8AA

UTRok

Just to name a few... 10AA has 8 teams and uses the same format. 7AAA and 8AAA have 7 teams and uses a double bye for 1 and 2. 10AAA same format... I didn't look very long but I guess maybe coaches are looking for something different. Probably will eventually go back to the old way at some point. I think giving the byes makes the regular season mean something. College conferences do it. Why not try it in high school? 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Z King of D Swing said:

Just to name a few... 10AA has 8 teams and uses the same format. 7AAA and 8AAA have 7 teams and uses a double bye for 1 and 2. 10AAA same format... I didn't look very long but I guess maybe coaches are looking for something different. Probably will eventually go back to the old way at some point. I think giving the byes makes the regular season mean something. College conferences do it. Why not try it in high school? 

Thanks for the correction, much appreciated.  Thought 8AA was the only district who did it.  I stand corrected.

7 hours ago, UTRok said:

My understanding is the tie breaker between UHS and LA is LA splitting with Smith county and UHS sweeping Smith county. LA and UHS both split with Macon. Sort of like the 15-16 season where UHS was 1st over Smith county after both finishing 9-3 and splitting with each other on the season.

What about UHS splitting with Watertown and LA sweeping Watertown? Don't guess I understand your logic!

41 minutes ago, rabbitranch said:

What about UHS splitting with Watertown and LA sweeping Watertown? Don't guess I understand your logic!

Tie breakers start with head to head. It then starts with records against the highest seeded teams. Since Smith is ranked above Watertown right now. Upperman would win the tie breaker with Livingston

12 hours ago, sdawg said:

Tie breakers start with head to head. It then starts with records against the highest seeded teams. Since Smith is ranked above Watertown right now. Upperman would win the tie breaker with Livingston

If what you're saying is correct.  UHS split with a lower seeded team (Watertown) than the team LA split with (Smith co).  LA and UHS split head to head.  UHS should be seeded above LA BECAUSE UHS lost to a lower seeded team! Doesn't it seem a little strange that a loss to a lower ranked team would get you a higher seed!

13 minutes ago, rabbitranch said:

If what you're saying is correct.  UHS split with a lower seeded team (Watertown) than the team LA split with (Smith co).  LA and UHS split head to head.  UHS should be seeded above LA BECAUSE UHS lost to a lower seeded team! Doesn't it seem a little strange that a loss to a lower ranked team would get you a higher seed!

I didn’t pick the method. The same argument could be said for who performed against the better team. I was just stating how it is currently set up.

Not sure anyone saw the district playing out the way it has. Understanding that the final order of the district really only means that two of the region teams are set. I for one didn't see UHS winning the district or SC finishing as low as they did. With only 3 team finishing above 500 in the district 8AA still has 3 of the top 4 region teams. District 7AA is only a 5 team district with only 2 team over 500 on the season. I think only Cumberland county has a shot at winning a game in the region and not sure if they really do. Cumberland split with York and was the only 8AA team they played. Top 2 in the district is a big deal with the format used. Could very well be another 8AA region final.

UHS

LA

Macon

YI

Dekalb

SC

Wtown

Cannon