OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

On 8/23/2018 at 3:06 PM, wingman10 said:

Go Cats

Thanks Wingman10.

It is time to put Hardin Valley and Kingsport D-B to bed since they were non-region games and have no impact as the Wildcats move forward.

Get ready for Campbell County and keep the momentum rolling forward. I million RWRs to the OL/DL for proving me wrong that they would struggle early on. They are Wildcat tough. Of course a RWR to the speedy Cats.

Papa B, did I miss it or have you not given out the WWA shirts?

On 8/23/2018 at 12:07 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

You think Oak Ridge doesn't know how to play defense???

After two weeks of games, the Oak Ridge Youth Football teams combined have scored 93 points and given up ZERO points. Last night, the Oak Ridge 9-under tied Fulton 0 - 0. Who knew youth football games could end in ties?

Do you all remember the old days where every elementary school fielded teams? I went to St. Mary's but played for Cedar Hill. Woodland always had the best team when I played.

DEFENSE wasn't born in Oak Ridge, the Wildcat Youth just perfected how it should be played.

Yesterday, the 7-under Oak Ridge Wildcats defeated Powell 26 - 0.

Okay, I had to stay out of the DB vs Oak Ridge thread...tired of DB folks talking about how bad their team is and they cannot admit that Oak Ridge is looking good this year and we beat them solid.

Plus, their band the DB band did not perform at half time...but the Wild Band sounded great!

In another topic, has anybody noticed we have a new Wiley this year? The "friend" of the Wiley did an incredible job fund raising (thank you Oak Ridge supporters) to replace the old worn out mascot costume. They are also doing a great job as our Wildcat!

Edited by jeffyt

4 minutes ago, jeffyt said:

Okay, I had to stay out of the DB vs Oak Ridge thread...tired of DB folks talking about how bad their team is and they cannot admit that Oak Ridge is looking good this year and we beat them solid.

I agree and Booker just might be the most complete QB we've had around here in a long, long time...and he's an even better DB!

18 minutes ago, jeffyt said:

Plus, their band the DB band did not perform at half time...but the Wild Band sounded great!

In another topic, has anybody noticed we have a new Wiley this year? The "friend" of the Wiley did an incredible job fund raising (thank you Oak Ridge supporters) to replace the old worn out mascot costume. They are also doing a great job as our Wildcat!

I am so happy Wiley the Wildcat is getting an update this season. Great work to the people responsible. I honestly believe Wiley should be in the Oak Ridge Sports Hall of Fame. I just don't know how to present this to the voting committee without sounding stupid.

Maybe some people have noticed but I have been known as some version of WillieThe Wildcat on all of the various CoachT Message Boards for over 20 years. I took that name to honor Wiley. This explains why my many posts are childish, serious or informative. I am just playing a character. 

I will be coming home to Oak Ridge this Friday for the game and if you want to meet let me know. I plan on sitting on the lower right end of the Visitor side so I can look across the field and take in the many traditions of Wildcat football like the stairs and RR X s. My old spot for many many years was standing under the press box where the visiting team came out of their locker room. You can see the whole field from that spot.

RWR!

9 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm pretty sure we have a Freshman game at 5:30 and a JV Game at 7:00 this evening at Maryville. Hope I'm right, hope some of you all come over today. 

The Oak Ridge Boosters have posted we do play Maryville at MHS today. Good luck to all the players and PLEASE let us know how things go. I am going to go out on a limb and predict the Wildcats make history and win both games. I doubt that has evver happened. Check out freshmen #1, he looked great in highlights from the Frosh game against HVA.

2 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

The Oak Ridge Boosters have posted we do play Maryville at MHS today. Good luck to all the players and PLEASE let us know how things go. I am going to go out on a limb and predict the Wildcats make history and win both games. I doubt that has evver happened. Check out freshmen #1, he looked great in highlights from the Frosh game against HVA.

I went out onto the field at the Catholic game and someone showed me a freshman that got onto the varsity for us and he looks like he is ready for the NFL Draft next year. I couldn't believe it.

5 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm pretty sure we have a Freshman game at 5:30 and a JV Game at 7:00 this evening at Maryville. Hope I'm right, hope some of you all come over today. 

Barn , I would love to be there, but my little guys team has football practice.  They played a real game during the Oak Ridge Hardin Valley game.  Go figure.  Lol