OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

15 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I prefer the new artificial turf better especially if your team has a lot of speed.  Most fields that have heavy traffic from to many events and plans on playing the 15th week of the season every year should be playing  on this stuff.  For those ten weeks and done schools I can understand  the investment would be a far reach. I stopped by and talked to the men that were installing the field last year at Maryville and they did say it last for about ten years so that needs to be figured into the equation if your school is thinking about this.2z6ifev.jpg

A post that actually makes sense...refreshing!

13 hours ago, bounder said:

I prefer grass but I get tired of the run around from the powers that be. If they're gonna do it, do it and get it over with. I would rather have new dressing rooms and a new press box. I had a hand in the last remodeling in 2002 when the Quarterback club remodeled the restrooms,  ticket booths and built the tailgate area, all from donations and without help from the school board or city. 

I could certainly be wrong but what I've heard on many occasions is that the grant from the state does NOT cover anything but the field. So those of you who would rather have new dressing rooms, press box, etc, need to get out and raise the money. Also, whoever said that most of the players would rather have a jumbotron...I doubt the players were polled at all of the schools that have gotten turf in recent years, so why start here?

1 hour ago, atrisk said:

" from what I've heard the players would like a nice jumbotron." "From what I've heard" being the operative statement.  No poll ever mentioned.

Ok, I’ll be more blunt. Just like the countless other turf fields that have been installed, the opinion of the players is irrelevant. 

44 minutes ago, atrisk said:

"......."well" has run dry on donations." I would agree with ya. So, what has been done with the donated  $$$$ that were received?  Hard to get people to give more $$ and generate new $$ if people don't see anything getting done. That's my take on it.

I agree. And I assume the money is just sitting in an account somewhere. At least I hope so! Lol

Go to oakridgetoday.com for an article on Tuesday June 19 meeting on the turf. At the end of this article is a link that leads to many other past articles on the issue.

I think a turf field will be installed but don't see it happening for this season.. Kind of a shame considering how loaded we are with speedy skill position players.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

7 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Go to oakridgetoday.com for an article on Tuesday June 19 meeting on the turf. At the end of this article is a link that leads to many other past articles on the issue.

I think a turf field will be installed but don't see it happening for this season.. Kind of a shame considering how loaded we are with speedy skill position players.

All talk...no action!

10 minutes ago, bounder said:

I just received a text saying construction will begin within 10 days on phase one of the putting turf on "The Ship".  I believe the guy that texted me so we'll see if they start within 10 days and finish before the first home game.

We scrimmage y’all on August 3. Will it be on the practice field or new turf?