COLUMBIA ACADEMY VS UNION CITY CLASS 2A SEMIFINALS

BulldawgsRise

1 minute ago, MisterObjective said:

That's a very complimentary post.  Your campus and facilities are very nice and your team displayed good sportsmanship. 

UC played well tonight.  Not sure that we had any penalties on offense.  The 3rd quarter was impressive.  CA gets the opening kickoff and drives to the one yard line and stalls.  UC uses the remainder of the quarter to drive the field and still runs a couple of plays in the 4th quarter on the same drive.  You don't often get to see both teams only have one possession each in one quarter.  Our two pass plays also worked out well.

I guess that’s a benefit of passing so little. The opposing team never knows when it is coming so it’s hard to stop when it comes out of nowhere. 

4 hours ago, Mayfieldfan1980 said:

For the record Mayfield did not get killed they won 21-14 hard fought game so I guess that means Mayfield is not the 3rd best team in ky 2a lol

Impressive win by them, but I still say they lose handily in finals.  Danville by 30.  Union City wins a gold ball though.

Edited by Manowar

4 hours ago, Manowar said:

Impressive win by them, but I still say they lose handily in finals.  Danville by 30.  Union City wins a gold ball though.

I am going to start this off by saying I hope UNION CITY wins the Gold Ball also been my pic for the entire season those young men have came together and showed the Tn football nation that they belong and can play in 2a GO TORNADOES focus and bring it home. As for mayfield for some reason this year a lot of people have doubted us lol that's ok we don't mind although your OPINION is yours and your entitled to it but remember no matter if Mayfield wins or looses this game will be talked about for yrs and yrs dew to history but then again history and epic games at state level games are probably something you don't know about. Since 2a tn is so much stronger than poor little ky teams lol 

Congratulations on great win by UC with brilliant play calling and flawless execution. Scout film I watched of UC does not do their athletes justice.  UC defense is fast and on the ball.  I was impressed with their defense more than their offense. They scouted us well too, and knew where we were going with the ball almost every play, and we had to get away from our own running game too early.  #8 on UC is one of the best safeties I've seen play all year.  Not every big, but he'll pop you and he gets up out of every pile.  Can't say enough about #30 fullback.  Just a beast.  #6 QB is a smooth operator too.  And that pass play called from the 1 yard line after we drove it down and didn't get it in was brilliant, and back breaking.  UC only had 2 penalties, both on defense (the new targeting rules they have now) and CA had only 1 penalty on Offense.   UC had the ball 29 minutes of the 48. 

I'm extremely proud of this group of CA ballers this year though.  Over-achievers!  A great senior class that all the others look up to and would follow off the cliff.  I can tell you from talking with them all after the game that they left it all out on the field.  Nothing to be ashamed about. It was just a case of playing a physically stronger team.  Good luck on your pursuit of the gold ball UC, and we plan to see you next year.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mayfieldfan1980 said:

I am going to start this off by saying I hope UNION CITY wins the Gold Ball also been my pic for the entire season those young men have came together and showed the Tn football nation that they belong and can play in 2a GO TORNADOES focus and bring it home. As for mayfield for some reason this year a lot of people have doubted us lol that's ok we don't mind although your OPINION is yours and your entitled to it but remember no matter if Mayfield wins or looses this game will be talked about for yrs and yrs dew to history but then again history and epic games at state level games are probably something you don't know about. Since 2a tn is so much stronger than poor little ky teams lol 

We in UC have great respect for Mayfield and are pulling for you in your title game.

11 hours ago, Mayfieldfan1980 said:

For the record Mayfield did not get killed they won 21-14 hard fought game so I guess that means Mayfield is not the 3rd best team in ky 2a lol

I think Mayfield sometimes gets a bad rap from Tennessee HS Football fans because people perceive KY as a " basketball state"... Mayfield is a football school ... Their little boys grow up wanting to wear the Red and Black because their daddy's did ... They want to win and wear big rings because their daddy's did ... It's a winning tradition bred into them ... They have been blessed to have coaches that taught their players the right way to play football ... Joe Morris is a great coach that has surrounded himself with great assistants ... I think they will beat Danville ... I think the championship was played last night in Mayfield ...

2 hours ago, fallguy17 said:

We in UC have great respect for Mayfield and are pulling for you in your title game.

Thanks for y'alls support I know this is a tn forum and understand that there are haters in all states but I will defend my cards anywhere. So back to the main topic will the state game UNION CITY will play in be a tough game or will the mighty tornados blow right through them they seem to have found there rhythm these last couple of weeks doing what they do best running hard shaking off tackles and bringing pain

You are not gonna stop their running game, so you better score.  Peabody was one deminsional and almost pulled it off because both teams are familiar with each other.  Tyner will lose big.  UC is for real.  They have beaten Peabody and this tells me that they are better than the rest.  Best 2A teams in the state are Waverly. Mckenze, Adamsville, TCA, Peabody and UC.  Huntingdon would be very good in this district if they were 2A.  Roll Tide

14 minutes ago, allgoodlf said:

You are not gonna stop their running game, so you better score.  Peabody was one deminsional and almost pulled it off because both teams are familiar with each other.  Tyner will lose big.  UC is for real.  They have beaten Peabody and this tells me that they are better than the rest.  Best 2A teams in the state are Waverly. Mckenze, Adamsville, TCA, Peabody and UC.  Huntingdon would be very good in this district if they were 2A.  Roll Tide

Union city stopped our 3rd and 4th string running backs. Noah and  jaquez are good but we lacked our power running and it hurt us. 

Edited by Tide21
Edit

1 hour ago, allgoodlf said:

I know that last night wasn’t close with us but the fact that y’all leave us out of the conversation as one of the best 2A teams is just wrong. Especially if you’re gonna have Waverly in there after we beat them. 

24 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

I know that last night wasn’t close with us but the fact that y’all leave us out of the conversation as one of the best 2A teams is just wrong. Especially if you’re gonna have Waverly in there after we beat them. 

Y'all were defiantly one of the best teams or wouldn't have been playing last night! Y'all just don't match up well with UC's style play, matter of fact nobody does when they're clicking and not turning the ball over. It's been fun watching CA grow into what y'all have built over the past few years, hopefully Coach Rice and Coach Landsell can get us back to playing in the regular season soon, congrats on another great year!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Ive got a question. I watched some your guys game against union city last night and y’all had a running play where you tossed the ball back to the running back like 5 yards did that work against other teams ?