Greeneville @ DB

I always thought they should have just upgraded the old stands bathrooms and pressbox ,  then built a new home side away from the friggin sun .move the baseball field over where the new crossover walk was never built on the other side of center Street.Either way ,like you have always said.None of it matters and is just for show if the results keep worsening every time you spend money.

Edited by BatmanDevil

I think Greeneville will be fine on offense and move the ball against DB.  Now it might take Greeneville a series or two to see what DB is doing up front, but Greeneville will get their inside running game going and put up some points.  I expect DB to take some chances on defense with stunts and bringing LBs, and when teams do that, they will guess right sometimes and blow up running plays.  But if you guess wrong and/or Greeneville gets it blocked, thats when big plays happen.  And when the running game gets going, that makes Greeneville's passing game even harder to stop.

On the other side of the ball, DB's running game will be the best that Greeneville faces all year.  DB is big and physical up front, and DB's running back is quick, tough to bring down, and can tote the rock.  DB is also good at showing lots of formations, using motions, and creating situations with more blockers than defenders.  DB's QB is very capable of making all the throws and is good at moving the chains.

Greeneville better not think they will just walk into Kingsport and run all over DB.  I hate to say it, but this is the perfect spot for letdown for the Greene Devils after going undefeated last year, winning the state championship by a million, having seniors committed to D1 schools all over the country, and hearing everyone talk about how good Greeneville is and is a lock to win another gold ball.

Greeneville better strap up and get ready for a tough, physical game.  All the hype and numbers in the weightroom won't mean anything if they are 0-1 after Friday night.  This game will show a lot about the leadership of Greeneville and if they will be able to block out all the noise this year and take care of business.

All that being said, i think the game plays out similar to last year's- close game at the half and Greeneville pulls away- 38-21.  

53 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

I think Greeneville will be fine on offense and move the ball against DB.  Now it might take Greeneville a series or two to see what DB is doing up front, but Greeneville will get their inside running game going and put up some points.  I expect DB to take some chances on defense with stunts and bringing LBs, and when teams do that, they will guess right sometimes and blow up running plays.  But if you guess wrong and/or Greeneville gets it blocked, thats when big plays happen.  And when the running game gets going, that makes Greeneville's passing game even harder to stop.

On the other side of the ball, DB's running game will be the best that Greeneville faces all year.  DB is big and physical up front, and DB's running back is quick, tough to bring down, and can tote the rock.  DB is also good at showing lots of formations, using motions, and creating situations with more blockers than defenders.  DB's QB is very capable of making all the throws and is good at moving the chains.

Greeneville better not think they will just walk into Kingsport and run all over DB.  I hate to say it, but this is the perfect spot for letdown for the Greene Devils after going undefeated last year, winning the state championship by a million, having seniors committed to D1 schools all over the country, and hearing everyone talk about how good Greeneville is and is a lock to win another gold ball.

Greeneville better strap up and get ready for a tough, physical game.  All the hype and numbers in the weightroom won't mean anything if they are 0-1 after Friday night.  This game will show a lot about the leadership of Greeneville and if they will be able to block out all the noise this year and take care of business.

All that being said, i think the game plays out similar to last year's- close game at the half and Greeneville pulls away- 38-21.  

If I were any team playing DB I wouldn't waste time trying to establish the running game. I'd come out throwing to what will be wide open receivers, run up about 40 points and then go to the running game and kill clock time.

58 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

If I were any team playing DB I wouldn't waste time trying to establish the running game. I'd come out throwing to what will be wide open receivers, run up about 40 points and then go to the running game and kill clock time.

If that happened Friday night, it would be the first time Coach Ballard has ever done that.  Never know, he might.  But that is not his style and it goes against his core philosophy as a coach.  Even with all the talent he has at QB and WR, he is going to run the football because that is what wins when in the 4th quarter and in December.  

2 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

If that happened Friday night, it would be the first time Coach Ballard has ever done that.  Never know, he might.  But that is not his style and it goes against his core philosophy as a coach.  Even with all the talent he has at QB and WR, he is going to run the football because that is what wins when in the 4th quarter and in December.  

Waco wasn't serious, he was being sarcastic lol.  

19 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

He did that against Elizabethton last year and then the second half he pounded the rock and it wasn’t even close on the field 

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

No he was being serious lol 

Yep,Devilman your 100% correct this time.32,it goes against the way most solid coaches look at establishing the run to open up the pass and I'd be the same on that if I were calm enough to be a coach.DB hit the pass big on Greeneville last year because of the big running threat .That all said,DB has had problems with the pass defense ever since this group pretty much was in preschool.DB may pick off 5 passes as if Gerald and Coty Sensabaugh we're back there together.Id see if they are back there and if not,throw for 500 yards.I think 32 gave an overview pretty much how I see it .DB has also got the Devil's Kryptonite with that size on their offense and a QB that can sling it.If Greeneville comes up here thinking they are the shet,they might be going home covered in  their own.6A teams with talent can never be overlooked.As I said about last year's team,they had already lost a bunch of their best linemen and fastest player from that class before their senior year and that team still steamrolled like few teams the Devils have seen.Better be confident but just like I've told Tribe players before a scrimmage with Greeneville over the past several years.Be ready to get hit harder then you ever have.My oldest Indians team laughed until it happened.The Devils better also be ready.May the toughest team win,will it be my Devil brothers from Greeneville or these Indian brothers of my kids.I was told yesterday at work by a former Indian that I should be for my boys team because it's been years since I played for Greeneville.I said to him,my kids are not playing now and I'm still a Devil ! I can pull for DB next week

Edited by BatmanDevil

2 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

So you fully expect Greeneville to win? 

Nobody has a clue as to who will win this game. Even your 3+ score prediction is just a guess. You might be guessing right or you could be way off. Making predictions is what everybody does when they can't wait for the game to be played. If someone guesses right they can thump their chest and pretend their smart. If someone guess wrong they just move on and try to guess the next weeks score. It's really pretty silly if you think about it.

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Waco wasn't serious, he was being sarcastic lol.  

Yeah. I was being serious. The pass will be there all game. DB can't defend it. Why monkey around with establishing the run game? Just keep throwing it to those wide open receivers and build you up a big lead, then cruise from there with the run.  I know nobody does it that way but then nobody has a pass defense as bad as DB.