Greeneville @ DB

24 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Some good friends and  players on this old Devil team.Like most Devil teams ,we have lost some fine men but will never forget them.The toughest and probably one of the best natural athletes I ever competed with and against was Raymond Perry.He was strong as superman and twice as fast,atleast I thought so.I never got to hear him preach but I know he had to have been a great man of God because we all thought he was like Samson in high school.1977

Raymond was a great Man!  I played with his son Dale at Greeneville.  The Apple didn't fall far from the tree Dale was tough as Pine Knots and loved to lay the wood at MLB and FB.  Dale didn't talk much but was a natural leader

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Raymond was a great Man!  I played with his son Dale at Greeneville.  The Apple didn't fall far from the tree Dale was tough as Pine Knots and loved to lay the wood at MLB and FB.  Dale didn't talk much but was a natural leader

I remember him coming into the fall and running a sub 4.6 out of shape and benching everything we could through on.I think he hurt his neck that year ,I was told  the Bear and most big time programs were looking at him before that .We had a bunch of tough players and when our young offense caught up,we were already beat up pretty bad.By our record that year,it's easy to see we became more like " The waterboy " when he throws the lineman the ball just to run him down and knock him out.I wouldn't have wanted to go against that defense when it was healthy.We had some good tough coaches also,one or two had just came back from Vietnam and coach Horton would go on and become a great head coach at Rhea county.I believe the next years defense without a few of us including Raymond,broke the conference record for not giving up points.That's the kind of hard hitting defense I want to see this week along with that great Devil offense.I don't want DB to go for another 400 plus yards this year.My kids do,but I don't.

1 hour ago, TitleTown18 said:

Can’t wait for this game.  I believe this game will test both teams and tell us a lot about each team.  A win will be huge for either team and a loss will hurt but will not determine either teams season.  I pick the Devils 31-21.  What does every one else think?  

Devils by 3+ Scores 

If DB scores 45 and it's not a Multiple overtime game,then Greeneville deserves to lose.If DB runs it down the Devils throat like last year in the first half and the size just isn't there to stop them,then you just say congratulations and move on with a win or loss.Now if DB can't stop the Devils offense and can't do much on offense either,then they have went backwards and all the talk around town will be what a cluster the football program has become.One thing is for sure.If the DB football team we're as good as the band,they would win every game including the playoffs by 50.Now my prediction on  game week 35-31 Devils ( I hope )