COLUMBIA ACADEMY VS UNION CITY CLASS 2A SEMIFINALS

BulldawgsRise

On 11/20/2017 at 0:34 AM, TryNotToSuck said:

UC fans be like:

"We have a very good team, we like to run the football and get 3-4 yards, and whenever the ball carrier is tackled, we like to do it again, and again, and again, and again. And then we will throw a pass to keep the defense honest."

"We have a good field (they really do). We like to paint it purple, and red, and blue, but this year, we painted it green."

"We have a very good band. Last weekend, they played at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis and finished 6th of out 22 bands. And when our color guard throws the flags in the air, we let the win carry them and not make an attempt to catch them. But we have a good band."

"If Union City loses this game, they lost it, the other team didn't win."

"POUND THAT BALL!!! - says the 60 year old man that played left guard in high school."

In all seriousness I do think Columbia Academy will win the game if they take advantage of offensive possessions. UC's defense isn't that special. 

(I'm also not trolling UC, just hopefully having a good sense of humor)

I just talked to my friend on the UC Turf staff. He thanks you for the compliment & said they do not paint the field as a whole. They do use field paint for logos, yard lines & stuff like that. When they color the whole field, it is a special type of grass dye normally used for winter golf course greens. 

They have dyed it purple before but prefer to keep it green. He said they just went partially dormant & that's why they dyed it green this season since half of the field was still green. 

On November 20, 2017 at 5:31 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Tennessee has had their fair share of great coaches, but failed to maintain them. What I am about to say is a shot at Jackson-Madison County Schools. Jackson have four high schools, all four schools sent a team to the state tournament. All these athletes and coaches work constantly hard, and the school-board does not do anything in terms of updating facilities or congratulating the teams. There's no reward for the athletes and coaches that work hard. Therefore, coaches see no support, they leave. Liberty had Tyler Turner who coached football, and they went to the 3A state championship game against Alcoa. Granite, Turner was going to leave anyway, but he left near Memorial Day to head down to 6A Olive Branch (MS). Olive Branch went 0-11 in 2016, now they're 12-1 and has a game Friday. School systems are not supporting their athletes and coaches.

Second, there are coaches that are stubborn and want to have this offense and will run this offense regardless of the players. Coaches need to run their offense based off the players they have. But they won't. If I know I'm a receiver, I want to go to a school that throws the ball. It utilizes talent. But there's a lot of offenses that has a certain offense that ruins a player and his talent.

Third, I don't think the state of Tennessee do a good job of developing players. But that's just me.

Fourth, our playoff system is so run down, that every team pretty much gets in the playoffs, and you see us (posters) complain saying that this class or that class is weak, because of the playoffs system. Majority of the time, the playoffs really determines whether if this class is strong or not.

I worked in JMCSS for a decade. Saw many great teachers leave that system for greener pasture. They do not take care of their employees. Now they can't find enough teachers.  There are still jobs posted from the summer that haven't been filled. Yes there are student problems in Jackson but the majority of the problems start at the top. JMCSS is a dumpster fire. 

20 hours ago, Southtowner said:

From D'Stew.

Columbia Academy
Offense- Spread T
2017 Offensive Stats- 567 rushes for 3,612 yards and 48 TDs; 75 of 139 passing for 1,091 yards and 14 TDs; 4,703 total yards and 62 total TDs
Run-Pass Ratio- Run-76%, Pass- 24%

Union City
Offense- Flex bone
2017 Offensive Stats-757 rushes for 5,543 yards and 70 TDs; 10 of 26 passing for 205 yards and 3 TDs; 5,748 total yards and 73 TDs
Run-Pass Ratio- Run-96%, Pass- 4%

I posted this on the wrong thread late last night. Must have been a long day.        From Donovan Stewart.