#1 Greeneville Vs. Marshall County!

DevilMan03

4 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

This is what I like about the playoffs.I have been to many different states and country's around the world but have never been to  many parts of my own state or ever even heard of many other towns if not for the playoffs.I'm sure Just like Greeneville,Cornersville has some great history and is a beautiful place to live with some fine people .

BatmanDevil have you predicted a score?I know in BVD’s vlog when Greeneville played Giles Co. you were spot on with your prediction.And you are correct about Cornersville would love to see them make it to Cookeville.Just a little side note Coach Randolph the head coach for Cornersville is a former player and graduate of Giles County High school.

1 hour ago, bobcat93 said:

BatmanDevil have you predicted a score?I know in BVD’s vlog when Greeneville played Giles Co. you were spot on with your prediction.And you are correct about Cornersville would love to see them make it to Cookeville.Just a little side note Coach Randolph the head coach for Cornersville is a former player and graduate of Giles County High school.

I only know what Greeneville has and when you only have one side of the story,it's hard to predict a game.Also,you never know if a team is going to do stupid stuff or make extra mistakes like my Devils did to start last weeks game.Marshall County has got to be good to be playing friday and from the talking about their running back,they will be a power team maybe like DB was against Greeneville.Either way,Greeneville has seen one of the best passing teams last week and power teams in DB who could also throw.So,I look for the Greeneville to work on things  they can control better like NOT blocking in the back,holding,false start or watching the ball and not  jumping off sides,speeding up punts ,picking up the blitz ,kickoff coverage when it's needed and last but not least ,no personal penalties.Act like you have been there .I'm thinking they have enough talent and great coaches to understand those things and not securing the ball can make a great team very average and this isn't the time for average.I say Greeneville gets it done 42-24 and once again that's a homer guess.

23 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

Sure can't. I can't imagine if we had lost that game and then find out the ejection was a farce.  It was a 1 point game with 5 minutes to go when they tossed him.

Just watched the game between Maplewood and Marshall Co. on the NFHA Network and the officials in that game should never be aloud to ref again.  The ejection of Liggett was the worst i've seen in a high school game. 3 Maplewood players are stepping on him and shoving him into the ground and Liggett gets up hands the ball to the official.  I'm glad i'm not coaching anymore because I would have been tossed from that game!  Glad he gets to play and the TSSAA needs to let those officials ref pee-wee league games

Marshall County's bread and butter on offense appears to be just lining up and mashing the football- and they are pretty dang good at it.  Will they be able to do that against Greeneville.  The QB looks to be a good runner, but i am not sure he can beat Gville if they become one-dimensional.  Let's hear your thoughts.

5 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

Marshall County's bread and butter on offense appears to be just lining up and mashing the football- and they are pretty dang good at it.  Will they be able to do that against Greeneville.  The QB looks to be a good runner, but i am not sure he can beat Gville if they become one-dimensional.  Let's hear your thoughts.

How much size does Marshall County have up front?

Edited by barb

6 minutes ago, barb said:

How much size does Marshall County have up front?

They are Big Barb.  O line goes 5"11 254lbs, 6" 296lbs, 6'4 310lbs, 5"7 202lbs, 6'1 315lbs.  Add in the TE's #44 is 5"11 232 lbs, and #6 is 6"3 255.  They like to line up in 2 TE sets like Greeneville did with the Back to Back State championship teams and grind you away

They look to have good size upfront. We know they are going to try and waste as much clock as possible and try to win the game in the fourth. I personally don’t believe they can stop our offense at all. They way to beat us is short passes and run it up the middle for a few yards every play. That’s IF you can do that successfully. If we go up by 14 right off then it’s game over imo 

Edited by DevilMan03

22 minutes ago, Swipes said:

They are Big Barb.  O line goes 5"11 254lbs, 6" 296lbs, 6'4 310lbs, 5"7 202lbs, 6'1 315lbs.  Add in the TE's #44 is 5"11 232 lbs, and #6 is 6"3 255.  They like to line up in 2 TE sets like Greeneville did with the Back to Back State championship teams and grind you away

sounds like its gonna be a slobber knocker.

GO GREENE!!! FIRE SNOT BABY!!!