Greeneville @ DB

3 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

I don’t expect a Dobyns-Bennet fan to understand. It’s something Greeneville has grown into and the love for the grind.

The Culture change started in 2007 when Coach McCurry was hired and Ballard came back to take over the O (Ballard told my senior class he would be back to coach us for our senior year)  Coach McCurry's demand a new weight room before he would take the greeneville job and brought Coach Bentley with him to coach the Oline.  Devil Camp started and missing workouts or practices wasn't acceptable anymore.  Went from missing the play-offs to making the Quarter finals and started the current streak of conference championships won.  A lot of that staff is still at Greeneville (Ballard, Bentley, Spradlen, Hammonds).  The Devils knew what hardwork could get them.  Greeneville isn't quite Maryville but the culture will stay and will always be a tough out for anyone

• Upvote 1

If your going to make a prediction,go big......In the event Dobyns Bennett wins this game,I will ago ahead and congratulate my own former Indians and all the Tribe family.In advance I will also say this.It was a well played game and not a shock that it happened because Dobyns Bennett has had this game circled since last years game.If you would have ask anyone in Burley stadium last year just before that DB fumble in the first half,would you give DB atleast 10 more points in the second half and bet a million dollars on Greeneville right now.You might have gotten one yes,but he would have probably been drunk....Now,in the event Greeneville wins this game.I will go ahead and congratulate myself and all the Devil family and say this in advance.It's not a shock that Greeneville came to Kingsport and beat Dobyns Bennett because they have one of the best coaching staffs in the state .It was a well played game and that turnover at the end wasn't a factor for either side.

8 minutes ago, Swipes said:

The Culture change started in 2007 when Coach McCurry was hired and Ballard came back to take over the O (Ballard told my senior class he would be back to coach us for our senior year)  Coach McCurry's demand a new weight room before he would take the greeneville job and brought Coach Bentley with him to coach the Oline.  Devil Camp started and missing workouts or practices wasn't acceptable anymore.  Went from missing the play-offs to making the Quarter finals and started the current streak of conference championships won.  A lot of that staff is still at Greeneville (Ballard, Bentley, Spradlen, Hammonds).  The Devils knew what hardwork could get them.  Greeneville isn't quite Maryville but the culture will stay and will always be a tough out for anyone

Great post.If it was going to happen in NET,it might as well have been in Greeneville.Wish it could have happened up here when Dobyns Bennett started it's slide several years ago.

Due to the lack of local sports media I had to turn to CoachT messaged boards for some insight on this game. 

And WaCoJaCo, if the pass defense is so bad in your opinion, can you explain the difference in man coverage and zone coverage to me? or maybe how that ties into the front and box players?

Can you explain leverage and how it pertains to field position, down/distance, and formation?

Do you or anyone on this board know what 10, 11, 12, 20, 21, 22, 23 personnel is?

How about fronts? Do you know what an over/under/okie, heads, or G front is? 

Can you explain the technique used by the boundary corner in man coverage?

Do you know what the field/boundary is as it pertains to defense alignment?

How about match coverage? 

Don't talk about stuff that coaches talk about and pretend to know. Coaches don't even think about the crap yall say on here. They think like coaches not fans. Have you ever watched a game from field level? Try to stand on a sideline with thousands of screaming fans behind you, players on the sidelines yelling, personnel movement/changes happening all around you, and all the while you're not even able to see the changes because you have 25 seconds to call a play which requires you to look down at the playcall sheet, decide the personnel/formation/play type/play call, and in reality you can't see very well form a horizon setting like a sideline. You need to be in the box where its easier to see all this happening. In reality from one play ending to the next play you have about 7-9 seconds to gather as much info as you can pertaining to the situation and get a play called and sent in so you have enough time to sub guys in, huddle up/signal the play, and get lined up and called before a delay of game flag comes flying in. 

It's easy to sit in the stands and criticize each call but you don't even know what they are calling you just see the end result of the play and talk crap like you even know wtf coverage is. Go back to selling cars little man and let the big boys actually decide whats going on. No coach in the history of football has ever spent hours drawing up a play so it WON'T work, they spend hours and hours studying film, drawing up plays against each look to decide what will work. Each play design has a chance to cover each route, front, blitz, etc or else you wouldn't call it as a coach. It boils down to the player doing his job.

As Urban Meyer once told me in a dim lit room after hours of watching tape, "It's not the X's and O's, it's the Jimmy's and Joe's"  

Edited by TheOnlyBallCoachHere