OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Jefferson beat CAK tonight 18-16. Big win OrCat!

Yep.  Long game winning drive to score with 23 seconds left.  Gutsy effort.  One game to go.  City Championship!  JMS vs. RMS.  It's a big deal to these kids, all future Cats.  Hopefully everybody will come down to the Ship and make it a great atmosphere for these boys.  We got some good young players coming up.   

On 9/6/2018 at 6:12 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

A thank you to the Oak Ridge Quarterback Club for providing the football team a Huddlbox that allows the team to watch and analyze film on the sideline during the game. The picture on Facebook shows linemen using this technology and that maybe why our linemen are playing so well.

Check out Friday night the Walk of Champions. Joe McCarty of Diversifield Electric has providing lighting to the area.

RWR!

That is great for the team..good teaching tool

12 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Everybody be sure and turn out Thursday night for the Jefferson vs Robertsville game.  Jefferson is coming off a huge comeback win in the last minute over CAK 18-16.  Big crowd will encourage kids on both teams to continue their football careers at ORHS next season, some good prospects on both teams.

So true, there are some really good 8th graders coming up.   Some of the boys on JMS are on the fence about playing for the high school.  A big crowd may help some of them towards deciding to  play as freshmen.  

17 hours ago, oridgecat said:

So true, there are some really good 8th graders coming up.   Some of the boys on JMS are on the fence about playing for the high school.  A big crowd may help some of them towards deciding to  play as freshmen.  

Huh...on the fence about playing with our record of recent success, success for decades, and our great tradition?????????

My advice to those on the fence is "do not play"! They just aren't competitive or smart enough to play! If they need a big crowd at a middle school game to persuade them to play high school football, then it simply doesn't mean enough to them and the team will be better off without them!

11 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

recent success?  Did I miss something?

Yes it appears that you have missed something...the last 9.5 years. Since OR had a bump in the road (2006-2008), our teams have posted a record of 86-29. which is winning about 75% of our games. Since Gaddis came back, the record is 51-14, which is winning about 78% of our games. OR is currently ranked #3 in the state. If I'm a middle school player, I'd look at that and want to play because everyone wants to be part of a winning program. I sure wouldn't base my playing at ORHS on the crowd at a middle school game. The figures I cited earlier in this post amounts to "recent success" in my book...but maybe not yours. So yes, I think you missed something.

I didn't miss any of those football games.  Lol.  The varsity coaches know exactly which two kids I'm referring to and believe me they want them on the team.   There are other factors in play here besides OR's recent winning percentage, and the kid's competitiveness or intelligence.  That's why I said nevermind. 

I was just agreeing with CactusJack in that a good crowd could only help encourage these kids to "stay with it", not that it would be the sole determining factor for them to keep playing or not. 

Edited by oridgecat

57 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I didn't miss any of those football games.  Lol.  The varsity coaches know exactly which two kids I'm referring to and believe me they want them on the team.   There are other factors in play here besides OR's recent winning percentage, and the kid's competitiveness or intelligence.  That's why I said nevermind. 

I was just agreeing with CactusJack in that a good crowd could only help encourage these kids to "stay with it", not that it would be the sole determining factor for them to keep playing or not. 

I'll say this and I guess you'll disagree again...if those two players, whoever they are, bothered to attend the OR - Farragut game and saw that great crowd and atmosphere, or the DB game, or if they went over to West and saw the crowd and the comeback, then they should already want to play. If they are still on the fence after that, then I for one, don't want them.