Macon Co. vs. McMinn Central

tssaafan

1 minute ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Bullington will be a big loss for them.  Not as big as losing Levy and Hurst but them losing her will hurt. I still believe Upperman will be just fine next year.  Their big post will be more experienced next year and they have loads of talent coming in.  

I think Upperman will be good next year too, just not seasoned enough to beat Macon or Cumberland.  You must be watching a different Macon team than I have.  I have watched them play 20 times this year and they will not miss Bullington much other than depth.  King is better right now IMO...

Just now, Footballguru05 said:

LOL!  If anyone can honestly get on here and say Upperman will be anything close next year to what they are this year is kidding themselves.  Upperman has some nice players and they will be a strong team, but take Levy and older Hurst off this year's team and you finish in the middle of the pack in this district.

There is no comparing what Upperman's young girls and what Macon's young girls contribute each night.  Macon's team runs through a sophomore and a freshman.  Upperman team runs through two girls that will not be back next year. 

That’s why Brooks and young Hurst are top scorers almost every game.  They are freshmen. Riley was injured the first half of the season.  Who do think was playing then? You obviously haven’t seen many Upperman games.   

3 minutes ago, Footballguru05 said:

I think Upperman will be good next year too, just not seasoned enough to beat Macon or Cumberland.  You must be watching a different Macon team than I have.  I have watched them play 20 times this year and they will not miss Bullington much other than depth.  King is better right now IMO...

I guess we will see next year.  It will be fun to watch I know that. 

4 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

That’s why Brooks and young Hurst are top scorers almost every game.  They are freshmen. Riley was injured the first half of the season.  Who do think was playing then? You obviously haven’t seen many Upperman games.   

You are crazy.  Who do you think made them get open looks?  I will give you hint, she will not be back next year.  NOBODY has come into a game this year looking to stop the younger Hurst or Brooks.  Both are good players and will be a force in the coming years, however neither will ever be what Levy is.  Take Levy off your team and Macon wins the district this year.  That is not a knock on any Upperman players, Levy is just that good.

Edited by Footballguru05

You are crazy.  Who do you think made them get open looks?  I will give you hint, she will not be back next year.  NOBODY has come into a game this year looking to stop the younger Hurst or Brooks.  Both are good players and will be a force in the coming years, however neither will ever be what Levy is.  Take Levy off your team and Macon wins the district this year. 

Funny how Macon didn’t beat these same girls in middle school.  How many Upperman games have you seen?  The 4 Macon lost! 

5 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Funny how Macon didn’t beat these same girls in middle school.  How many Upperman games have you seen?  The 4 Macon lost! 

I do not take much from Jr. High Basketball.  You even mentioned that earlier when saying not to judge the younger Levy off Jr. High...  I saw all four Macon losses and will say again, it would most likely be 4 Macon wins without Levy.  She completely changes a team's game plan and makes every one of her teammates better.  I assure you Upperman has a very talented team, but take Levy off and you are just like everyone else in AA and probably not as good as Macon or Cumberland.  That is judging off what I have seen in high school and not Jr. High.  Again, not a knock at any Upperman players, but Levy is that special.  Upperman definitely could prove me wrong, as girls do get better from year to year.  I am solely judging off what I saw this year.

1 minute ago, Footballguru05 said:

I do not take much from Jr. High Basketball.  You even mentioned that earlier when saying not to judge the younger Levy off Jr. High...  I saw all four Macon losses and will say again, it would most likely be 4 Macon wins without Levy.  She completely changes a team's game plan and makes every one of her teammates better.  I assure you Upperman has a very talented team, but take Levy off and you are just like everyone else in AA and probably not as good as Macon or Cumberland.  That is judging off what I have seen in high school and not Jr. High.  Again, not a knock at any Upperman players, but Levy is that special.  Upperman definitely could prove me wrong, as girls do get better from year to year.  I am solely judging off what I saw this year.

Levy is a one in a million kid all around.  She is special for sure.  What I am saying is take Akira her freshman year compare that to Aiyana now, Aiyana is better than Akira at that age.  I think Upperman will surprise people for sure next year.  

2 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Levy is a one in a million kid all around.  She is special for sure.  What I am saying is take Akira her freshman year compare that to Aiyana now, Aiyana is better than Akira at that age.  I think Upperman will surprise people for sure next year.  

If that is true, then you will prove all of us wrong.  I will stick with my opinion for now, Macon and Cumberland are the two teams representing Region 4 in the substate next year.  That is just due to experience and maturity.  I suspect neither will want to see Upperman in a Regional semifinal game by that time of year in 2019, especially if the younger Levy is that good.  I have not seen her play and didn't see Akira play in Jr. High, so we will see this time next year. 

If that is true, then you will prove all of us wrong.  I will stick with my opinion for now, Macon and Cumberland are the two teams representing Region 4 in the substate next year.  That is just due to experience and maturity.  I suspect neither will want to see Upperman in a Regional semifinal game by that time of year in 2019, especially if the younger Levy is that good.  I have not seen her play and didn't see Akira play in Jr. High, so we will see this time next year. 

Yes, we will definitely see.

6 hours ago, repoman said:

Most championship teams have a superstar (Just like most teams at state),luckily Upperman has Levy. If the girl from meigs doesn't get in a zone and hit everything she shot ,meigs gets boat raced by 40 be greatful she kept it respectable and for some reason give you an opportunity to run your mouth.

Run my mouth lol. I made a simple statement. It sounds like if someone doesn't agree with you. You get upset. The fact is if you know anything about basketball. You would know that Upperman is not even close to the same team without Akira. And as for the young Meigs girls getting in a zone. She plays pretty much the same way every game. And she's just a sophomore and she scored her 1000 points about 7 games ago. I guess we can all agree it's a 5 team race.  Meigs and McMinn Central should be in substate again. The question is well it be Cumberland County Upperman or Macon. All 3 are good teams 

5 hours ago, Footballguru05 said:

You are crazy.  Who do you think made them get open looks?  I will give you hint, she will not be back next year.  NOBODY has come into a game this year looking to stop the younger Hurst or Brooks.  Both are good players and will be a force in the coming years, however neither will ever be what Levy is.  Take Levy off your team and Macon wins the district this year.  That is not a knock on any Upperman players, Levy is just that good.

Ok take Carter off Macon team and Levy off Upperman team? Who wins?  Upperman does. Ok take older Hurst and Bullington off as well. Who wins Upperman ,they did 3 times in middle school last year. The freshman at Upperman are not relied on like the freshman at Macon.  Basically the freshman at Upperman have not been let loose to play like Macon freshman have. Macon is favorite next year I agree with that.

5 hours ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Now that is not fair to say , little sister is not better than big sister,that's a fact (at same age or whatever). There will never be another basketball player with Akira skill set for a long time if ever period, regardless of what biased observations we may hear.

Edited by repoman
Spell