Greeneville @ DB

3 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Lol you do not seem to get a lot DB fans to respond/post. Now OR is loaded with fans to post and AC fans are there but do not respond as often. I only check in during football season LOL :) and love giving DevilMan heck bad part is he gives me heck too. :) It would be great for him to start the season 0-1 Lol ;)

You better pray for Greeneville to lose but it ain’t gonna happen 

Been watching this thread for weeks now. Thought I would put my 2 cents worth in. Saw the Tribe play a couple of games last year. I was extremely impressed with the big RB. He's a beast. The games I saw I felt like he should have had maybe 10 more carries each game. WaCo is correct on the pass defense. If it hasn't improved there may be some big plays by the Devils. if I were Joey i'd give the rock to my stud back and keep the ball as much as possible. Greenevilles offense can't score if they don't have the ball. In the Bradley central playoff game last year DB had a 7 1/2 minute drive for a score. and another in the second qtr that was probably 5 or 6 minutes long. Then decided to start mixing it up and the game turned into a scoring fest.  It didn't turn out to well for the tribe. Good luck to both fine football teams tomorrow night. Should be a classic. Wish this area had more slobberknockers like this game to go see.

7 minutes ago, DandDD said:

Been watching this thread for weeks now. Thought I would put my 2 cents worth in. Saw the Tribe play a couple of games last year. I was extremely impressed with the big RB. He's a beast. The games I saw I felt like he should have had maybe 10 more carries each game. WaCo is correct on the pass defense. If it hasn't improved there may be some big plays by the Devils. if I were Joey i'd give the rock to my stud back and keep the ball as much as possible. Greenevilles offense can't score if they don't have the ball. In the Bradley central playoff game last year DB had a 7 1/2 minute drive for a score. and another in the second qtr that was probably 5 or 6 minutes long. Then decided to start mixing it up and the game turned into a scoring fest.  It didn't turn out to well for the tribe. Good luck to both fine football teams tomorrow night. Should be a classic. Wish this area had more slobberknockers like this game to go see.

Yep,I had to leave the BC game at half for work and the BC fans told me DB had that game.I said don't even count your team out because I've seen way to many DB playoff games and this one is far from over.I've seen the opponents fans even leave and come back towards the end of games.

Well I know how explosive Greeneville can be. They are very capable of putting 40+ on anybody. But I think IF the Indians could control the line of scrimmage on offense and Hicks carry the ball 25+ times then Greeneville could be held to half the total they're capable (3 yds and a cloud of black pellets :)).   Could be the game of the year in NET even though it's only for bragging rights.

Watching some video on Greeneville. The short passing game is pretty impressive. WR screen with the Goddard kid is a touchdown waiting to happen. He's a big tall receiver. He can go long too.  Gellispie (not sure I spelled that right) is fast too.  DB could probably play him tight and take away the hitches and the slants but Goddard is strong. Not sure how to handle him. Hard to put pressure on Ballard when he's getting rid of the ball in a second or two.  Gonna be an interesting match up. If I were making a prediction i'd go two possible ways. Low scoring, grind it out type of game i'd say the Tribe. Running up and down the field i'd say Greeneville by a couple of scores.

16 minutes ago, DandDD said:

Watching some video on Greeneville. The short passing game is pretty impressive. WR screen with the Goddard kid is a touchdown waiting to happen. He's a big tall receiver. He can go long too.  Gellispie (not sure I spelled that right) is fast too.  DB could probably play him tight and take away the hitches and the slants but Goddard is strong. Not sure how to handle him. Hard to put pressure on Ballard when he's getting rid of the ball in a second or two.  Gonna be an interesting match up. If I were making a prediction i'd go two possible ways. Low scoring, grind it out type of game i'd say the Tribe. Running up and down the field i'd say Greeneville by a couple of scores.

Never know,DB might light it up through the air but I agree and thought so last year.DB's best chance is play keep away and just pound on the Devils with that big line and throw enough to move the chains.Maybe force a turnover or two as well.If I won the toss  and were DB,I'd take the ball and try to score every time and most importantly the last of the half.All sounds good but Greeneville may do enough to make DB throw on third down and force a punt..That's why you play the game and it should be awesome.About forgot,could be raining as well and who knows what will happen in a night like that.

6 hours ago, DandDD said:

Heavy rains would definitely change the game. A least with a turf field it won't be a muddy mess. Weather, Turnovers, Special teams, Penalties. They can all be game changers.  That's what makes it a great sport.  A lot of variables. 

Do you mean rain favors one team over another?

6 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

If the rumors are true and the Indians QB really is out for this game I'm afraid things  will get ugly quick. 

If he does play I think it will be a close game early with Greeneville pulling away late to win by 10-14.

The first "rumor" was Redwine had injured his ankle and would miss at least the first three games. Then the second "rumor" was the injury wasn't as bad as previously thought and was expected to be ready to go in the first game. I'm guessing he either will play or won't play.