OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

Hey WillietheWildcat why don't you just park up on the hill and come from there. They have a ticket booth up there also. And NO 72 steps!! Dang I hate those steps, I've been climbing them since 1955 with Coach "Nick" Orlando. Hope he don't come back and get me for calling him "Nick"!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

AFTER THREE WEEKS....

I have no complaints with the Wildcat program. I am looking forward to seeing which players are going to step and shine. I bet #6, FR #1, #2, #3 and #36 will continue to make a bigger impact on the team. I am sure there are others that people can point out.

Win or not Friday night, how the Wildcats respond will tell a lot about our team. RWR!

OAK RIDGE YOUTH FOOTBALL

Secret City Gridiron Bowl ... September 8, 2018.

9 am  Fulton vs Hardin Valley   8 under

10 am  Alcoa vs OAK RIDGE   10 under

11 am  Fulton vs Bearden   10 under

12 noon  Greenback vs Coalfield 19 under

1 pm  OAK RIDGE vs Coalfield   7 under

2 pm  OAK RIDGE vs Coalfield   9 under

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for the Gate, Concessions and Chains. You can volunteer by going to Facebook and reply at Oak Ridge Youth Football.

I guess in my day this was the Boys Club Classic. I played my worst football game during one of these events. We (Cedar Hill) were playing Glenwood and they ran the Wing T which we had never seen. The coach moved me to a new position to try to disrupt their offense. I played like a deer in headlights getting my butt handed to me all day long.One guy trashed talked me the whole game and I backed down to him.

At the end of the season that guy and I were selected to the All Star team to play Woodland. In front of everybody at the first practice he told everybody I didn't deserve to be an All Star. I went crazy and smashed his face with my helmet. I was sent home but allowed back on the team after I apologized. Unfortunately the next practice I twisted my ankle and missed the All Star game which Woodland won easily.

5 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

OAK RIDGE YOUTH FOOTBALL

Secret City Gridiron Bowl ... September 8, 2018.

9 am  Fulton vs Hardin Valley   8 under

10 am  Alcoa vs OAK RIDGE   10 under

11 am  Fulton vs Bearden   10 under

12 noon  Greenback vs Coalfield 19 under

1 pm  OAK RIDGE vs Coalfield   7 under

2 pm  OAK RIDGE vs Coalfield   9 under

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for the Gate, Concessions and Chains. You can volunteer by going to Facebook and reply at Oak Ridge Youth Football.

I guess in my day this was the Boys Club Classic. I played my worst football game during one of these events. We (Cedar Hill) were playing Glenwood and they ran the Wing T which we had never seen. The coach moved me to a new position to try to disrupt their offense. I played like a deer in headlights getting my butt handed to me all day long.One guy trashed talked me the whole game and I backed down to him.

At the end of the season that guy and I were selected to the All Star team to play Woodland. In front of everybody at the first practice he told everybody I didn't deserve to be an All Star. I went crazy and smashed his face with my helmet. I was sent home but allowed back on the team after I apologized. Unfortunately the next practice I twisted my ankle and missed the All Star game which Woodland won easily.

Do You remember walking the neighborhoods.selling the booklet of tickets to the Boys Club Classic?  Great memories.  I did not play well in The Classic either.  Lol.  It's a big deal for the kids.I will be there.  Thanks Willie

2 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Do You remember walking the neighborhoods.selling the booklet of tickets to the Boys Club Classic?  Great memories.  I did not play well in The Classic either.  Lol.  It's a big deal for the kids.I will be there.  Thanks Willie

Yes, selling tickets for me was no fun because I was so shy but my Dad made it perfectly clear I was going to do it. LOL  The only other memory I have from those games is I made a tackle and the PA guy gave the credit to another players. I was very immature at the time and yelled up to the press box that it was #66 that made the tackle. One of my older brothers played for the Wildcats so playing on Blankenship Field was huge to me and I crumbled under the pressure. 

RWR! Come on Cats, don't be a ###### cat like me  LOL.

A thank you to the Oak Ridge Quarterback Club for providing the football team a Huddlbox that allows the team to watch and analyze film on the sideline during the game. The picture on Facebook shows linemen using this technology and that maybe why our linemen are playing so well.

Check out Friday night the Walk of Champions. Joe McCarty of Diversifield Electric has providing lighting to the area.

RWR!

The only score I have from the Secret City Bowl is that the 7-under Wildcats defeated Coalfield 14 - 0. On Facebook, there is a page for Oak Ridge Youth Football and they have a video of the 7-under Cats coming down the 72 steps to Glory with the train ringing. They look like pretty nasty Wildcats :D

Whoever are the coaches for the young Wildcats are doing a great job.

• Like 1