The Captain's body guard is Not one who will sit idly by & allow it, several would likely address the home fans that engage in such behavior! 2. Old Pirate will be the 1st to pay to have reserved temporary seats put directly behind The Cherokees bench on their next visit to The Speedway!  Simple answer, Adults act like adults, let the young men play the game without an assorted effort by opposing fan bases to intentionally disrupt fair play!  Rest assured OP ain't jest joking neither!

You sound just like all those rich folks from Columbia academy two years ago in the 4th round....geez the trucks are part of greenback home games....we didn't throw a fit last year when we played at your house in the 4th round....i forgot about the cannon when I came down and watched u guys play whitwell the first time this year.......soon as I walked in I was standing right beside the cannon when u all scored the first td.....dang near had to go back to the truck and see if I had a change of underwear laying around in the backseat 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, powerp said:

I also think we have a better team this year than last year. Definitely a better defense. If it wasn’t for the reverse pass on 4th down last year GB may not have won. But kudos to them for making a play and we didn’t and never got momentum back. The best team won last year by far we just surprised them in the beginning.

Speed PowerP speed you all were FAST!We had to adjust and were just way too physical for you all. 

3 hours ago, muskox said:

You sound just like all those rich folks from Columbia academy two years ago in the 4th round....geez the trucks are part of greenback home games....we didn't throw a fit last year when we played at your house in the 4th round....i forgot about the cannon when I came down and watched u guys play whitwell the first time this year.......soon as I walked in I was standing right beside the cannon when u all scored the first td.....dang near had to go back to the truck and see if I had a change of underwear laying around in the backseat 

LOPAO, Well, if you aren't humble enough to see the difference in fireworks/basic canon noise and planting your fans behind a team of teenagers' bench, then obviously you have a skillet slinger that has caused severe mental concerns. BTW, SP has plenty of temporary seating that can easily show the Cherokees the same respect. Perhaps you fellers should invest in you a canon or a whistle like Jasper's, sure the SP folkes wouldn't have a problem with it!  BTW, the canon spooks OP pert near every time too. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

LOPAO, Well, if you aren't humble enough to see the difference in fireworks/basic canon noise and planting your fans behind a team of teenagers' bench, then obviously you have a skillet slinger that has caused severe mental concerns. BTW, SP has plenty of temporary seating that can easily show the Cherokees the same respect. Perhaps you fellers should invest in you on canon, sure the SP folkes wouldn't have a problem with it! 

OP i usually agree and like reading your post.You are acting like a youngun right now.please reread my posts!The issue was taking care of after the CA game.No trucks are behind the players just like it should be.This is a huge GAME no need in adults crying about something thats been handled.Hope you have safe travels and enjoy a great GAME.

18 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Speed PowerP speed you all were FAST!We had to adjust and were just way too physical for you all. 

Other than Lilly we were not fast. I don’t think we’ve had a real fast kid since Lankford and Mitchell. We have average speed. I would say Cade is our fastest at 4.7.

2 hours ago, Gbnation said:

IF you are better than last years team then you will beat us but I don't think that's the case!! My opinion is last years team was better according to game film!! You all do have some good looking athletes but I think we have a few more!! The raulston kid runs hard and runs down hill good looking ball player!! 

This SP team is better overall than last years team in my opinion. Defense is much better. Offense isn’t as quick strike like it was last year but have been able to dictate tempo unlike years past. Just because offense isn’t as explosive doesn’t mean anything. Film is film and at end of the day whichever teams line play wins line of scrimmage will likely be on the winning team. SP hasn’t seen a offense as potent as GB but they haven’t seen a Defense like ours either. Throw out all the athletes come Friday. Just like in last years game the more physical team will win and move on. Win or lose, SP isn’t going anywhere and will be here waiting the next 3 years.