Greeneville @ DB

23 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

So you don't know?

Don’t see Greeneville’s Defense giving up as many points as Db defense. You said yourself Sullivan central could score more than 23 on db. Greeneville’s Defense is very good and if Db wants to win they will have to run the ball and we are good at run defense 

15 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Don’t see Greeneville’s Defense giving up as many points as Db defense. You said yourself Sullivan central could score more than 23 on db. Greeneville’s Defense is very good and if Db wants to win they will have to run the ball and we are good at run defense 

DB should have a pretty stout offense. I'm not sure they'll be a high scoring team even though they probably could be. I look for them to try a ball control type offense and grind out as much time as they can. I don't think there is much drop off in the offensive line from last year. With the line and the backfield that they have they should be successful if they don't turn the ball over.  DB's run defense should be okay enough to keep the score even. The problem is with the DB defensive backfield. And it's a huge one. They simply can't defend the pass. For the 12th year in a row, really bad pass defense. I believe every touchdown scored on DB's defense in the two scrimmages have been on long pass plays to wide open receivers. So I expect to see opponents to come out and try to establish the run first and when that doesn't pan out they'll go to the air and blow the game open. Sad that the coaching staff at DB still doesn't get it after 12 years of embarrassment.

22 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

DB should have a pretty stout offense. I'm not sure they'll be a high scoring team even though they probably could be. I look for them to try a ball control type offense and grind out as much time as they can. I don't think there is much drop off in the offensive line from last year. With the line and the backfield that they have they should be successful if they don't turn the ball over.  DB's run defense should be okay enough to keep the score even. The problem is with the DB defensive backfield. And it's a huge one. They simply can't defend the pass. For the 12th year in a row, really bad pass defense. I believe every touchdown scored on DB's defense in the two scrimmages have been on long pass plays to wide open receivers. So I expect to see opponents to come out and try to establish the run first and when that doesn't pan out they'll go to the air and blow the game open. Sad that the coaching staff at DB still doesn't get it after 12 years of embarrassment.

From what I can tell Greeneville does not have much of a deep threat, but they run that bubble screen (or whatever it's called) VERY well.       So DB's DB's need to play up close and aggressive.     They simply have to get off the WR blocks and make the tackle or at least contain towards the sideline.     I am counting on DB jamming that bubble play to hold on 24-23

30 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

From what I can tell Greeneville does not have much of a deep threat, but they run that bubble screen (or whatever it's called) VERY well.       So DB's DB's need to play up close and aggressive.     They simply have to get off the WR blocks and make the tackle or at least contain towards the sideline.     I am counting on DB jamming that bubble play to hold on 24-23

I think you are getting the 24-23 confused with the South and Blazer game! Lol 

55 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Greene has plenty of play makers for the deep ball if needed?  Greene was balanced last year and I am sure they will be balanced this year.   DB will need to have some balance running and passing.  If they try to pound it I see them wearing down by halftime!  Correct me if I am wrong but want DB have quiet a few guys playing both sides of the ball this season?  To be fair most high schools have a lot players playing both sides.  The difference will be made though,  by those who put in the work during the offseason.

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

What Im saying is the defensive backfield for DB are so poorly coached they will be beaten anywhere on the field. It doesn't have to be a deep threat. They don't seem to care.

Greeneville for sure has the studs to go deep.Turnovers as Waco says could be huge.It beat DB last year and can beat any team.The two biggest OL are back and I 100% look for them to run over most teams.When the line is stacked,the DB QB has an arm.Should be interesting .I'd say Greeneville will see a lot of stunts and blitzes from the Tribe to try and help the DB defensive backfield