Region 1-A

BasketballMechanic1

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

In 2013, cloudland lost by 4 to wartburg in substate. They went on to win the gold ball.  As far as uh goes, they don't match up well with north greene.  And Sullivan north is really playing well

Wartburg lost to Humbolt in the semis if my mind serves me correct.Made a couple of state appearences.My son graduated in 10 and thats when WB had a stud Freshman that tool WB on a four year ride #15 and could literally jump out of the gym!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best part of last night was oldeagle coming over and talking FOOTBALL! Lol

Honestly, it was a good game between two even teams IMO...As I said, their advantage was #15...He did what he wanted on the block and could step back and drain it...By the way other Eagle players, he's also the only basketball player that plays football! SMH.

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

The glaring difference to me was the inability to run a half court set,when you have they players we have and the size difference you cant get sucked into a run and gun style game.Yes we dont have alot of depth BUT that makes  no difference when you have 6'6,6'3,6'2 etc to a bunch of mites and we play so undisciplined.This team is a state tournament team with a coach that knows what he is doing period!I have watched tons of great basketball on the AAU curcuit and this is a very talented team.Cullen could play for anyone!Bailey needs one on one coaching and he could be one of the best players in the state,not to mention Holden a 6'3 kid that can handle the ball like he can is a threat from anywhere but again he needs someone to reel him in and work with him.FUNDAMENTALS lost this game.You all may dissagree but even with the officials being slap happy we should have still won by 20.University had a game plan and that was to run it and make us chase and we did,when you play like that the fouls pile up.Just my honest opinion.LOL.I really like this group of kids just need some leadership.

They gone now.

2 hours ago, rtl112 said:

They gone now.

If you are referring to this team as a whole yes we lost 2 starters to graduation. If you are referring to the 3 players OnB mentioned they aren’t going anywhere yet lol. Cullen is a Junior. Bailey & Willis are Sophomores. They will have help off bench next year so 2018-19 looks to be a good season. UH’s biggest contributors point wise was a Freshman & Sophomore yikes!!!!

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

The glaring difference to me was the inability to run a half court set,when you have they players we have and the size difference you cant get sucked into a run and gun style game.Yes we dont have alot of depth BUT that makes  no difference when you have 6'6,6'3,6'2 etc to a bunch of mites and we play so undisciplined.This team is a state tournament team with a coach that knows what he is doing period!I have watched tons of great basketball on the AAU curcuit and this is a very talented team.Cullen could play for anyone!Bailey needs one on one coaching and he could be one of the best players in the state,not to mention Holden a 6'3 kid that can handle the ball like he can is a threat from anywhere but again he needs someone to reel him in and work with him.FUNDAMENTALS lost this game.You all may dissagree but even with the officials being slap happy we should have still won by 20.University had a game plan and that was to run it and make us chase and we did,when you play like that the fouls pile up.Just my honest opinion.LOL.I really like this group of kids just need some leadership.

If I hollered SLOW IT DOWN once I yelled a hundred times! Yes that is discipline to do your thing and not let them decide the tempo. Heck at one point half our stands were yelling to slow down. We had a lead and looked like the ground was on fire underneath us. It led to fouls and out tongues hanging out in the 4th which really affected our defense. 2 starters never got a break & if not for the foul trouble I doubt the other 3 would have. We jumped out on UH just like in the Cosby game with the difference being we slowed our offense down and didn’t continue running & gunning the entire game. We had moments where we would run & many other moments where we ran half court set. So I may have to correct myself from an earlier post. In that respect we managed the Cosby district championship game much better. 

Reminds me of the home game we had against Hampton in 2013.  We ran each other into the ground.  The score was in the 80's and we were beat.  91 lander's oldest boy drives to the goal and lays it in at the buzzer and we go to OT.  We wound up winning but I forget the score.  Both teams had plenty of depth and loved to run and gun.  Back in those days cloudland would get down by 25 points and come back to win.  I remember being down 38-16 at  half time against south greene and we wound up winning 76-59.  It was a lot of fun watching basketball when Carp was coach

1 hour ago, ladykee said:

If I hollered SLOW IT DOWN once I yelled a hundred times! Yes that is discipline to do your thing and not let them decide the tempo. Heck at one point half our stands were yelling to slow down. We had a lead and looked like the ground was on fire underneath us. It led to fouls and out tongues hanging out in the 4th which really affected our defense. 2 starters never got a break & if not for the foul trouble I doubt the other 3 would have. We jumped out on UH just like in the Cosby game with the difference being we slowed our offense down and didn’t continue running & gunning the entire game. We had moments where we would run & many other moments where we ran half court set. So I may have to correct myself from an earlier post. In that respect we managed the Cosby district championship game much better. 

I dont think I've ever seen so much talent on one of our teams at one time. When (if) we learn to control it and we can teach them we will be hard to handle. As the coalfield poster posted earlier though we are done, for this year anyway it definitely was a fun game to watch but very frustrating.

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Now that is something in its own right!

It was one of the rare occasions that Dylan McClellan, Taylor Whitehead, and Zac Potter all got on fire at the same time.  With us and Hampton being that good,  you couldn't hear yourself think in our little gym when we played each other