AA state tournament

swipper

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, nebuntyn said:

This is almost 3 years ago. What’s your point?

The point was Hamilton was not 39-0 in 2015 like someone stated.  Someone else stated it also wasn't Hamilton that played an ineligible player that it was Ridgeway (Which again was wrong ).

5 hours ago, Swipes said:

The point was Hamilton was not 39-0 in 2015 like someone stated.  Someone else stated it also wasn't Hamilton that played an ineligible player that it was Ridgeway (Which again was wrong ).

They were 39-0 in the mid 2000s. 05 or 06. The 15 team might have been undefeated if not for the ineligible player. I don’t think they lost a game on the court.

5 minutes ago, toinemac said:

They were 39-0 in the mid 2000s. 05 or 06. The 15 team might have been undefeated if not for the ineligible player. I don’t think they lost a game on the court.

They lost one game to Memphis East in 2015.  Not saying they weren't a great team just not Undefeated like someone had stated in 15 because of using a player that had already been in school 8 semesters.  Trust me I know how good that 05-06 team was because they beat me in the Quarter finals in the glass house by 18 pts .  We thought we had a chance only being down 2 at half time.  I'm pretty sure their starting 5 all went on to play Division 1 basketball

17 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Alcoa is a dangerous team. 

We will see RebelRon. I just hope our kids don’t get caught up in being there. We’re really young so who knows but we get by the first round you never know. This team reminds me of the 65 team that nobody expected to even be in the state tournament and they finished Runner-up. 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, TradgicallyHip said:

The general consensus seems to be when #3 allows others to participate in the offense Alcoa is a tough out for anyone. When he goes out looking to stuff the stat sheet they are mediocre at best. Also seems that #3 is the one to make the decision as to which it will be. Fulton baited Alcoa to play the latter in the Regional Final and they took it hook, line and sinker! Game over! Best of luck to them in the tourney though.

Memphis schools 2-0 on the day in blowouts

Sorry . Most players are not even from where they are playing . I know some kids on Memphis aren't from Memphis . I know kids on Blackmon aren't from around there . It's just the way it is today . Look at mr basketball last year in AA he played at four different schools I believe in five years . His dad money moved him to different spot til found the right one . It's all about showcasing your talent if u have it in the right style where you get noticed . Sad fact it's that way . If life is all about that I would send my kid to play for penny also .,I would have more respect for my kid than that and teach him to do your best to use your talent to make players around you better and thrive in your community and if u get noticed great there is more to life then basketball . Yes loved my time playing in state tournament finals but everybody on our team wasn't players brought in from other areas . 

8 hours ago, B52bomber3 said:

Sorry . Most players are not even from where they are playing . I know some kids on Memphis aren't from Memphis . I know kids on Blackmon aren't from around there . It's just the way it is today . Look at mr basketball last year in AA he played at four different schools I believe in five years . His dad money moved him to different spot til found the right one . It's all about showcasing your talent if u have it in the right style where you get noticed . Sad fact it's that way . If life is all about that I would send my kid to play for penny also .,I would have more respect for my kid than that and teach him to do your best to use your talent to make players around you better and thrive in your community and if u get noticed great there is more to life then basketball . Yes loved my time playing in state tournament finals but everybody on our team wasn't players brought in from other areas . 

If your child can play seriously at the next level, playing for the most competitive high school program just makes sense. However, the shoe companies and AAU run college basketball, not high school basketball. It's what you do in the summer that gets colleges to offer scholarships. Not high school. If you aren't a major D-1 talent, then it doesn't matter. The coaches in Memphis at the public schools are trying to get their players in college on scholarships. D-1 or not. 

5 hours ago, kwc said:

If your child can play seriously at the next level, playing for the most competitive high school program just makes sense. However, the shoe companies and AAU run college basketball, not high school basketball. It's what you do in the summer that gets colleges to offer scholarships. Not high school. If you aren't a major D-1 talent, then it doesn't matter. The coaches in Memphis at the public schools are trying to get their players in college on scholarships. D-1 or not. 

sadly high school hoops is not for the best players anymore. Most compete with their high school team but really focus on the AAU summer games.

On 3/14/2018 at 0:01 PM, Springbrookrat said:

We will see RebelRon. I just hope our kids don’t get caught up in being there. We’re really young so who knows but we get by the first round you never know. This team reminds me of the 65 team that nobody expected to even be in the state tournament and they finished Runner-up. 

Hamilton rolls.