2018 Class A

lakecounty1968

15 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

The west will have Lake County, Huntingdon, Cornersville, Wayne County and Dresden that will battle it out for Cookeville in 2018. Mt. Pleasant, Westwood also could be in the mix. Westwood was the most athletic team LC played in 2017. I would argue that they were as athletic as any team in 1A. In the east Greenback,  So.Pitt are the clear cut favorite.  Whitwell will be a major threat to both Greenback and So.Pitt. interested in who is the dark horse in the east. Possibly Cloudland and Gordonsville just not sure about those two. Also wondering about Fayetteville. They seem to have good athletes. I know Coalfield lost just about the majority of there team but they are also always in the playoffs.  Can they surprise anyone?  2018 is shaping up to be an exciting year. Imo Lake County and So.Pitt will play for the third time next year in Cookeville.  I know Greenback is supposed to be loaded but So Pitt is do to knock them off. Anybody willing to make a way to early prediction on 2018. Forgot Moore County and Jo Byrns.  What will those two schools have to offer?  

There is no dark horse on the east side next year. The three top team will be ghs,SP, and Whitwell. 1a on the east next year will be every weak. 

Let's clear this up before the 2017 season ends. 

1A west

Huntingdon, Lake County, Wayne County, Dresden, Cornersville will be the only 5 with a real shot. My pick is one of the first three teams I mentioned. 

1A East

Greenback and SP with Whitwell as the third best in the east. No one else really has a chance at reaching Cookeville.

49 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

1A west

Huntingdon, Lake County, Wayne County, Dresden, Cornersville will be the only 5 with a real shot. My pick is one of the first three teams I mentioned. 

1A East

Greenback and SP with Whitwell as the third best in the east. No one else really has a chance at reaching Cookeville.

Humboldt was a dumpster fire this year, but, and I mean a BIG BUT; if the right coach goes in there and gets the kids out of the halls (ex. Gaddis at Peabody), then they could be a contender in a hurry.

......how's that for a run-on sentence?

8 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

1A west

1A East

Huntingdon will be good next year. How good I don't know. Got plenty of speed coming back. Line will be bigger and deeper. At least everybody won't be telling us were 3 TDs better than everyone else. Greenback has to overcome that curse!  Hard to win out without a chip on your shoulder. We could never come up with a chip this season.

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Huntingdon will be good next year. How good I don't know. Got plenty of speed coming back. Line will be bigger and deeper. At least everybody won't be telling us were 3 TDs better than everyone else. Greenback has to overcome that curse!  Hard to win out without a chip on your shoulder. We could never come up with a chip this season.

They are one of the largest 1A schools. They will always be in the mix under this alignment. 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:43 AM, lakecounty1968 said:

The west will have Lake County, Huntingdon, Cornersville, Wayne County and Dresden that will battle it out for Cookeville in 2018. Mt. Pleasant, Westwood also could be in the mix. Westwood was the most athletic team LC played in 2017. I would argue that they were as athletic as any team in 1A. In the east Greenback,  So.Pitt are the clear cut favorite.  Whitwell will be a major threat to both Greenback and So.Pitt. interested in who is the dark horse in the east. Possibly Cloudland and Gordonsville just not sure about those two. Also wondering about Fayetteville. They seem to have good athletes. I know Coalfield lost just about the majority of there team but they are also always in the playoffs.  Can they surprise anyone?  2018 is shaping up to be an exciting year. Imo Lake County and So.Pitt will play for the third time next year in Cookeville.  I know Greenback is supposed to be loaded but So Pitt is do to knock them off. Anybody willing to make a way to early prediction on 2018. Forgot Moore County and Jo Byrns.  What will those two schools have to offer?  

Hahaha it starts already. I need to print this one out and hang it in the weight room. The bus has barely pulled back into Greenback carrying the gold ball and you people are already picking South Pittsburg to beat a team that they couldn't this year that only loses 2 lineman! I love it cant wait until all the polls have them ranked ahead of us as well. Greenback 2018 underdogs!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Hahaha it starts already. I need to print this one out and hang it in the weight room. The bus has barely pulled back into Greenback carrying the gold ball and you people are already picking South Pittsburg to beat a team that they couldn't this year that only loses 2 lineman! I love it cant wait until all the polls have them ranked ahead of us as well. Greenback 2018 underdogs!!!!!!

Don't get your panties in a wad. That's a Lake County fan. I haven't seen one SP person pick us. As a matter of fact I didn't see many of us pick our own team this year. Greenback had the most talented 1A team in 2017 and will in 2018.