COLUMBIA ACADEMY VS UNION CITY CLASS 2A SEMIFINALS

BulldawgsRise

UC will win the GOLD gold ball again.  I do think they will admit that 2A is tougher than 1A from top to bottom.  If you include the Douglass game they have had about 6 pretty competitive games this year with 2A foes(including one loss).  They normally had about 2 real competitive games in 1A.  They probably have had a few more injuries as a result. They lose a lot of key players BUT they just reload!  THey will be in the mix again next year.  Peabody is my pick for next year though.

Edited by Intense

OK...So we have a half to play yet and anything can happen but when UC makes stops (4 in the half), doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't commit silly penalties this is what happens...This is the best half of football against a quality opponent all season...First half was a total mismatch...CA gets the ball back to start the second half....

Union City - 28

Columbia Acd. - 0

5 minutes ago, Intense said:

UC will win the GOLD gold ball again.  I do think they will admit that 2A is tougher than 1A from top to bottom.  If you include the Douglass game they have had about 6 pretty competitive games this year with 2A foes(including one loss).  They normally had about 2 real competitive games in 1A.  They probably have had a few more injuries as a result. They lose a lot of key players BUT they just reload!  THey will be in the mix again next year.  Peabody is my pick for next year though.

Of course it's tougher now, us and Peabody are here! Lol just kidding with you intense. There have been a lot more games that as a fan were more fun to watch because they were more competitive. Don't really enjoy the blowouts as much.

5 minutes ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

OK...So we have a half to play yet and anything can happen but when UC makes stops (4 in the half), doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't commit silly penalties this is what happens...This is the best half of football against a quality opponent all season...First half was a total mismatch...CA gets the ball back to start the second half....

Union City - 28

Columbia Acd. - 0

Definitely a perfect half for UC!