Greeneville 2018

KEV-O

Yeah I don't think. It will mean much to Greeneville if anything there could be more kid's want to go to the City. People here in the county are very upset about the travel back and forth to school class size and other things. It will help the county team with numbers but going from playing unicoi, Johnson county, Claiborne and people like that. To playing science Hill, DB, Farragut people like that will not be pretty. 

1 hour ago, Greendevil87 said:

Yeah I don't think. It will mean much to Greeneville if anything there could be more kid's want to go to the City. People here in the county are very upset about the travel back and forth to school class size and other things. It will help the county team with numbers but going from playing unicoi, Johnson county, Claiborne and people like that. To playing science Hill, DB, Farragut people like that will not be pretty. 

I can understand how a lot of people in Greene county feel about a "super school" and the travel along with everything else.It's going to be a cluster for a lot of parents and kids up here in Sullivan county with some of those things in a year or two.Far as playing against the big boys go,you never know.A monster Greene county High might be like Jeff county was back a few years ago when they were very tough in football,won the state in 1987 I think it was.I could have very well went to South Greene myself if things would have went a little different.Greene county boys are tough as hail but they have never had anything close to what we have had at GHS with the facilities,coaching and so on.The talent has been there in many sports over the years like baseball and girls basketball at South Greene or Saint James before SG even opened.One great coach in girls basketball put them over the top years ago and who is to say what could happen in football  if Greene county had the right combo like GHS does .It would be nice for the Greene county schools as they are ,to get a lot more money to help with education first as well as sports.My youngest two were lucky to have all the the benefits of a top school like DB for academics and every school in the state should have what Greeneville and DB have to offer in education.Greeneville is special like Maryville in the fact they are getting it done in the class and on the field.Not an easy task.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2017 at 0:58 AM, Greendevil87 said:

That's true you never know what could happen. It seems like. Lot of money not only do they have to build a new school but they will need new athletic venues as well. A new football stadium plus a good coaching staff that it would take to be competitive will not come cheap

Thanks for your thoughts, holidays were a long time ago but ended up being a good one.

It seems that there is some noise, just noise mind you, for more consolidation and more super schools.  Everyone in our upper E. TN area has to admit that attendance school wise isn't going up, it is going down.  The counties have to figure out some answer to be able to compete with other schools academically (as well as athletically of course).  Consolidation "seems" to be the answer that a lot of people are pointing to.

Washington County can make noise, but the only thing that can really be done is if they found a way to make 1 school system for the entire county/city, but why in the world would JC ever want to do that?  I don't blame them.  Their high schools are pretty full, but a super school of almost 3000 students doesn't sound like a good place to be for a county school.

Sullivan is in the same boat.  I am a bit closer to what is going on in the county, but essentially you have enrollment that is going down in every single high school.  Heck, more people are dying in Sullivan County than being born every year.  I know people in the North/South end aren't entirely happy with the new high school, but the amount of money saved by closing down a lot of schools and consolidating just makes sense.  I guess community and tradition have to go by the wayside, because the county just have to find ways to compete with the other systems.  It's just a move that makes sense.  Saving 5-8 million a year via consolidation is a good long term move.

I look at you all and Johnson City as being in the same boat.  Why would you want consolidation? You all pay two sets of taxes, you should reap the benefits (big donations aside).

If any of the county people in any of our areas really want to start playing ball academically with the cities, it all comes down to the amount of money that you can spend to help your kids out.  That not only includes technology, but having a larger staff that can get the job done.  As I see it, they would have to come up with some type of county tax where county citizens are paying a tax that goes directly to education.  People living inside city limits wouldn't pay the tax, but the county residents would.  No one likes more taxes, but money has to come from somewhere if people want to start getting better facilities, teachers, technologies, etc.

Hats off again to your Greene Devils for their season.  I root for one of your opponents, and right now it is a hard pill to swallow when you have Elizabethton and Greeneville on the schedule.  Aside from that, it's pretty cool being part of a conference that is home to the state champs.

I expect Greeneville to be in top once again next seaon. They lose very little starters and i look for them to be better than last year. On top of that we have some realllllyyyy good talent coming up through the school system and it looks like Greeneville is going to continue to be a BIG powerhouse for years to come. 

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Ballard picks up another offer this time from Air Force! Big things happening on the Hill! Goddard is getting big time Sec looks as he should. Rising junior Ty Youngblood looks to be like an SEC player 

Army is recruiting him also yeah? I know at one point he wanted to become a pilot so both those offers are outstanding!

On 2/8/2018 at 9:48 PM, KEV-O said:

Army is recruiting him also yeah? I know at one point he wanted to become a pilot so both those offers are outstanding!

That’s what I’m hearing as well. Many schools have been on the hill. Duke, Kent state, western Michigan etc. offers have been made to hite and Goddard as well as Ballard 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2018 at 10:47 PM, DevilMan03 said:

Hite and Goddard are getting a lot of looks. Big time looks as well!!!

Hard Work is Paying off and I expect more offers to come.  Hite Currently has offers from Kent State, Austin Peay, UTC, Furman,  Air Force,   Western Ky., and EKU  Goddard has offers from UTC, UTSA, Central Michigan, Austin Peay, UVA and getting an invite to the Nike Invitational and a 3 star rating 

Edited by Swipes
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...