Keep over looking Douglass High in 1A

LOLMEMPHIS

12 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

dmm...you really think so? I haven't had the luxury of seeing Douglass, so I can't speak on them...the op doesn't seem to think anybody outside of Memphis has a chance. 

you guys remember that state championship press a few years back from Craigmont in 3A? Douglass has the same pressure in 1A now. Sooner or later a team folds under the pressure. A team would have to be 7-8 guards deep to handle that pressure for four quarters. I saw Middleton twice this season. Ty Parks plus the other two ball handlers is not nearly enough. Middleton/s bench is not close to Douglass. Middleton's coach is better then Douglass. As far as players he don't have enough guard play to beat Douglass. 

2 hours ago, LOLMEMPHIS said:

you guys remember that state championship press a few years back from Craigmont in 3A? Douglass has the same pressure in 1A now. Sooner or later a team folds under the pressure. A team would have to be 7-8 guards deep to handle that pressure for four quarters. I saw Middleton twice this season. Ty Parks plus the other two ball handlers is not nearly enough. Middleton/s bench is not close to Douglass. Middleton's coach is better then Douglass. As far as players he don't have enough guard play to beat Douglass. 

Ok

On 2/23/2018 at 11:27 AM, tonym3143 said:

Totally different Middleton team than when we played MAHS...just saying

is it the same team that played HB at Middleton and HaYWOOD AT mIDDLETON? If so I have seen this team! One of the guards in the backcourt get in foul trouble vs Douglass and it will be a blowout!!! 

2 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

Well, if you gotta have 7or 8 good guards to beat Douglass...fouls won't even matter. Nobody has 7 or 8 good guards. heck, how'd y'all lose to Cordova? They ain't even that deep. We probably should just give up and let Douglass have the state berth.

I think Cordova has a guard... What's his name? Oh, Tyler Harris.

When all a team has to hang their hat on is pressure then that's not a good team. Someone will be able to handle it and they'll be in trouble.

9 hours ago, LOLMEMPHIS said:

helloooooooo I tried to tell you guys! lol Memphis 1A ball is very different this year! Both substate games ended in blowout fashion! 

Brother,  1A ball in Memphis is a beast every year!!  Whether it’s BTW, Mitchell, Douglass, Westwood, etc, etc it’s always a gauntlet.  There will always be at least two 1A teams in Memphis that’s has to be dealt with.  In 2014 and 2016 the finals were played by two Memphis teams.   The only hope teams outside Memphis has is the potential poor shooting in the big arena in Mboro.  Sometimes they struggle shooting and you may have a half chance otherwise look out!   Good luck to MASE and Douglass!  I predict Douglass wins it all and I won’t be surprised if it’s an all Memphis final. 

44 minutes ago, Intense said:

Brother,  1A ball in Memphis is a beast every year!!  Whether it’s BTW, Mitchell, Douglass, Westwood, etc, etc it’s always a gauntlet.  There will always be at least two 1A teams in Memphis that’s has to be dealt with.  In 2014 and 2016 the finals were played by two Memphis teams.   The only hope teams outside Memphis has is the potential poor shooting in the big arena in Mboro.  Sometimes they struggle shooting and you may have a half chance otherwise look out!   Good luck to MASE and Douglass!  I predict Douglass wins it all and I won’t be surprised if it’s an all Memphis final. 

How many transfers did Douglas get this year?