OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

My favorite South vs DB game was 2009....:thumb:However as a former Devil with former Indian kids,I enjoyed last Friday night at DB just about as much .Nothing like seeing your own school take it out on the Tribe at J fred

I thought everybody's favorite South vs DB game was in 2006. Do you remember what that score was? I'll give you a hint.......It was 44-0.

41 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

My favorite South vs DB game was 2009....:thumb:However as a former Devil with former Indian kids,I enjoyed last Friday night at DB just about as much .Nothing like seeing your own school take it out on the Tribe at J fred

You know what they say... "The devil is in the details!" and oh man were the Devils all over DB's details last week!  I expect similar, thorough preparation from the Wildcats this week.  I think they knew HVA's offensive plays before every snap - and definitely beat us in the trenches.

South vs DB 1987 was my favorite - even though South ultimately lost (as usual) - the crowd and energy felt like the Super Bowl and the contest came down to the very last play of the game.  Unfortunately - like most of the county schools in the Tri-Cities - South has lost way more than won against the Tribe (I can only think of 2 or 3 wins over multiple decades).  Heck... even with the crazy talented Curt Phillips and Coach Carter at the helm they could not muster up enough to beat those dang Indians!  I have hated playing and watching games in J Fred my whole life and this year won't be any different when my son suits up to play there. 

Truth of the matter is that I respect the storied program that DB built and maintained for so long.  It is actually sad to see them fall off now with such great facilities, piles of ability, and great support from their fans.  Back in the day when I played, their coach was the sly Silver Fox and Graham certainly had a great run.  I truly hope Coach Christian can be successful for his sake and the players - but I think he has a steep mountain to climb to get DB back on top.

Still believe OR wins tomorrow night but I am starting to think the score may be much tighter and lower than I originally predicted.

4 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I thought everybody's favorite South vs DB game was in 2006. Do you remember what that score was? I'll give you a hint.......It was 44-0.

I think that was the only year Curt Phillips played against DB and everyone at South was anticipating a beat down.  If my memory serves me, the 44 points were for the visiting, underdogs from Kingsport (DB). :wacko: For some reason DB fell off of South's schedule the next two years when they probably had the best seasons in school history.

I'm not sure where to look but I think you have to go back to 1992 or 1993 to find the last time South actually beat DB (sad!).  Of course they eventually stopped playing each other once South bumped down to 4A.

Safe to say that South will never beat DB again in football... but maybe West Ridge will get a chance! :thumb:

2 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

I think that was the only year Curt Phillips played against DB and everyone at South was anticipating a beat down.  If my memory serves me, the 44 points were for the visiting, underdogs from Kingsport (DB). :wacko: For some reason DB fell off of South's schedule the next two years when they probably had the best seasons in school history.

I'm not sure where to look but I think you have to go back to 1992 or 1993 to find the last time South actually beat DB (sad!).  Of course they eventually stopped playing each other once South bumped down to 4A.

Safe to say that South will never beat DB again in football... but maybe West Ridge will get a chance! :thumb:

It was at J fred in 2006 and South's center was hurt,ended up 3rd string center.The DB blitz killed South.2009 was at South and everyone thought it would be a South victory

53 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

It was at J fred in 2006 and South's center was hurt,ended up 3rd string center.The DB blitz killed South.2009 was at South and everyone thought it would be a South victory

Yeah, that was the year they were predicting themselves to run the score up on DB in the 60's. DB should of kept South on their schedule. They could use a sure victory these days.

9 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

My old Junior High, Jefferson Middle School went to Lenoir City MS and came back with a 34 - 7 victory. The Eagles are now 2 - 1. Look out RMS Rams.

My favorite Middle School saying is...what do you get when you cross an Eagle and a Ram? An Oak Ridge Wildcat.

Oh by the way...it is GAME DAY! 

Robertsville beat Concord to get to 1-2.