Girls HS ball in Tennessee

dmm88

22 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

The product doesn't look good right now IMO. So what's the fix??? More classifications, a shot clock, referee training, like anything that you feel would improve the brand.

I have to disagree. TN is the most respected state in the country right now. Riverdale is #1 is most all polls for the 3rd year in a row. This comes after Blackman has a 2 yr run at #1. So a 5 year run at the country’s best team.

Hamilton Heights - a top team in all the polls and played in the Dicks Sporting Goods National champ game on ESPN last year. 

Several other teams usually ranked very highly in regional rankings.

Multiple McDonalds All Americans each year. Naismith and Gatorade player of the year winners and nominees. 

These type of awards don’t happen unless the hoop games are strong with incredible talent recognized by all areas of the country.

CA, TX and TN are also the top 3 AAU/ Exposure team states for recruiting. 

I have to agree girls basketball is well and strong in 8 aa.  we have Baxter and Macon County they both made the state tournament Baxter of course won . I. think basketball is pretty good here and it is sure fun to watch unless you're on the short end of the stick lol

Edited by scatback

Basketball in West Tennessee is WAY down... but statewide, it is very competitive. With me being from West TN, I wished the basketball was better than what it was, but right now, it's not... Westview is the cream of the crop out here, and it's not even close - basically sleep walking through these games. 

Greenfield has a good team, and hopefully for this region's sake, they pull through and make it to the state tournament.

Basketball statewide is in great shape... Fortunately, I get to see a lot of these teams across the state. I would say Tennessee is a top 5 state right now in terms of girls basketball. A lot of really good teams!

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

Basketball in West Tennessee is WAY down... but statewide, it is very competitive. With me being from West TN, I wished the basketball was better than what it was, but right now, it's not... Westview is the cream of the crop out here, and it's not even close - basically sleep walking through these games. 

Greenfield has a good team, and hopefully for this region's sake, they pull through and make it to the state tournament.

Basketball statewide is in great shape... Fortunately, I get to see a lot of these teams across the state. I would say Tennessee is a top 5 state right now in terms of girls basketball. A lot of really good teams!

Talent? or Team wise?