BasketballMechanic1

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Did my boys pull off a huge upset???Or did i read it wrong?

at this point i dont know that it was an upset...Your fellas at greenback have been playing really well down the stretch and we were down 2 starters. I said early on that once Greenbacks Football kids got their basketball legs they would be tough to beat.

21 minutes ago, old24eagle said:

at this point i dont know that it was an upset...Your fellas at greenback have been playing really well down the stretch and we were down 2 starters. I said early on that once Greenbacks Football kids got their basketball legs they would be tough to beat.

Wow! That's great news for us, thank you for filling me in

23 minutes ago, Dawgfan88 said:

Really, this will be a really interesting first round. None of the District 1 teams are push overs. I know Cosby at home will be TOUGH, but Hampton could do it.  I'll really be interested too in how the Greenback-University High game turns out. UH is talented, and QUICK.

We should handle this 

11 hours ago, Dawgfan88 said:

Really, this will be a really interesting first round. None of the District 1 teams are push overs. I know Cosby at home will be TOUGH, but Hampton could do it.  I'll really be interested too in how the Greenback-University High game turns out. UH is talented, and QUICK.

When we are healthy we will be a tough out for anybody, Greenback is long and athletic, Hancock is scrappy and confident, Jellico has 1 kid who can beat you by his self if you let him....I think all 4 high seeds win this weekend although i have to admit i am afraid we are the high seed with the best chance to not advance..

From what games I have seen I think it is wide open all the way across the board. All 4 games could be tight, it's according to what teams show up.

If Cosby is healthy they can beat Hampton, especially at home, and its according to which Hampton team shows up.From what I've seen they are pretty young, but I also heard that Cosby's best player may be out. This could be a toss up. 

I think North Greene handles Jellico @ home. Playing very solid here lately, I don't think Jellico has a lot this season.

I got to see Hancock for the first time this year a few weeks back, much improved from the last few years, really scrappy with a good young coach. I think they can give Sullivan some trouble, did they beat them earlier in the year?

Greenback has all kinds of size and athletic ability, but U high is quick and scrappy. If they play fast and take care of the ball this could be a 4 over 1 upset. But they do have to travel like 3 hours soooooo......

Good luck to all teams, should be a fun tournament, I hope to be in attendance! 

This Greenback team is probably one of the tallest teams we’ve had that I’ve seen. 6’6” Center, 6’3” Small Forward, 6’4 Shooting Guard and two of these players are only 15 years old!! However, the laws of basketball say you do need more than just size to win. But, I believe this is where we have the advantage vs UH. They are a quick team and they could give us a couple problems with that, but I don’t believe they have the height down low like GB does. Watched film on them and they have a few shooters and a very smooth ball handler. Looking for it to be a competitive game with GB winning in the end (hopefully).