AA state tournament

swipper

6 minutes ago, tomthetiger said:

That's fine and we'll. The thing is every night in the Memphis area you play a tough game. Memphis teams go up against and beat some of the best teams in the country. It is a meat grinder here. Early in the year East and Hamilton beat some the best in the U.S. East is ranked in the top 25 and Hamilton in the top 250. The talent level here is awesome. Two metro schools, West Memphis, Arkansas and Olive Branch, Mississippi are playing for their state titles. Basketball is King here. Whitehaven in AAA and MASE in class A are good.

West Tennessee has the best basketball in the state

. All of Memphis. Then you got Bolivar, the Jackson schools. Munford, just to name a few.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Alcoa and Fulton has just as much tradition if not more than Hamilton. 

NOT ON A NATIONAL LEVEL. HAVE THEY EVER BEEN RANKED BY USA TODAY AND 0R unapproved website?/  DON'T TRY TO COMPARE THEM TO US. THEY DON'T PLAY IN TOUGH MEMPHIS. IT IS VERY HARD TO GET OUT OF HERE. HAVE ANY OF THEM BEATEN OAK HILL, , NORCROSS ,GA. AAA ACADEMY, TX., WHITNEY YOUNG OUT OF CHICAGO? 

Edited by tomthetiger
MISTAKE

21 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Can't argue with your picks but region 2AA is very competitive and usually has a very good team year to year. Strength of schedule for Alcoa and Fulton are higher than their competitors. I would think one of these teams would win their opening round game but anything is possible. 6 of our losses came against Fulton, Powell, and Webb. All state qualifiers in their respective classifications. We have wins against Grace Christain, Fulton, and Maryville. If we wasn't so young I would definitely pick us to win but who knows how we'll react once we start playing. We start 1 senior, 2 juniors and 2 sophomores. We have 4-5 freshman that typically play and 2 juniors as well. Freshman class is very good. Having said that my picks to opening round. 

Hamilton

Alcoa

Fulton 

Stratford

I JUST LOOKED UP FULTON AND Alcoa's STATE TOURNEY HISTORY. IMPRESSIVE. Still are they a nationally known like Hamilton hoops is?

Memphis is a different beast I will agree almost like a junior college that recruits but there is enough talent to go around out there .,but it's still decided on the court .,.. I would love to see a Hamilton and eithier Fulton or Stratford final . I give Alcoa edge over Livingston but then Hamilton probably gets them ..Stratford has size and number 1 is a special and electrifying guard who has to stay on the floor or they lose first game . Fulton better shooting team than Stratford but I don't think they match up well size wise . 

29 minutes ago, B52bomber3 said:

Memphis is a different beast I will agree almost like a junior college that recruits but there is enough talent to go around out there .,but it's still decided on the court .,.. I would love to see a Hamilton and eithier Fulton or Stratford final . I give Alcoa edge over Livingston but then Hamilton probably gets them ..Stratford has size and number 1 is a special and electrifying guard who has to stay on the floor or they lose first game . Fulton better shooting team than Stratford but I don't think they match up well size wise . 

you know what Hamilton did to Pearl-Cohn earlier and you know Maplewood canceled their game with Hamilton.

44 minutes ago, B52bomber3 said:

Memphis is a different beast, much respect to them, and I don't think there is any question one of their teams is the favorite in each classification. The great thing about a tournament is in a one game scenario anything can happen. Fulton is as well coached as anyone in the state with athletes galore. The moment will not be too big for them either.  As for Alcoa, though their coaching is extremely limited, if #3 decides to share the ball (which is rare) both #4 and #10 can absolutely stroke it from three. If they can get shots and get hot then an upset over Hamilton is not out of the question (provided they get there). The three ball can be a great equalizer in a one game scenario.

6 minutes ago, TradgicallyHip said:

Memphis is a different beast, much respect to them, and I don't think there is any question one of their teams is the favorite in each classification. The great thing about a tournament is in a one game scenario anything can happen. Fulton is as well coached as anyone in the state with athletes galore. The moment will not be too big for them either.  As for Alcoa, though their coaching is extremely limited, if #3 decides to share the ball (which is rare) both #4 and #10 can absolutely stroke it from three. If they can get shots and get hot then an upset over Hamilton is not out of the question (provided they get there). The three ball can be a great equalizer in a one game scenario.

We will see!!!!

Edited by tomthetiger

8 hours ago, tomthetiger said:

NOT ON A NATIONAL LEVEL. HAVE THEY EVER BEEN RANKED BY USA TODAY AND 0R unapproved website?/  DON'T TRY TO COMPARE THEM TO US. THEY DON'T PLAY IN TOUGH MEMPHIS. IT IS VERY HARD TO GET OUT OF HERE. HAVE ANY OF THEM BEATEN OAK HILL, , NORCROSS ,GA. AAA ACADEMY, TX., WHITNEY YOUNG OUT OF CHICAGO? 

You can have your National exposure, I want a state championship. That's the only thing that really matters. Apparently your knowledge of teams outside of Memphis is kneel. Everyone on here knows Memphis has excelled in basketball the last 25 years and your probably right that the Memphis school should be the favorites. All I was trying to say is district 4 (region2) has always done well in the state tournament. If you look at the last 30 years in 2AA, I believe district 2 has had the most team in the state tournament than any other district.  Might want to check that out. 

Also we have won games over national ranked opponents before. It was a few years ago but we did make the USA Today paper for winning a Christmas Tournament in Orlando. We were the best team in 2AA that year but wasn't healthy when we rolled into the state tournament.  

7 hours ago, TradgicallyHip said:

#3 will be just fine. He just needs to help make his teammates better. If he does that and we shoot it good watch out... Remember he is just a sophomore. Also you better get us this year because we will be very good the next 3 years.