Region 1-A

BasketballMechanic1

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

Reminds me of the home game we had against Hampton in 2013.  We ran each other into the ground.  The score was in the 80's and we were beat.  91 lander's oldest boy drives to the goal and lays it in at the buzzer and we go to OT.  We wound up winning but I forget the score.  Both teams had plenty of depth and loved to run and gun.  Back in those days cloudland would get down by 25 points and come back to win.  I remember being down 38-16 at  half time against south greene and we wound up winning 76-59.  It was a lot of fun watching basketball when Carp was coach

Coby never lost to Cland in  basketball or FB....he was a soph 2013/14...so what in the wide world of sports are you talking about King? :shock:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 2012/13 season he would have freshman, you are correct...He didnt play basketball that season, he was working for football.

His sophomore year forward,  we didn't lose a game in either sport to cland....IMO, the best of games were when Little played against Hyden and that bunch 2009 thru 11. They were knock down, drag outs....Literally 

'11, both teams ended up at the boro

On 2/25/2018 at 8:24 AM, uknoit2 said:

Best part of last night was oldeagle coming over and talking FOOTBALL! Lol

Honestly, it was a good game between two even teams IMO...As I said, their advantage was #15...He did what he wanted on the block and could step back and drain it...By the way other Eagle players, he's also the only basketball player that plays football! SMH.

Its always good to talk with ya man! If our big man can have another good night I like our chances against N.G. With all the injuries we have had late in the season we definitely go as he does!

11 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

The 2012/13 season he would have freshman, you are correct...He didnt play basketball that season, he was working for football.

His sophomore year forward,  we didn't lose a game in either sport to cland....IMO, the best of games were when Little played against Hyden and that bunch 2009 thru 11. They were knock down, drag outs....Literally 

'11, both teams ended up at the boro

Yes. 11 was the last time we won at van huss. 

20 hours ago, ladykee said:

If you are referring to this team as a whole yes we lost 2 starters to graduation. If you are referring to the 3 players OnB mentioned they aren’t going anywhere yet lol. Cullen is a Junior. Bailey & Willis are Sophomores. They will have help off bench next year so 2018-19 looks to be a good season. UH’s biggest contributors point wise was a Freshman & Sophomore yikes!!!!

I've noticed that Greenback is improving in round ball.

On 2/26/2018 at 9:46 AM, rtl112 said:

I've noticed that Greenback is improving in round ball.

Well I have said the last 2 years we are another player or two from really competing. This year we got that extra player or two we needed on the court to start 5 strong basketball players! Football kills us lol but these boys adapted well and a lot faster this season. We just need to go a little deeper or stay out of foul trouble to win these big post season games down the stretch. I know football makes it hard on Coalfield too or any 1A school that has success that carries teams deep into November.

21 hours ago, ladykee said:

Well I have said the last 2 years we are another player or two from really competing. This year we got that extra player or two we needed on the court to start 5 strong basketball players! Football kills us lol but these boys adapted well and a lot faster this season. We just need to go a little deeper or stay out of foul trouble to win these big post season games down the stretch. I know football makes it hard on Coalfield too or any 1A school that has success that carries teams deep into November.

If you all can build up your basketball program, it will only help everyone else in district 2.  The reason district 1 has dominated is the intense competition we give each other every week.  However, I did not expect north greene to dominate cosby and I did not expect Sullivan north to beat UH.  North has really come on and wouldn't surprise me to see them take North Greene to the wire.  Its kind of weird having a regional championship with cland and htown.  We dominated region 1 for so long, I guess I never thought it would end. 

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

If you all can build up your basketball program, it will only help everyone else in district 2.  The reason district 1 has dominated is the intense competition we give each other every week.  However, I did not expect north greene to dominate cosby and I did not expect Sullivan north to beat UH.  North has really come on and wouldn't surprise me to see them take North Greene to the wire.  Its kind of weird having a regional championship with cland and htown.  We dominated region 1 for so long, I guess I never thought it would end. 

King, every program has down years...Dont know if I can survive many more tho!

And remember, we're not getting the transfers other programs enjoy. The exchange student and boy from Asheville at NG makes that team a totally different animal 

Edited by uknoit2