2018 Class A

lakecounty1968

12 hours ago, orngnblk said:

No we were THE REAL DEAL this year.Just like i said first of the week and we backed it up.Who knows what next year holds??An injury or two in off season can change everything.If we are healthy then yes we will be the favorite.These kids dont look past anyone the WILL NOT be an issue.These kids just win!!

You are right. Usually those talented, senior loaded teams get it done. That's why I always had Coalfield, Greenback, SP in that order in the east this season. My thinking was Coalfield's biggest class was the huge senior class, Greenback's was the huge junior class, and SP was their huge freshmen class. It didn't work out that way. I thought with Greenback losing the college players they lost that it would be enough for Coalfield to surpass them, but I was wrong. I picked Huntingdon and Coalfield in Cookeville and figured Huntingdon would win by a few scores. Again, I was wrong. I think Pujo said it best. It was just a weird year in 1-2A this season. 

The key to Greenback's success is the ability to run & pass and do them both well. Athletes all over the field who play very well together. They never enter a game they don't think they can win. The Sophomore & Junior class have 4 youth Super Bowl wins together and "knew" they would win state as high schoolers and did what they needed to do to make that happen. They will be just as motivated next season to win back to back Gold balls so until next year we have a couple round ball sports to keep us in shape and possibly attend another Spring Fling in a few months.

On 12/2/2017 at 6:59 AM, rnorris92 said:

Even though Cornersville did not win the Gold Ball Thursday, I do believe that they seen some things that they can improve on next year.  You state that they cannot throw the ball, which I agree to a point (just the lack of passing attempts) but I believe that they found a guy in Bush (#5) that they could potentially use as a downfield threat even if its for 8 to 10 yards throwing at times, just enough to force the DB's and LB's to not consistently put 8 to 10 guys in the box to stop the run.  But who knows, these are just my opinions.  

They have several they can throw to Finch can catch good and several more  but they pick one to throw to and that's it there  was several open several times in the championship we have to practice alot more passing and change it up some 

On 12/2/2017 at 7:12 AM, TheAmbassador said:

Wayne County should be a serious threat next season in the west. I still believe if you boys didn't have 10,000 injuries this season you would have been a serious contender. 

We have lost some speed from this years class but should have a few young guys get bigger roles.  QB should be healthy and ready to roll with all 5 starters back on the oline.  Hopefully the injury bug moves on to another town.