6A

This final week is a big week for the seedling purposes. The top 4 teams will all advance and that is where it gets interesting. I think Jackson County will come into the tournament on a 6 game winning streak as I see them beating Monterey and Clay at home this week and whomever they play in the first round.  All 4 teams are very good and both of the semi final game will be great match ups no matter who plays whom.  Getting opposite VanBuren (only for this year) will be key as they have the best team in the region in my opinion. They are the only team on the other side that has a chance to win a game in the region tournament.  It would be hard to go up there and win on the road.  This is the first year in a long time I can remember being excited about so many different games. Glad I’ll be watching and not coaching it’s not nearly as nerve wracking lol. Good luck to all the teams out there!  I’ll be pulling for my two favorites in the championship games. Clay vs Jackson County! Maybe I could get my boys to come to that one!!

I have Dawson Abbott from Pickett co. Has MVP of the district.  I wanted to see Monterey play before I posted my opinion.  Big guy is a nice offensive player but he was not even on the floor during most of 4th qtr.  I think has a coach you have to do more to get ready for Abbott than any other player in district.  I also believe district tournament is wide open.  Monterey should win it but they are not a dominating team  and can be beaten by anyone after they get to a neutral floor.  Looking forward to tournaments.

19 hours ago, mrbasketball said:

I have Dawson Abbott from Pickett co. Has MVP of the district.  I wanted to see Monterey play before I posted my opinion.  Big guy is a nice offensive player but he was not even on the floor during most of 4th qtr.  I think has a coach you have to do more to get ready for Abbott than any other player in district.  I also believe district tournament is wide open.  Monterey should win it but they are not a dominating team  and can be beaten by anyone after they get to a neutral floor.  Looking forward to tournaments.

Agreed.  Abbott is the best player in District 6A this year.  So as i see it the district seedings are set for the most part.  

JC vs Clarkrange in the 4/5 match up.... I'll take Jackson County at home by 12

Clay vs RBS in the 3/6 match up... I'll take Clay at home by the same margin 12

Pickett Co. vs TC in the 2/7 match up... PC at home by 20

Monterey vs Gordonsville in the 1/8... Monterey at home by 14

On to the semi's

JC vs Monterey in the 1/4 match up... I'll take Monterey by 5 in a close one

Clay vs Pickett Co.  in the 2/3 match up.. This one should be a dandy.  I'll take Clay Co. by 1 at the buzzer

14 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Agreed.  Abbott is the best player in District 6A this year.  So as i see it the district seedings are set for the most part.  

JC vs Clarkrange in the 4/5 match up.... I'll take Jackson County at home by 12

Clay vs RBS in the 3/6 match up... I'll take Clay at home by the same margin 12

Pickett Co. vs TC in the 2/7 match up... PC at home by 20

Monterey vs Gordonsville in the 1/8... Monterey at home by 14

On to the semi's

JC vs Monterey in the 1/4 match up... I'll take Monterey by 5 in a close one

Clay vs Pickett Co.  in the 2/3 match up.. This one should be a dandy.  I'll take Clay Co. by 1 at the buzzer

If I am not wrong, if Pickett and Clay both win tonight, they would have a coin flip for the 2/3. However, besides that I think you are correct.